FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

18NOV14 - Windows 8 App login support

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 18NOV14 - Windows 8 App login support
    Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 14:58
Hail commanders! 

If you have played Illyriad through the Windows 8 Store app, you'll be happy to know that we now support an account link. What this means is that if you have a main account and wanted to use it on the app, you now can! We are currently working on the ability to log in and out (to support an alt) and will announce when that is ready. 

If you have no idea what I am talking about, allow me to explain.

If you are on Windows 8.1 or RT (RT is sort of like iOS for Windows) you can go to the Windows store and download an Illyriad "app." This is a nice, fullscreen version of the game (but not the FINAL version) and works decently on Windows tablets. Before, a player might download the app and then notice that it only allowed the creation of a new account. Now, with this small update, the app allows a player to "link" their current account. This means that you can take your login credentials from your "normal" browser-based account and log in to the app. 

As it is right now, we do not allow a log in/log out procedure. That means you cannot link/delink to support your alt. We are working on adding that, but we wanted to let current players know that if you have tried the app before but were discouraged because you could not access your normal account, now you can.

We've also made some improvements to help speed up the app's startup times.

If you have not tried the app before, I would suggest giving it a go if you are Windows 8.1 or RT. You might like it!

Feel free to post any suggestions or questions about the app in this thread!

GM Rikoo

Edited by GM Rikoo - 26 Nov 2014 at 18:47
Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
fronfor View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fronfor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 02:48
How, exactly, would one link his account?
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 05:17
Originally posted by fronfor fronfor wrote:

Follow the app's instructions, but basically you would link it by signing in. After that, it will remain signed in when you open it, more like you would experience in many other apps. We will eventually add a way to login in with any account without linking.

GM Rikoo

Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GM ThunderCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 07:01
Originally posted by fronfor fronfor wrote:

Use the link account button:

You need to use the Windows 8.1 app rather than Windows 8
fronfor View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fronfor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 14:39
Thanks Thundercat!That's exactly what I was looking for. However, while trying to return to that page, I discovered

a) the app freaks out and freezes for several moments when you abandon your account

b) after a few minutes of this, the app sends you to the login screen. Not the new player screen, the log in screen you would see on the browser. Did you say the app didn't have a login screen?
Originally posted by GM Rikoo GM Rikoo wrote:

As it is right now, we do not allow a log in/log out procedure. That means you cannot link/delink to support your alt.

Well, it does. You just have to abandon your account to access it.

I was able to login to my existing account fine from there, however when I returned to my browser, the browser asked me to re-authenticate my login. The two platforms, app and browser, worked fine together as long as they were both on the same account. True to your word, the app did not have the logout button (although I saw it flash in the corner before the game could load), but

c) as soon as I logged out of my account on the browser to sign in to my alt, the app gave me the message: "You have been disconnected. Click to reconnect" I did so, and now the app is a blank white screen.

The app has still been stuck on a white screen as I wrote this post. I just tried this: log in to my main, via browser, close the app and restart. Now I'm on a "create new player" screen.

Originally posted by GM Thundercat GM Thundercat wrote:

You need to use the Windows 8.1 app rather than Windows 8

How do I find that? There is only one result in the store when I search 'illyriad'. This is the one I've been using. Is my computer out of date?

I hope this helps, in some way.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic