FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

14OCT14 - Prestige Scrolls

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 20:19
Originally posted by Ammianus Ammianus wrote:

I think this is the worst idea in a game to allow the transfer of money.

Do the DEVs want to kill Illy ?

All the games I have been playing do not allow it and for a good reason in my opinion.

It paves the way to extortion between players.

The minimum requirement would be to absolutely forbid any threat involving prestige with the penalty of immediate removal from the game with no exception.

Most likely  future peace arrangements may include the transfer of prestige (money). Which is completely unacceptable.

I've been asked about this several times. Of course, the ultimate decision would come from the developers, but as of yet a player CAN tell you to give them Prestige scrolls... or else. It's a gameplay mechanic. Illyriad has always been a "hardcore" game, and this falls in line with that design.

Now that I made that point, I want to make clear that a player cannot do something like "Give me prestige scrolls or I'll hack your account" or "send me prestige scrolls or I will do something to you in real life." That crosses the boundaries no matter what the price.

This solution will probably help more than anything, as it will cut down on people "selling" prestige (as they already do) by allowing a sitter to buy the prestige or to allow someone access to an account by sharing passwords.

GM Rikoo

Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 20:15
Originally posted by Jiminy Wilkestuff Jiminy Wilkestuff wrote:

Wow, this game gets better and better. Thanks dev team! 

One question though. Do I have to worry about prestige scrolls being stolen from my cities by thieves?

No, only through blockades.

Do you WANT them to be thieved? :)

GM Rikoo

Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
Ammianus View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ammianus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 20:14
I think this is the worst idea in a game to allow the transfer of money.

Do the DEVs want to kill Illy ?

All the games I have been playing do not allow it and for a good reason in my opinion.

It paves the way to extortion between players.

The minimum requirement would be to absolutely forbid any threat involving prestige with the penalty of immediate removal from the game with no exception.

Most likely  future peace arrangements may include the transfer of prestige (money). Which is completely unacceptable.
Qui secundos optat eventus, dimicet arte, non causa.
[Vegetius]
Jiminy Wilkestuff View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jiminy Wilkestuff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 18:26
Wow, this game gets better and better. Thanks dev team! 

One question though. Do I have to worry about prestige scrolls being stolen from my cities by thieves?
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 12:45
Originally posted by Glin Glin wrote:

This is a great gift for newbs, or tourny players. I worry about this becoming mandatory for surrenders, though.

That is a potential downside. However, it does make an interesting contest prize, and is a different way of providing prestige than the alliance pool.
Aral View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 06:48
Originally posted by Merlinus Merlinus wrote:

Do I actually see a value for Trove?? YES!! Thumbs Up

It almost makes the Consone war worth it!
Aral Llc is not responsible for any grievous bodily harm sustained while reading this signature. No rights reserved.
Merlinus View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlinus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 06:46
Do I actually see a value for Trove?? YES!! Thumbs Up
In Peace we reign. In War we RULE!

Long live the Royal House of Merlinus!
Marquesta View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marquesta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 06:14
This is great! I love that you've shared so much. As Rill said, it lets us know what we otherwise are unaware of. 

So, is magic next? Big smile
~~Marquesta
Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing, end them...
Glin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 05:54
This is a great gift for newbs, or tourny players. I worry about this becoming mandatory for surrenders, though. 

Not all players have the money to buy pres
Count Rupert View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Count Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 05:18
It takes as long as it takes you to hit make after entering an amount.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic