Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

24FEB15 - ACCOUNT SITTING 90-DAY LIMIT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Elias_Knight View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elias_Knight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 06:24
Originally posted by Albatross Albatross wrote:

Originally posted by GM ThunderCat GM ThunderCat wrote:

Heh, it would be nice if cities fell into disrepair if the player didn't log in. Like a slow-onset siege.
Cities stop producing resources after 14 days, they may still consume resources depending on their layout (most likely food, but may be other basics). They are still affected by negative production; so running out of gold etc means they loose troops, sov, building levels etc - unless they are shipped resources to counter this.

So this already happens.
That, I didn't know!

I didn't know that either, thats good to know
Berde View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 06:42
That explains some growth charts I've seen.
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 13:35
Originally posted by Mr Damage Mr Damage wrote:

Originally posted by GM Rikoo GM Rikoo wrote:

Applaud this decision but you must also be realistic enough to concede that permasats are at best half the problem. Account sharing, as many have suggested previously, is just as big of an issue if not bigger. Policing this is far more difficult judging by the amount of sharing going on in the game. Alas this step is a huge step forward for reducing the game to live accounts rather than multi-accounting.

Do me a favor. If you know someone is multiaccounting or sharing passwords or anything that breaks the rules, REPORT it to me. Especially if you know of so many.

Otherwise, you are just speculating. Either way, please help make my job a little easier. Thank you!

GM Rikoo

GM Rik,

Unfortunately I do know of players that are multi accounting/account gifting/sharing accounts, whatever you want to call it and I would imagine they are quite concerned about the fact that I am speaking here about it, some accounts are on their 3rd or more owners. I can assure both you and these players however that expecting me or anyone else to dob them in is simply not going to happen, it goes against some of the moral standings that I adhere to. I am not saying your job is easy to stamp it out, such tactics go on in every online game and the sitting option was a wonderful tool to discourage or remove the need for players to share passwords and user names. In most other games if you go on holidays your only choice to survive whilst offline is to share passwords, here it is different thanks to sitting.

I'm glad sitting is being fixed and I urge you to publish every time you find a multi accounter or gifter and ban them. As you can see from all the responses to the posts about the recent releases, people here care almost as much about this game as you Devs do and communication is both a great morale booster and a great deterrent to the cheaters. These people are out there and whilst you may not get them all immediately, as long as you are getting them regularly and letting us know, the game will be better for it.

Fine. Let me put it another way.

If someone is cheating, hacking, duping, multiaccounting, or anything that actively works to cheat the game and its players, then that person AND the players who knew about the exploits/cheat/hack and said nothing can have their accounts terminated.

As I said, this is not the prison yard; it's an indie game that we work very hard to leave free and open for those who cannot normally afford a game with such a community and gameplay. If someone thinks it is OK to cheat such a game, they will not be playing here long

GM Rikoo

Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 14:08

As I said, this is not the prison yard; it's an indie game that we work very hard to leave free and open for those who cannot normally afford a game with such a community and gameplay. If someone thinks it is OK to cheat such a game, they will not be playing here long

And what I think Rikoo means here is that there tends to be prison etiquette in people looking the other way on players who are wantonly breaking the ToS, so as not to be a "snitch." "Prison yard" is a good allusion -- as a community, do we all have a criminal mentality? In your RL communities, do you cast a blind eye to people breaking the law? In both cases, I think not.

I applaud all efforts to fervently enforce the rules of this game. Without enforcement, laws and rules are meaningless. If the account sitter rule goes into effect and players circumvent it by multiaccounting and there are no repercussions, then the new permasat rules with mean nothing; all of the excitement over them will be moot.

Captain Kindly View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Kindly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 14:40
Ok, back to the changes.

I think there is a bug here, with showing the number of days left.

For people you appointed as a sitter, it shows 'Remaining <number> days'

For people that appointed you, the <number> is missing, but the display tags 'Remaining' and 'days' are there.

I tested this on Opera and Chrome.

Edited by Captain Kindly - 26 Feb 2015 at 14:42
Hora View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 15:01

Applaud this decision but you must also be realistic enough to concede that permasats are at best half the problem. Account sharing, as many have suggested previously, is just as big of an issue if not bigger. Policing this is far more difficult judging by the amount of sharing going on in the game. Alas this step is a huge step forward for reducing the game to live accounts rather than multi-accounting.

Do me a favor. If you know someone is multiaccounting or sharing passwords or anything that breaks the rules, REPORT it to me. Especially if you know of so many.

Otherwise, you are just speculating. Either way, please help make my job a little easier. Thank you!

GM Rikoo

GM Rik,

Unfortunately I do know of players that are multi accounting/account gifting/sharing accounts, whatever you want to call it and I would imagine they are quite concerned about the fact that I am speaking here about it, some accounts are on their 3rd or more owners. I can assure both you and these players however that expecting me or anyone else to dob them in is simply not going to happen, it goes against some of the moral standings that I adhere to. I am not saying your job is easy to stamp it out, such tactics go on in every online game and the sitting option was a wonderful tool to discourage or remove the need for players to share passwords and user names. In most other games if you go on holidays your only choice to survive whilst offline is to share passwords, here it is different thanks to sitting.

I'm glad sitting is being fixed and I urge you to publish every time you find a multi accounter or gifter and ban them. As you can see from all the responses to the posts about the recent releases, people here care almost as much about this game as you Devs do and communication is both a great morale booster and a great deterrent to the cheaters. These people are out there and whilst you may not get them all immediately, as long as you are getting them regularly and letting us know, the game will be better for it.

Fine. Let me put it another way.

If someone is cheating, hacking, duping, multiaccounting, or anything that actively works to cheat the game and its players, then that person AND the players who knew about the exploits/cheat/hack and said nothing can have their accounts terminated.

GM Rikoo

Not knowing any of those persons,... is there a possibility for milder punishments on self-indictment? Might give you some more indications from players so far fearing the full power of the ban hammer when trying to report anything...
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 15:16
Hora - 

I apologize. I did not mean to say that all people involved with knowing cheats/exploits/etc will be banned. I have no idea, frankly, until I see the situation.

What I said was that all people who knowingly hide information or otherwise get involved CAN (as in possibly) be banned the same as anyone who might be doing the actual cheating. 

We have had this discussion in the past, so I don't want to go over it again, but feel free to contact me in game! The point is that if you see something or even DID something, the best thing is just to go "Here's this, in case you can use it." 

Anyway, our playerbase is mostly honest and plain kick-ass. Seriously; maybe it's the PvP but the players tend to keep things clean and mean. Sportspersonship maybe? 

GM Rikoo

Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
Captain Kindly View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Kindly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 21:16
Originally posted by Captain Kindly Captain Kindly wrote:

Ok, back to the changes.

I think there is a bug here, with showing the number of days left.

For people you appointed as a sitter, it shows 'Remaining <number> days'

For people that appointed you, the <number> is missing, but the display tags 'Remaining' and 'days' are there.

I tested this on Opera and Chrome.

Thanks for the Quickfix, TC. Thumbs Up
Hora View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 23:32

Hora - 
I apologize. I did not mean to say that all people involved with knowing cheats/exploits/etc will be banned. I have no idea, frankly, until I see the situation.
(...)
GM Rikoo
No offense taken, and many thanks for the clarification! Thus end of digression, back to topic...Thumbs Up
Hora View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 23:37
Originally posted by GM ThunderCat GM ThunderCat wrote:

Heh, it would be nice if cities fell into disrepair if the player didn't log in. Like a slow-onset siege.
Cities stop producing resources after 14 days, they may still consume resources depending on their layout (most likely food, but may be other basics). They are still affected by negative production; so running out of gold etc means they loose troops, sov, building levels etc - unless they are shipped resources to counter this.

So this already happens.

Hmm... cheap siege tactic, although a bit slower than throwing stones Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic