FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed05NOV14 - COPPA and age restrictions explained

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Ubiquitous Feral View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 22:15
OK, this is the best I can come up with...If the Illy Team does anything besides what they have posted here, they will be taking on a great deal of work. 1st, 2 new hires. To screen all accounts, monitor chat in 12 hour shifts, and keep the doughnut room stocked. 2nd, 1 new hire. An attorney. Or at least a really good paralegal. 3rd, these 3 new hires can be transfers from the Illy Team themselves, since the money and time will keep them away from doing all those things we are very happy about. I vote let the under 13's play in a different sandbox. Ubi has left the room.
Ubiquitous Feral
SimplyDivine View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 22:19
Quite clearly, I hit a nerve...resorting to characterizing people as self-proclaimed martyrs and desperate to beat anyone with a stick of manufactured outrage pretty much says all it needs to say. I stated what I thought to be a carefully worded assessment of the situation and the resultant escalation of emotions and have been met with exactly the type of language/sarcasm that would get most players a verbal warning from Rikoo in GC. 

Come to think of it, this is quite amusing...and I applaud the fact that so many others have had a chance to see this unfold. And with that, I conclude my participation in this discussion. I have no further desire to be insulted (directly or indirectly), and more importantly, the pizza delivery person is ringing my doorbell. Adios!
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 22:22
Sorry SimplyDivine - it wasn't actually aimed at you (unless you're saying "I am 12" in global chat?), and it was going for "tongue-in-cheek" rather than insulting.  

I do, however, unreservedly apologise if it didn't come across that way!  Not my intention at all.

Regards,

SC
Ellieh View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 22:24
On Rikoo's response, I am a bit confused.  

***Rikoo EDIT: Do not use information from interactions between devs and yourself. This is a commonly known rule. Stick to the topic at hand or be removed from the forums. Edited out the part where this player says what went on between a GM and herself, even though it was false (perfect reason to remove it.) ***

Thank you for your response, Stormcrow.  I understand point number 1.  For point number 2, I guess what I was suggesting was that because you have put a fix into place, and there would be no precedent set, because you have now put age verification measures into place, correct?

Lastly, I think that the statement someone made about arbitrary enforcement of rules come from the statements that I know that I have at least heard that different players receive different consequences, because we are all individual players and cannot all be disciplined the same way.  Some players only require warnings, while some require much stricter consequences.  There is no specific consequence for a specific action; it depends on who the player is according to Rikoo.  I am not giving an opinion over this practice, only suggesting that this may be one place that the statement stems from. 

Edited by GM Rikoo - 05 Nov 2014 at 22:37
Twist View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 22:31
only voicing my opinion, for what it's worth.... and asking a simple question.... GM Stormcrow has stated that context is always considered.... as this is a section of chat log that resulted in the ban, I think that's within forum rules?
14:23]<Moka [TFotR]> im trying to have it rdy Baesil but to much work so its gonna take some time
[14:23]<Baesil [mCrow]> dont leave the sex parts out
[14:23]<Moka [TFotR]> ill write all!!!
[14:24]<Smoking GNU [DiL]> spoken like a true 12 y.o.
[14:24]<Moka [TFotR]> haha
[14:24]<Moka [TFotR]> wth do you remember that im 12 hmm
[14:24]<Moka [TFotR]> damn
[14:24]<Smoking GNU [DiL]> i meant baesil
[14:25]<Moka [TFotR]> oh crap
[14:25]<Moka [TFotR]>
[14:26]<NoneTooBright [~NS~]> you wanna be 12?
[14:27]<System> ** News Flash: Mikia (Abandoned)'s burgeoning city of Cushland is now under siege by Noles' [WoM] sprawling city of FISHER
[14:29]*Moka [TFotR] is 12
[14:29]<NoneTooBright [~NS~]> hmmmm
[14:29]<GM Rikoo [DEVS]> Moka is 12?
[14:29]<Moka [TFotR]> oops
[14:29]<GM Rikoo [DEVS]> Alright then.
this chat log has not been edited, gives the context of the conversation... fair or unfair to post as it is?
now, everyone understands that Moka claimed to be 12, as a 1-off joke, an isolated joke, and considering the context of the conversation, this "joke" has been a running theme throughout GC for months and more... where was the opportunity to allow Moka to say she had only been joking? everyone knows Moka, certainly the devs do.... and you think she could possibly be 12??
I do not try and "poke" the issue... I want to see fairness and a reasonable resolution, unforunately it looks like there is a policy of zero tolerance...on 1 occasion, others may be allowed to joke as they like, have done on numerous occasions
to single out 1 person like this, unfairly.... and then correct some oversights after the event, without any chance of withdrawing a ban implemented before those oversights were corrected?
you're Game Developers, no one expects you to be legal experts, but just a little common sense and flexibility?
Jane DarkMagic View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 22:36
+1 Twist
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 22:39
I am closing this thread now, as a few of you cannot stick to the rule of avoiding the topic of a specific player. Posting CLIPPED sections of the GC log is not good for a discussion.

GM Rikoo

Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic