Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

18/AUG/2014 - New City Graphics Options!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 18/AUG/2014 - New City Graphics Options!
    Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 17:12
Illyriad players,

Today's update is an exciting one! Have you grown tired of the same old city, one that looks identical to many of your neighbors, friends and alliance-mates? Don't worry, because now you can change the look of your city as much as you want. Choose from one of 34 designs! Each design costs only 50 Prestige, and you can change one or all of your cities as much as you want. You can change the look of your city on the "City Type" page of your town, or via the Castle page.

We're offering styles that range from "Orcish" and deadly looking to "Elvish" and forested to mystical and mysterious. You might want to pick out a style that matches your local landscape. If you move locations later, you can choose a style that fits in there as well. Each city set comes with a different graphic for each level of development and you can test out the different versions without a commitment. The city graphics update as you level the city.

We would like to include more designs in the future, including "special" designs and possibly holiday themes or even player-designed looks!

We're also updating the city dropdown menu to include much more information like location, attack status, low resource warnings and more. (Details below.) The new menus work across devices like an Android or iPad.

A few notes and other updates:

• You must have an active prestige account to use these new options, though the city changes will remain whether your account is active or not.

• As of now, a captured city defaults to the look of the race of the owner . The new owner will have to pay 50 Prestige to change the look to something they prefer, or they can keep the current look.

• If you change the look of one of your cities, you will have to pay the 50 Prestige to change it back.

• The new city dropdown menu will include city stage, tax level, and the current items in the build and research queues. Active Prestige users will see additional alerts on each city if they are under attack by hostile diplomats or armies, have incoming trades from another player and if they will run out of gold or resources within in the next 48 hrs.

• All players can see your new design on the map and on your town's page. The new look also appears in your forum and in-game mail signature.

• The castle page now shows your city style and level.

• Forum and IGM signatures can take up to two hours to update due to browser caching.

• Diplomatic alerts on the new city drop-down use the same visibility rules as currently in force.

• The custom city looks remains after an Exodus

We'd especially like to thank GM Cerberus for his hard work in this project. His artwork just keeps getting better! If you have any questions, send an IGM to GM Rikoo or ask in this thread. Enjoy the new release and let us know if you find any issues.

GM Rikoo

Edited by GM Rikoo - 04 Jan 2015 at 19:46
Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
Consul Zynot View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Consul Zynot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 17:16
AWESOME Thumbs Up
Demonic Spoon View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Demonic Spoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 17:29
Firstly, the new city tiles are very pretty! However,

Originally posted by GM Rikoo GM Rikoo wrote:

• If you change the look of one of your cities, you will have to pay the 50 Prestige to change it back.

If I'm understanding this correctly I'm strongly disliking this particular part of the setup. I'd prefer if purchasing a skin simply entered it into the available pool of skins you can the use for that city, rather than having it change the city with changing again to another skin you've used previously costing another 50 prestige.

It seems a rather bad way to handle it. But my opinion I guess.

EDIT: In addition I'm REALLY not liking that the different races can purchase each other's base styles. It'll destroy quite a bit of the atmosphere illyriad has in addition to causing unnecessary confusion.

"Ah a orc player, no wait he's actually a elf. Damn you city style changes!"

EDIT2: What I'd actually have liked much more than this is the ability to change the appearance of city view, or even better yet having the new city skins effect the appearance of city view.

Edited by Demonic Spoon - 19 Aug 2014 at 15:10
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 18:05
Originally posted by Demonic Spoon Demonic Spoon wrote:

EDIT: In addition I'm REALLY not liking that the different races can purchase each other's base styles. It'll destroy quite a bit of the atmosphere illyriad has in addition to causing unnecessary confusion.
does an elven city captured by an orc change its look to the orcish default? i hope not.
Demonic Spoon View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Demonic Spoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 18:15
Originally posted by Angrim Angrim wrote:

does an elven city captured by an orc change its look to the orcish default? i hope not.

This is the only time I'd like it if a city owned by a race had the skin of another race, namely those of the original race of the city. However...

As of now, a captured city defaults to the look of the race of the owner . The new owner will have to pay 50 Prestige to change the look to something they prefer, or they can keep the current look.
GM Rikoo

Disapprove

Edited by Demonic Spoon - 18 Aug 2014 at 18:16
Arctic55 View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arctic55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 18:20

Firstly, the new city tiles are very pretty! However,

If you change the look of one of your cities, you will have to pay the 50 Prestige to change it back.

If I'm understanding this correctly I'm strongly disliking this particular part of the setup. I'd prefer if purchasing a skin simply entered it into the available pool of skins you can the use for that city, rather than having it change the city with changing again to another skin you've used previously costing another 50 prestige.

It seems a rather bad way to handle it. But my opinion I guess.

"Ah a orc player, no wait he's actually a elf. Damn you city style changes!"

I couldn't agree more.

Edited by Arctic55 - 18 Aug 2014 at 18:21
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 18:21
pity. i was looking forward to the future forum posts.

Player A:  "why did you attack me?"
Player B:  "your city had the Blue Ice skin i wanted."
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 18:30
ftr, i'll be disappointed if the orcs don't ask for a city graphic built from the bones of their enemies. also...steamwork castle?
Arctic55 View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arctic55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 18:36
I want to clearify for those not understanding. It's 50 prestige per design per town. So, if you wanted to change all 10 towns to a design, that's 500 prestige. Every time you change em all. That's what it is now.

I would like it to be changed to 50 prestige per design per account. That means, you pay 50 prestige once, and can use that design on all cities. I mean, if I couldn't do that in real life, I'd fire the designer. But that's my honest opinion.
khrystle-raine View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khrystle-raine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 18:37
Is there a way we can lose or re-convert the new city drop down list back to having none of the information included except the city name, the way it was before without paying prestige or having to stop our 'active' prestige?

I, personally, find the new drop-down menu cumbersome; awkward and redundant. Confused

But if you are fixing things, maybe we could get the mail sorting system fixed so that 'system' mails actually go to the 'systems' folder... (would be nice if we could switch IGM's ourselves or if there was a 'keep' tab, so we could delete the thousands of system mails that tell us we've sent something; something has arrived and/or something is finished... why do we receive 5 IGM's for every action anyway?... be nice if the notifications were set up by CITY and not by player, too... Smile 

ty for hearing my whine... its a good vintage...

Comience como usted desean continuar;
Begin as you intend to continue..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic