Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

24FEB15 - ACCOUNT SITTING 90-DAY LIMIT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 24FEB15 - ACCOUNT SITTING 90-DAY LIMIT
    Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 21:46
Hi everyone,

ACCOUNT SITTING 90-DAY LIMIT & AUTO-CANCEL
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY 

We've made changes to the way account sitting works.

From now on, you can only sit an account for a maximum of 90 days before your sitting rights will be automatically cancelled by the system.

90 days after being appointed as a sitter, the system will automatically remove a sitter from the holding account.  

A 7-day warning email will be sent to both the sitter and the account holder before the 90-day period is reached.

You can see the "sitting time remaining" on your Account Sitters page, here: http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Player/Account?page=sitter

The 90-day clock, for all sat accounts, started today

Once you have been removed as a sitter, the account holder can log back in with their username and password, and reappoint you as a sitter - which resets the 90-day countdown clock.

This also means that the 90-day clock can be reset at any point by the account holder, simply by cancelling and then reinstating a sitter.  This may be useful if, for example, the account holder is going on holiday, but their sitting arrangements are about to expire: before they leave on holiday they can reset the 90-day countdown by removing and reappointing their sitters.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to remind players that sharing account credentials and/or passwords is strictly against the Terms & Conditions of service.

If you have forgotten your password then you can retrieve it from the account login page using the "Forgotten username/password" link directly beneath the "Log In" button.  Instructions for resetting your password will be emailed to the email address provided when the account was created.

Regards,

SC

Edited by GM Stormcrow - 24 Feb 2015 at 22:03
PurpleRain View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurpleRain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 21:56
I only sit my alt, but I certainly approve, sitting should be a temporary measure not a long term one, its "holiday mode" and three months is more than enough.

Thank you for this one SC. I think you guys have just made ALOT of Illyrians happy....possibly a few grumpy too but this is a right step for the future. :) 
Aurordan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Player Council - Ambassador

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Aurordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 21:56
Oh my Devs the bombs just keep on dropping.  By the end of the week, Illy will be a gritty, futuristic first person shooter.  
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 22:01
Best news of this 5-year anniversary update! Thank you, devs. Now players have the opportunity to grow their city count to the max -- they are just going to have to do it without permasats. This really levels the playing field. How many millions of troops will perish in the great permasat void?

Perhaps we need a "permasat war" for all of the big, old alliances to at least have some fun with their permasats before they go the way of the dodo?

Lagavulin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lagavulin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 22:05
Excellent news!

Thank you.  (though please make sure you do keep a tight reign on players multi accounting)
Etherea View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Etherea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 22:06
That does beg the question what will happen once the permasats are no longer sat upon, will they just sit there waiting for someone to notice they are no longer active, or will the Devs remove the accounts after a time? I mean that is potentially a LOT of cities, and quite a few of the sizable ones that will be up for grabs if they leave them, or just a cleaner map if they remove them.
Starry View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 22:19
Bravo SC, this is a wonderful change and long overdue.    Thanks for all the changes especially this one.  *bows*
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

Diva View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 22:20
:::::rubs hands together:::::: 
bring on my new inactive cities!!!!! 
...for the no longer sat accounts.. Big smile
With the new city counts.. WHAT A BOON we shall have!
Sorry, hard for me to sit an account 2 weeks, much less 90 days!!
"Um diva.... you are sort of acting like a .... diva...." - PhoenixFire
GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM ThunderCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 22:29
Originally posted by Etherea Etherea wrote:

That does beg the question what will happen once the permasats are no longer sat upon, will they just sit there waiting for someone to notice they are no longer active, or will the Devs remove the accounts after a time? I mean that is potentially a LOT of cities, and quite a few of the sizable ones that will be up for grabs if they leave them, or just a cleaner map if they remove them.
The regular account abandonment rules will apply: http://www.illyriad.co.uk/Support/Account
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 22:37
I think this is a very healthy change for the game.  Well done.

I suggest the developers consider sending a notification of this change to all the e-mails that have been registered to log in to the game.  Maybe with an invitation to return?  Possibly we could get some long-absent friends back.

Edited by Rill - 24 Feb 2015 at 22:50
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic