illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

LIGHTNESS DESCENDED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Taron View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LIGHTNESS DESCENDED
    Posted: 21 Sep 2014 at 07:12
A brief History on The Æsir vs TLR war.

Some time long ago there was a great moment when everyone had falling in love with the forum. They would laugh and play and have a wonderful good time! People understood jokes, as well as other people in general. But A dark cloud came. Ruining everyone's day. Angry post! Hate had corrupted the hearts of so many, and there was lots of lies and betrayals! Everyone was looking over there shoulder! NO ONE COULD BE TRUSTED!!! There were fights and yelling! Everyone was being forced to choose sides! No one was safe from the drafts of angry oppressors! Post of crazy nonsense confusing the world!
And then it ended with a good old:
"Sorry there chaps, we weren't going to actu-"
-"SUBMIT!!!"
"... Okay... there buddy umm ya we wo-"
-"TELL Everyone That YOU SURRENDERED!!!!!!"
"......"
-"DO IT!!!!!"
"you done?"
-"YOU Mock me?!?!"
"Do you understand anything I am trying to say?"
-"SUBMIT!!!"

And fist were flying and insults covered the air in a foul way!

If Records are right there was an apology about how Awesome Æsir is and that we were sorry for cramping TLR style of giving outrageous demands.... As Æsir mentioned countless times about that being our reason... But as history has showen.... some how the victor's are not righting the stories... I mean if TLR was so victories in this battle over evil, dark minions of some puppet Master (Which Will remain secert!!!! FOREVER! MUAHAH)... TLR was  Showing such amazing glory, leadership, courage, honor, trustworthiness, as well as being overall Honest folk... ph...fe....HAHAHAHAH.....

Back to the story of this Æsir vs TLR...

Ahem.. Yes TLR vanquished some evil force having some crusade on them obliterating them to nothingness to never be seen... As between Æsir and TLR... Well TLR did agree with Æsir for a cease fire... I wouldn't necesarly say they won.. or lost... but I mean... Æsir is still here... But I haven't seen a TLR in quite some time.

I hope this brief history of this crusade/war/vs makes as much sense as a one sided story can make. I mean if this doesn't make sense, then obviously you are reading this wrong.

Just remember who the important part is... Me... Taron here. Loved by all and lo---likes all equally.
I am Responsible for what I say.
I Am not responsible for what you understand.
Consul Zynot View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Consul Zynot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2014 at 17:40
Thumbs Down
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2014 at 21:17
Thank you for keeping it concise.  I hate those histories that go on and on and bring in irrelevant bits.

Clap
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 18:11
heh. but the *other* thread is the one that was closed--because who can tell if those quotes are *real*?

/me rolls eyes.
Taron View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 19:59
If you think the random babel after "and then it ended with a good old: ..." is what you are referring too, I have a few answers for you to understand:

1. I am not saying who is saying these lines, supposed lines.
2. .....

Well I have A reason to why. But I will apologize for summing up conversations between players to blunt points. For if I remember correctly from playing for 4 years is that i might have possible been directly involved in this supposed whatever this was. But instead of being angry fellows who have to re-post, slander and insult (Which I must add was a quoted message that was not in 'that' thread for some reason but men I don't judge those who try to skewer History in there favor. I am a slave to the truth.)

Soooo after how ever many years ago this 'Descending of Darkness' happen to some poor honest, honorable, non judging or rude free folk... I was told multiple times to drop the subject from multiple others. So I have. But if insulting rumors merge again, I must reply in the most reasonable way. Humor! For I find a disbanded group that has to re-post the war with there one sided facts (By not mention how the awesome people of Æsir decided how they would face the consequences of our actions. Hope they saved that message because I don't hold an archive of messages in my message box.) well i find it hilarious.

Any who... I was thinking of setting some facts straight for being involved, unlike so many others who are not but yet for some extremely odd reason keep on deciding to talk about matters not of there own and going off of a disbanded groups opinion. I can set a pretty straight record.

Æsir attacked and declared war for reason Destroyer and I have told multiple times (falling on deaf ears apparently)

TLR gathered multiple supporters through messages and GC support by giving out "there facts"

Æsir was told of possible destruction by TLR and supporters.

Æsir and TLR declared ceasefire. Making peace. The term of 'no one really won' sense both goals of alliances was "DESTROY" argo no one accomplished the mission at hand therefore a tie if a sport

Æsir is here...

TLR... well I cant say what happened for them, I am not in there alliance
StJude View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StJude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 23:05
This is frustrating to read, I get the gist though (I think).

Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 03:26
Originally posted by StJude StJude wrote:

This is frustrating to read, I get the gist though (I think).
i can't make much of it, other than he feels that Aesir didn't look as good as it ought to have in abstractdream's rendition of the story.

as for being a "slave to the truth", there is one more side to every story than there are participants...and that last side is never told. these events are long past their expiry date. accept that player perspective taints each player's experience. in a historical forum, the appropriate antidote to a perspective with which one disagrees is to tell the tale again from a different one. it takes no special knowledge to mock and rail.
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 04:06
I am biased. We are all, are we not? I have no intention of telling the story from the other's perspective and couldn't even if I wanted to. I sincerely await a coherent counterpoint but based on this, I expect none will be forthcoming.

Seriously, though...did I not lay out in SPECIFIC terms the "reasons" given by the other side? Did I not link to the salient threads and state that there are more for the reading? I certainly did not present myself as a neutral party (third person narrative, not neutral) but I did make an effort to describe the views of those involved...all of those involved.

It is not my duty to post a rebuttal and it certainly is not my duty to make sense of a rambling, nearly incoherent diatribe. I wrote what I know, interpreted what I had to and I am willing to let the reader make their own call.
Bonfyr Verboo
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 05:45
I think it was reasonably comprehensible for anyone who was there.  As for the people who weren't, they probably don't care anyway.
Taron View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 06:28
abstractdream you are correct. Biased and judging are a natural habit for any living thing. So yes I could go on a biased rant but instead I will summarize a message I stated to EF At that time. Plus I will throw in a short description of an alliance message, to clear History if you may, as well as the fact I am going off of memory here from how ever long ago... with no copy of a message I sent for reasons stated above... I hate mail basically...

But a basic summary;
Before Me and my amazing alliance members(you will see why "I" see them as amazing (Key word is "I")) declared for a ceasefire (TLR considered 'surrendering' for some weird reason) I sent out an alliance message stating our situation. That TLR and supporters planed to Destroy us off the map. I told my Members that if they want out before this 'Destroying' happened, they could leave with out any grudge or gilt, a free pass to go on in the game doing what they like and survive (we would hope that TLR and supporters would understand and honor, honorable people leaving for not agreeing within the alliance on if we were right or wrong with our war... but then was pretty questionable...). I let the whole alliance have a day to decide. I told them that I would be staying to fight from tooth to nail tell siege of the map. A few others, Destroyer I know for a fact, was one was Going to as well stand by the decision to stay and fight even if it meant obliteration.

(This is were 'I' Believe my Alliance members are amazing, you can say I am bias if you like)

But if I believe correctly, all my members agreed to stay and fight even if it meant obliteration. As well as not try to withstand, but to take as many with us as we go. Nothing makes a leader more proud of the honor loyalty his members have.

Now this is were I can not be sure, but is possible, specially during war, but there has been rumors that reach out saying spies were in our alliance, and obviously (Hopefully) TLR had the same suspicion.

I am not touching that topic for the fact that it could possible not be fact.

But shortly later a couple of days I got a message after having this debate with my members of "Lets Talk" from EF himself, Sorry for giving away a title to a message if that breaks any rules. but obviously this is when we negotiated, with many insulting comments in my direction for no good reason during a ceasefire (not a surrender) negotiation.

You don't need to find out or try to find my opinion or side. I will state it, the people can decide what to believe.

An individual who decides to make multiple accounts after making mistakes in the past and trying to come back, being a 'new improved person' ready to see if society accepts him

Or someone who has stayed, not changed and is still here.... Possible liked by very few individuals..

I have not lost a city, sadly I have had honorable members in my company lose cities... But Those who have stayed have made me proud! Even those who are expanding our efforts to be a relaxed alliance that does what we like, within the bounds of doing onto others as they would do onto you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic