Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedA player council, looking for more!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Hiei View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 05:37
I would like to be part of the Illyriad player Council. I like the description of Geographer, this is especially since I am constantly looking at Illyriad's Map and find myself to be an expert of the land. My eye is always watch the lands surrounding Elgea especially.

Hiei
Ficho View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 08:09
I'll say hi this initiative (although this is for you is not that important because I'm not  consumer of prestige points, i just supporting this game, giving about 1% of my social wellfare) and give support only when You, sir Rikoo answer the following questions: 

Do you know who are brake-rulers, and by your words there are at least a handful who break the rules?
(I didn't mean chat rules) 
(in my humble opinion, you know who they are very well) 

Will anything be taken against players who break the rules? 

If you will not do anything against players who systematically and continually break the rules, I kindly ask you to tell me why it will not do. Is the reason for the failure to take the players who break the rules are good consumers of prestige points, or something else?

Thanks for answers in advance!

Ficho

Edited by Ficho - 20 Aug 2014 at 09:04
M6 Redneck View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 09:50
Sup?

I am interested in this idea and would like to nominate myself for the council.
Not only will I nominate myself I shall suggest a novel post for myself. One of the utmost importance that has yet to be considered.

The post is that of naysayer.

Today, due to the culture of style over substance the role of a naysayer is much maligned.

Historically they did not complain for the sake of it! They were recognised as an important check and balance to the powers that be. Let me elaborate...

In the day of lore a king/warlord/etc would have a court. The court would seek the favour of the boss man. As such any edict the top dog devised in his cups would be hailed as a work of genius.
This was less than conductive to the stabilty of the said main man as bad ideas went unchallenged causing issues down the line.

Now you do not get be the grand high pooh-bah by having a lack of smarts. This problem was recognised and addressed.
A naysayer was employed.

Thus if King Big Nob woke up with the stunning revelation that taxing big toes was the solution to his debt his court would say "hell yeah" in the hope of becoming the tax collector.
In steps the naysayer with a reality check, "If you tax big toes people are gunna chop em off  - do you want an army that always falls over?"

Anyway, thats my pitch.

Also you may need to address the following...

THE THIN END OF THE WEDGE...DUH DUH DUH...

So the council is on a trial regarding lore, no impact on game play.
I have faith that lore would not be introduced giving X allaince +10 attack because they have a very weak arguement in favour of it.
However the posssibility remains, however small it may be, that council members may favour the agendas of their alliance or indeed those they hold personnal to themselves.
No matter how small this chance is it exists. Furthermore it will be used as a weapon against both the council members, their alliances and indeed the devs.

Are you read for this?  Because it will happen, (me a naysayer...?), the truth of the matter will not be an issue.

In summary the council will be accused of vested interests whether they exist or not.

I applaud they gist of involving the player base. But is that not what the suggestions forum is for? I think the risk of bias inherrent in apointing a council if imagined or real is greater than the benefits. Especially as other ways of engaging the player base are available.

Special sloppt kisses,

M6
Nokigon View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Historian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 10:17
I would be most interested in the role of historian or Geographer. 
HATHALDIR View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 12:17
I will happily nominate myself for class flunkie, you need me to make everyone else look good! Wink
There's worse blokes than me!!
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 14:31
Originally posted by Ficho Ficho wrote:

I'll say hi this initiative (although this is for you is not that important because I'm not  consumer of prestige points, i just supporting this game, giving about 1% of my social wellfare) and give support only when You, sir Rikoo answer the following questions: 

Do you know who are brake-rulers, and by your words there are at least a handful who break the rules?

If you will not do anything against players who systematically and continually break the rules, I kindly ask you to tell me why it will not do. Is the reason for the failure to take the players who break the rules are good consumers of prestige points, or something else?

Ficho

You can talk to me about this in another thread or in an IGM, as it is not really on topic with what we are talking about here. You can also send me an email at community@illyriad.co.uk !

GM Rikoo

Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
Ficho View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 15:50
Originally posted by GM Rikoo GM Rikoo wrote:

Originally posted by Ficho Ficho wrote:

Ficho

You can talk to me about this in another thread or in an IGM, as it is not really on topic with what we are talking about here. You can also send me an email at community@illyriad.co.uk !

GM Rikoo

I'm incredibly happy that you read this and took note. 

Send private messages after such a response would be an unnecessary waste of time. 
Accept the fact that you frequent updates to this game created a game that is free only for observation. Whoever wants to join the game just a bit more serious they will tell you that the banner "free to play", which so proudly points out a blatant lie. 

Now, as I see it, you form the chosen one, the company of those who do not break the rules. 

Great idea but: 
Solve the first problems that are created by those who break the rules, so grab a society of those who play sports, and fair. 

Thanks for the listing, with an apology: 

My vision impairment does not allow me jumping on topics of this forum, and this article says my son, I just dictate.
Hora View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 17:25
Ficho, I play Illy for over 4 years straight, never paid one cent to Illyriad (sorry, never had nor needed a credit card so far,...) and to my knowledge never broke any rules.
Nontheless I'm an officer in a big alliance, have decent military and can talk my mind in the forums.

In game I only ever witnessed one supposed multi account years ago, all other players I talked with were fair minded and more or less peacefull (apart from war topics in forums, of course Tongue).

So I don't get your problem... If you have evidence for some rule breaks, mail them to GM Rikoo, else please let this thread return to it's original topic... Hug
Ficho View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 18:02
Originally posted by Hora Hora wrote:

Ficho, I play Illy for over 4 years straight, never paid one cent to Illyriad (sorry, never had nor needed a credit card so far,...) and to my knowledge never broke any rules.
Nontheless I'm an officer in a big alliance, have decent military and can talk my mind in the forums.

In game I only ever witnessed one supposed multi account years ago, all other players I talked with were fair minded and more or less peacefull (apart from war topics in forums, of course Tongue).

So I don't get your problem... If you have evidence for some rule breaks, mail them to GM Rikoo, else please let this thread return to it's original topic... Hug

Everything I have written is in terms of the theme and title Post written by respected GM. He mentions infringers. Read his post title once again.
I'm playing this game since 2011, but unfortunately for me, because of serious illness, with interruptions.

(And my conscience is calm because I have my accounts left to a player who has not been tampered with in an unauthorized manner)

Since I do not have evil intentions, I'll stop this discussion.
Captain Kindly View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 18:05
I'm not interested in any of the 5 places that need to be filled in. I like the initiative, though.

However, if you guys need help in beta testing, I'd happily oblige. It's my line of work, and I'd love to add that to my CV, and I have plenty of time. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic