illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

LIGHTNESS DESCENDED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LIGHTNESS DESCENDED
    Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 23:23
Originally posted by Taron Taron wrote:

Everyone else can think what they want about Aesir (like how I have heard that we are thought of as a 'lose cannon').
if this were true, why would we have this thread at all?
Taron View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2014 at 16:15
Dang it remind me of another movie I haven't seen yet.
I have always spoke highly of (mostly myself) and my alliance cause, well, It makes those I speak of feel good about themselves, I have also said earlyer in the post that it is my personal opinion about my alliance and even went into a lengthy explanation why i feel that way. Everyone else can think what they want about Aesir (like how I have heard that we are thought of as a 'lose cannon'). I prefer to say that it is awesome cause. A.) we are B.) we enjoy feeling like we are and C.) why not feel great about oneself?

We don't enforce or badger others to join our (awesome! Lol I had to add that in now) alliance like I have seen many other alliances do. We just sit about and if someone wants to join they ask.
I am Responsible for what I say.
I Am not responsible for what you understand.
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2014 at 02:40
erm...yeah. ok. i'm taking away from this that Taron saw the Lego Movie too many times...because repeating awesome over and over is definitely not propaganda and definitely not pandering.
Taron View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 15:28
Well thank you for admitting to making one sided propaganda biased history.

It hlps pove mi pont. This wil probbaly be my lat post.
(You probably still understand this above ^^^ even without it possible being spelt right, So as long as I get my message across... I am not to worried about spelling)

I feel like I have accomplished what I wanted to. Off to the cacti farm. Enjoy your time writing fan fic (for what ever fans) I shall go do what Aesir has a good time doing... Being awesome.
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 10:58
biased - one sided - propaganda

What new way will you or your friends describe my story next? Regardless, I have stated that it is so. As I said, I addressed that before.

Thanks for making my other point for me, though.

EDIT: Spelling

Edited by abstractdream - 25 Sep 2014 at 11:56
Bonfyr Verboo
Taron View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 06:22
Yes I must be confused... I mean I do not know how propaganda.

'absent of any sort of real explanation and remand in the realm of trash talk'

associating a group as a cyber bully

'No one took his dread advice... Also'

The beginning of the main stream propaganda. Telling how some group did not take some terrifying advice, suggestive theme of this next upcoming explanations. Later at the end (Spoiler!) shows these honorable, honest folk are defeating the Evil, mean, cruel, tyrant... Me.

'recipients of this dagger of a message'

After sending a message offering those who we considered to be left in peace from the conflict, seems fair for a waring alliance to show mercy. Specially sense the attack was so sudden. I mean every war has both teams at a line and a ref yells "Start!" when wars happen... Element of Surprise never works in war, statistically proven (<--- this statistic is Not true)

'targeting a much smaller alliance in an unabashed power grab'

Because attacking a much smaller alliance will make us raise to such powers sense war never loses thousands upon thousands of resources. No matter which side you will lose something. But to say we are not ashamed for a power grab.... I must say that doesn't make Aesir look bad at all.

I could keep going down the list pointing out propaganda... But I have better things to do.
I don't mind History... But propaganda is something I am not for.
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 02:10
Wow...you seem confused at best. Taron, you clearly did not read my story. If you had, you'd know that I never said anything that even remotely correlates to "Aesir as people who surrendered in fear."

Stating that I have selective "hearing" is a flat out case of psychological projection.

As for the rest of your statement, I already addressed it.
Bonfyr Verboo
Taron View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 00:43
My problem is having some member from a alliance no longer in existence, which I might add that all of Illy seems quite fine with, Possible happier that this alliance of aggressive underdogs, is gone, feeling the need to describing Aesir as people who surrendered in fear. Which we did not as I explain early as an intelligent reader would have understood. It appears to me abstractdream that you have what I know as selective hearing, as well as I have also have mentioned how to make an unbias History, yet apparently it has still fallen on deaf ears...

Unbias History:

Find the individuals involved (For this matter Taron, GD, Avid from Aesir, and BV, EF (if he is still about), and other possible leading member.

Then you get them to tell there side of the story. Wow that seems pretty simple.

Next you look at the two informational letters and see were some areas don't match.

To fix this you simple state "Aesir believed... bla bla bla while TLR believed Bla bla bla" or the alternative to having 2 separate opinions (which can still be kept on record if you wish obviously sense it is history) is that the 2 opposer can agree to what happened.

I mean an intelligent person could figure that out.

Foot note (The 'intelligent person' is referring to your earlier discussion post cause I wanted to use it too. Seems fitting in some areas I think)
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2014 at 20:32
It seems like Taron's problem is with Eternal Fire. I presume that is who he refers to when he says "Æsir did not surrender." I did include in my story the subject line of a message referencing a white flag but that came from a member of Æsir. Otherwise I've not said anything of the sort. I actually called it a cease fire in the story.
Bonfyr Verboo
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2014 at 19:32
Originally posted by Taron Taron wrote:

Ceasefire terms not surrender. That is the main goal I am trying to accomplish here. Aesir did not surrender. There was agreement to a ceasefire

Got it. I'm cool with that. 

I understand your frustration over semantics. I get very frustrated by the widespread, hegemonic use of the term "Trove War," which is completely inaccurate and propagandistic. But that's for a whole 'nuther forum to open up old wounds on. Angry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic