Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed14NOV14 - Further exploit permabans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ryklaw View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2014 at 20:29
+1
Thumbs Up
Finishing the Race!
II Tim 4:7,8
Consul Zynot View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2014 at 20:37
WOW nicely done DEVS
G0DsDestroyer View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2014 at 20:52
Originally posted by Jejune Jejune wrote:

Again, amazing work by the devs, and just an incredible thing to read. I still believe that the outside gaming community should know about this story and how the game developers caught the conspirators.

On a personal note, I found Brock's IGM about frauding the game really disgustipating: "they are equal to( 515 GBP) OR( 823 USD) hahahahahahaha" ... Brock converts 15 Prestige Scraps into 1,125 Prestige for his account. 

Yeah, hahahahahaha -- you're a thief. A real-life thief.

To be correct here... Brock wasn't the one who said that in his igm, that was a message sent to Brock from deghoul, at least that's what it looks like to me

from SC's post:
To: Brock Fairly [Roads]
Lagavulin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2014 at 20:56
An excellent set of posts from Stormcrow and Rikoo.  I very much appreciate them.  Thank you.
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2014 at 21:15
Originally posted by G0DsDestroyer G0DsDestroyer wrote:

Originally posted by Jejune Jejune wrote:

Again, amazing work by the devs, and just an incredible thing to read. I still believe that the outside gaming community should know about this story and how the game developers caught the conspirators.

On a personal note, I found Brock's IGM about frauding the game really disgustipating: "they are equal to( 515 GBP) OR( 823 USD) hahahahahahaha" ... Brock converts 15 Prestige Scraps into 1,125 Prestige for his account. 

Yeah, hahahahahaha -- you're a thief. A real-life thief.

To be correct here... Brock wasn't the one who said that in his igm, that was a message sent to Brock from deghoul, at least that's what it looks like to me

from SC's post:
To: Brock Fairly [Roads]

Right, G0ds. Actually, my post was a composite of deghoul's IGM and Brock's purchase. Still, I think "hahahahahahaha" characterizes both conspirators quite accurately.

Berde View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2014 at 21:25
What becomes of the various buy/sell orders currently in the markets?
Maccam View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2014 at 21:38
Originally posted by Nesse Nesse wrote:

...I did receive a message from cnenc, saying that he was sending me gold. I looked and found a large amount incoming. 100 or 200 million. A large amount, but not extreme. Later, I found I had 4 billion on each of my two accounts, Nesse and Odd. Since there is no trail of who sent caravans, I had no way of checking the source... 

A small point, you can see who sent what to where here:

http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Communication/Notifications/3

It goes back 2 weeks...time enough.  I am not saying you knew how to do it, I'm just saying it is possible.
Hiei View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2014 at 22:18
I NEVER would have thought this was going on. Nor, knew it was a possibility. Sad to see some nice players go.  I guess it was for the better. Thanks GMs
Starry View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2014 at 23:17
Well done Devs!!    As someone who purchases prestige, the thought of someone being able to cheat to get prestige with an exploit really angers me.    Thank you for shutting down the exploit and the related accounts.   I've quit games in the past when exploits such as this were not addressed by the Devs, glad to see you are actively watching for players using exploits.

CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

Alcie View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2014 at 23:55
To re-quote:

1) We firmly believe that Odd was a primary player in this exploit conspiracy, and that he dissembled and lied - even to his own alliance.

2) Odd received Billions of Gold from CDD.

3) Odd inviting delif to join the alliance. It's pretty clear that Odd and delif had prearranged delif's immediate alliance membership via out-of-game channels.

4) Odd has never, ever igm'd delif/deghoul (or vice versa).

5) Odd know who delif/cnenc is.

6) One of the [Roads] players who got in touch with details apparently got an earful about sharing information with the GMs and "naming names", especially cnenc. Odd didn't want us making the connection between delif/deghoul and cnenc - and therefore looping back to Odd.

__

my response: _____________________________________________________
1. I firmly believe Odd was not involved in the exploit conspiracy.

2. I may have received billions too.. not totally sure because I don't pay attention to all the comings and goings of caravans.. I definitely got a fair chunk though. cnenc/delif made it a point to give gold to people who had helped him on his current or past account.

3. I knew cnenc was delif before Odd did. I believe I recruited one of cnenc's characters first in fact.   and the fact that he was cnenc was fairly public, although not ultra public because the details of whatever happened to cnenc's previous account were not public, although the fact he had done that 11-town glitch was well-known.

4. Odd never emails many people except in alliance-alls. I certainly had plenty of contact with and about delif.

5. see point 3.

6. I feel like they are quoting this last one about me and in which case they massively mis-read what happened. Odd was not even involved at all. Someone in roads (not Odd) yelled at me for trusting the devs with names even if I was just defending people. I now see that person was correct and I should not have trusted the devs.   If this quote was unrelated to me, there is however also a general sense that naming other people's alts is impolite in this game and people often get reprimanded for it.

7. There isn't a 7, but if you are going on a banning spree, ban me too. I knew more than Odd. And yet I did not know there was an exploit. I suspect the same goes for most (though not all) of the people who were just banned.

8. The devs are acting as judge/jury/executioner and pretending that they know people better than they do and that circumstantial evidence = facts. From what I just saw them say about Odd, I can only assume they are fundamentally are horrible at investigating.

9. delif/cnenc cheated. he should be banned. Perhaps a few others did things they shouldn't have done. These should be warned and punished. perma-banning is not a good solution, especially as your net was so wide it clearly captured innocents.

10. Odd is a great guy but the devs clearly underestimate how clueless and distracted he can be

11. I am sure the devs think they are in the right here. DEVS-- you are great peopel (usually). But, as I said before, I firmly beieve you are terrible investigators, at least in the sense of interpreting and judging. You have done a huge wrong here while trying to do a big right. I hope you make ammends.

12. Just to be clear... Is it illegal to know someone is an alt of a person who (may have--but you never tell us normally) previously been suspended? You let that person back in the game making it seem like he was an allowed player...

13. feel free to ban me. I don't think I deserve it, but I do think I deserve it more than Odd merely for knowing more.

Edited by Alcie - 15 Nov 2014 at 01:03
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic