illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

14OCT14 - Prestige Scrolls

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 00:20
Anyone worried about what could happen with this, read this thread:
http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/tro-accepts-terms-of-surrender_topic3822.html
Bonfyr Verboo
StJude View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StJude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 05:41
Originally posted by abstractdream abstractdream wrote:

Anyone worried about what could happen with this, read this thread:
http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/tro-accepts-terms-of-surrender_topic3822.html

Hard to say what you are exactly saying here, but it sounds like you are also on the chicken little side of things?

Or are you pointing to the backlash and pressure applied by the community that ultimately resulted in the demands for a medal (prestige) being rescinded?

Regardless, I like the idea of being able to purchase a large block of prestige and then transferring some of that prestige to my wife's account, thereby taking advantage of the discount afforded by buying in bulk.

I am not too worried that Prestige will be used as a term in surrender. However if it is used, then I imagine a similar reaction mentioned in the thread above and likely the same result.

Edited by StJude - 16 Oct 2014 at 05:41
Ficho View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ficho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 10:15
Originally posted by GM Rikoo GM Rikoo wrote:

Be aware that items in transit, including prestige scrolls, are vulnerable to blockade, so be careful when shipping these valuable new items.

Zynga style?
Tyrande Whisperwinds View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Tyrande Whisperwinds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 12:28
Another update that involves money... why am i not suprised..?
Hmmm... 3 updates lately, 2 involved money: the cities "skins" and now this prestige scrolls thingy.

Apart from the fact that the amounts of prestige avaiable to give this scrolls are far from being usable on a daily basis (dont see ppl shipping 75 prestige to a newbie...), like ppl already mentioned, can't help to notice that too many updates are being released with economic interest in the background.

Cool, you finally enabled lakes for claiming SOV. THAT is the kind of update the game needs.

When are the factions coming live, per example? They've been parading around the map for what? 2 years now?

Edited by Tyrande Whisperwinds - 16 Oct 2014 at 12:28
Grego View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 13:02
Rulers want to push us into war through fear and greed! Let's overthrow them and take over  server!!

Long live King Sigurd! And Me, His Royal Absent Highness Representative
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 12:33
If there are clusters of people in real life playing the game together they will bulk buy prestige and then spread it out between themselves for real money.  
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 18:19
Originally posted by Tyrande Whisperwinds Tyrande Whisperwinds wrote:

Another update that involves money... why am i not suprised..?
Hmmm... 3 updates lately, 2 involved money: the cities "skins" and now this prestige scrolls thingy.
factions cannot be here soon enough for me. that said, the amount of money illyriad generates is not unrelated to the rate at which other changes happen. i'm happy to see additional revenue-generating changes to the game that are optional for players.
Llannedd View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Llannedd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 19:09
Originally posted by Angrim Angrim wrote:

i'm happy to see additional revenue-generating changes to the game that are optional for players.

I fully agree. For those who don't know where to find the numbers (http://www.puzzleslogic.com/illy/home.html), Illy has dropped from about 7000 active accounts in March 2013 to under 5000 now. That's a significant loss (I know not all 2000 accounts spent real money, but I'm sure some did). Any business losing that much potential revenue has to invest primarily in new revenue sources and (which may or may not be happening) in marketing and promotion to grow its customer base.
Jiminy Wilkestuff View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jiminy Wilkestuff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 19:42
I would most certainly put my fist through my computer if my prestige was thieved or captured.

Edited by Jiminy Wilkestuff - 17 Oct 2014 at 19:45
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 21:48
Advanced resources can't be thieved AFAIK

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic