Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

24FEB15 - ACCOUNT SITTING 90-DAY LIMIT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Albatross View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albatross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 18:01
Heh, it would be nice if cities fell into disrepair if the player didn't log in. Like a slow-onset siege.
GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM ThunderCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 18:18
Originally posted by Albatross Albatross wrote:

Heh, it would be nice if cities fell into disrepair if the player didn't log in. Like a slow-onset siege.
Cities stop producing resources after 14 days, they may still consume resources depending on their layout (most likely food, but may be other basics). They are still affected by negative production; so running out of gold etc means they loose troops, sov, building levels etc - unless they are shipped resources to counter this.

So this already happens.

Edited by GM ThunderCat - 25 Feb 2015 at 18:19
Albatross View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albatross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 18:34
Originally posted by GM ThunderCat GM ThunderCat wrote:

Originally posted by Albatross Albatross wrote:

Cities stop producing resources after 14 days, they may still consume resources depending on their layout (most likely food, but may be other basics). They are still affected by negative production; so running out of gold etc means they loose troops, sov, building levels etc - unless they are shipped resources to counter this.

So this already happens.
That, I didn't know!
Dragonwort View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dragonwort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 18:47
Originally posted by Berde Berde wrote:

Originally posted by Dragonwort Dragonwort wrote:

Kudos.....but...

Ends the perma-sats but the cities still belong to the alliance and with the new 10+ city rule, the perma-sats will simply be sieged by the same players who perma-sat them. And nothing will change, except the griping about perma-sats...lol..
The devs aren't going to alienate the long time mega-alliance players....

Please, somebody tell me I'm wrong about thisConfused Dragonwort

But at least you won't get old players getting 10+ cities on their own account and then getting 10+ cities on a sat account to boot.

I see nothing wrong with an alliance continuing to claim ownership over and redistributing cities of players who have become inactive. Those cities were likely built with assistance and resources supplied by members of that alliance and should be guarded as the investment that they are.

And neither do I...that's SOP in many if not most alliances...I was(erroneously) hoping that the end of perma-sits would redistribute the cities and create a more level playing field.  I did not think it through when wishing for an end to the perma-sitting and at the time, it did not occur to me that the cities would still belong to the alliance. Once I realized that mistake... I was then hoping that with so many abandoned cities and most of the alliance players in the older alliances already with 10 cities, that the alliance would choose to abandon at least some which could be sieged by other players. With the new 10+ rule, that is not a probability.

Obviously some alliance has to be the largest alliance and I'm sure that those alliances became what they are through hard work, perseverance, and game smarts. I honestly don't fault any alliance for gaining a leadership role in Illy and am happy with the status quo; the end of the perma-sit loophole makes for a cleaner game in any event. AND the 10+ rule gives those 4 and 5 year veterans a new outlook on Illy imho....lol...  Big smile     Dragonwort
Just another wrench in the works..
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 18:48
permasat troops should be sent to audrey
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 19:43
Originally posted by Hora Hora wrote:

Brand, some years ago the Devs said something about quite effective queries being at work to prevent multiaccounting. But any query can be tricked by using more than one computer, different proxies, etc... then there is NO chance to get them by tech alone.
Sophisticated misdirection is probably harder to track. I don't believe most Illyrians with 3+ accounts are doing that. Permasats have been abused in plain sight for a long, long time with no action taken. Can I prove that those players are multi-accounting beyond a shadow of a doubt? No. How could I? But it isn't rocket science to identify which accounts have enormous armies, and receive gold and items from other sat accounts, which themselves never have the owners log in. That isn't a question of technology, just effort and some confrontations.
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 20:47
"Sophisticated misdirection is probably harder to track. I don't believe most Illyrians with 3+ accounts are doing that. Permasats have been abused in plain sight for a long, long time with no action taken. Can I prove that those players are multi-accounting beyond a shadow of a doubt? No. How could I? But it isn't rocket science to identify which accounts have enormous armies, and receive gold and items from other sat accounts, which themselves never have the owners log in. That isn't a question of technology, just effort and some confrontations."

1) Sat accounts have not been "abused" -- they were always allowed by the rules. You could have done the same thing.

2) There was action taken about sat accounts. We just took action. 

3) This isn't a question of "effort", I can promise you that. Do not assume that you know what my normal work month is like. :) And I think you know that I am not afraid of confrontations.

Again, players, if you see something that is off, REPORT IT. No one will stick a shiv in you while in the exercise yard, I promise. All information is kept between us.

Thanks for the input, seriously. Great so far!

Rikoo

Edited by GM Rikoo - 25 Feb 2015 at 20:47
Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
Klingon View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klingon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 20:55
Most games have a six week maximum sit period and a mandatory use by original user of at least 80% of the time. If alliances want to maintain huge armies they should recruit players willing to act as feeders to their warriors. I just hope that this new ruling is effective immediately with all players sitting accounts for longer than 90 day and/or sat accounts already receiving their week notice.
Berde View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 21:18
The 90 day ticker started as of yesterday-ish. You can see how many days are left to sit an account (Active or not. Even if you're just set as backup to an active player "just in case" this still applies) by going to your Account Sitter page.
Mr Damage View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Damage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 06:06
Originally posted by GM Rikoo GM Rikoo wrote:

Originally posted by Mr Damage Mr Damage wrote:

Applaud this decision but you must also be realistic enough to concede that permasats are at best half the problem. Account sharing, as many have suggested previously, is just as big of an issue if not bigger. Policing this is far more difficult judging by the amount of sharing going on in the game. Alas this step is a huge step forward for reducing the game to live accounts rather than multi-accounting.

Do me a favor. If you know someone is multiaccounting or sharing passwords or anything that breaks the rules, REPORT it to me. Especially if you know of so many.

Otherwise, you are just speculating. Either way, please help make my job a little easier. Thank you!

GM Rikoo

GM Rik,

Unfortunately I do know of players that are multi accounting/account gifting/sharing accounts, whatever you want to call it and I would imagine they are quite concerned about the fact that I am speaking here about it, some accounts are on their 3rd or more owners. I can assure both you and these players however that expecting me or anyone else to dob them in is simply not going to happen, it goes against some of the moral standings that I adhere to. I am not saying your job is easy to stamp it out, such tactics go on in every online game and the sitting option was a wonderful tool to discourage or remove the need for players to share passwords and user names. In most other games if you go on holidays your only choice to survive whilst offline is to share passwords, here it is different thanks to sitting.

I'm glad sitting is being fixed and I urge you to publish every time you find a multi accounter or gifter and ban them. As you can see from all the responses to the posts about the recent releases, people here care almost as much about this game as you Devs do and communication is both a great morale booster and a great deterrent to the cheaters. These people are out there and whilst you may not get them all immediately, as long as you are getting them regularly and letting us know, the game will be better for it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic