Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Great War

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 23>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Venita View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Venita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2015 at 16:21
You forgot Insanity Inc Hal!   Alas for my former allaince, who battled NC several times.  After losing to NC in a war started by Warren G,  I looked to strengthen the alliance.  II was never a large military force, being more eclectic as a group.   However, we needed strength, and to be honest, I wanted to have a more military style play without endangering my alliance.   Therefore , we came to an agreement with Bane to merge,  the fighters go with Bane, the merchants to II to be the trader/merchant.    Can you believe? During the end of our negotiations,  NC declares war on BANE.   WHAT to do ?   We waited a bit, then decided to move ahead with the merge anyway.  II paid dearly for this as part of the surrender, ONLY the II members that joined Bane during the war lost 2 of their cities.   The senior members in Bane lost 1 city.  I also lost a very close member, Shamarra, who NC sieged out of the game...  but that was before the great war.   I still miss her. 

Edited by Venita - 17 Jan 2015 at 22:15
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillerPoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2015 at 20:54
Shamarra had already quit a year before those events and the account was being run by her RL boyfriend.

He decided to suicide the account out because he disliked NC. and did not want to accept the terms of the surrender.

He informed me of the whole story after he had sent out all Shamara's troops against NC.
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
Mr Damage View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Damage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2015 at 21:06
Enough of this forum bickering, I think its time for another war! Pick your sides and lets get it on.Angry
Venita View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Venita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2015 at 22:20
Ah I was keeping Shams identity a secret, Of COURSE I know who was playing the account.  What choice did he have ?  NC went after all his cities, every single one.  
Epidemic View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Epidemic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2015 at 23:14
I remember the Shamarra incident quite well, I rallied to her side and was quite vocal in gc about it. Her towns were near one of mine, when I noticed all the sieges surrounding her cities I messaged her and asked if she needed help. She asked for help and I proceeded to contact NC and a neutral alliance in hopes of letting her bow out of the BANE agreement to hand over 2 cities. Negotiations failed.

It was some time later when I found out she, Shamarra, was a he and he was gifted the account after his girlfriend quit the game. I was privy to an IGM 'Shamarra' wrote where he said he was suiciding out of the game and that it wasn't his account anyways. Needless to say I was quite upset that he tricked me into thinking he needed help and was being 'picked on'.
I don't like gifted accounts, which are illegal as far as I know, stirring up trouble and trying to drag others into it. He decided to go out in a bang on an account that wasn't his on a game he was no longer interested in playing. He should of accepted the 2 city lose and gave the other cities to II.
Hora View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 00:53
As a former Consone member I want to make clear, that this war was no Consone war, though some former allies joined forces with some Crow alliances, and some alliances not being part of any of those blocks.

Where concrete amounts of reparations paid were agreed on to stay secret (and I'll value this contract), the official directive of H? (I guess also posted in the forums...) was to throw us back about half a year. At least for my case (and I'm a slow player) they achieved maybe even a bit less in town growth, and items, well, those were paid and stuff was finished for me.

As I don't know exact data on the new contracts, I can't compare, but if they about achieve the same thing, well, that's live. There's no good or bad in reparations, just wether the payer has the chance to return at a reasonable time.

About players "sieged out"... if those were offered any way to save their towns and they didn't take it => their fault. 
If they had no chance => my plea goes out to all alliances to try to avoid that scenario!

And some players (at least in Consone war) quit because they didn't stand the constant war and bashing in the forums... Maybe the biggest losses to the game... Cry
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 03:52
Originally posted by Hora Hora wrote:

As a former Consone member I want to make clear, that this war was no Consone war, though some former allies joined forces with some Crow alliances, and some alliances not being part of any of those blocks.
EE is on record (at least for those of us who saw Hath's exposed post) as having justified its entry into the war based at least in part on hostilities with TVM carried forward from the Consone war...my point being that for some, the last war *was*, in some sense, a rematch. but i agree that imagining the last war as a sequel to the Consone war would be a mistake.
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 04:39
EE went after TVM because we were an easy target of revenge, which they knew would bait H? into war. After many telling comments from players on the GA side, it is clear that was their plan from at least the summer of 2013. They stomped on us as a bonus, not as the primary goal.

Edited by abstractdream - 18 Jan 2015 at 04:49
Bonfyr Verboo
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillerPoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 05:38
Originally posted by Venita Venita wrote:

Ah I was keeping Shams identity a secret, Of COURSE I know who was playing the account.  What choice did he have ?  NC went after all his cities, every single one.  

So you lied, and if the statement above is true then not for the first time either.

He chose the fate of that account. It could easily have been stopped but he did not want it that way.

"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
Endrok View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Endrok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 10:54

I just deleted my last post as this thread is already starting to drift 'Off Topic' and will probably continue to do so!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 23>
  Share Topic