FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

17JUL14 - Bug fixes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 02:01
Originally posted by Albatross Albatross wrote:

Originally posted by GM Rikoo GM Rikoo wrote:

...we'll convert these coastal Farms to fisheries at some point in the future...
(putting on my pedant hat)

That would need the Fishery research (starting with Handfishing) to be done. It might be tricky to convert farms for players who have not done this research.

It's a very good point.  

Maybe I'll just leave them as one-off anomalies to (surely!) become valuable real estate in the future.

Best,

SC

Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 08:04
I would suggest that you put a limitation that would ensure that people not be able to upgrade the farmyards on those squares, but rather be required to convert them to fisheries at the point they want to build a higher-level building.
Aurordan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Player Council - Ambassador

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 08:11
The Free Orcs of Grisji-hhuragk have apparently plagiarized their hub description from Torkurz, even to the point of referring to their city as "Torkurz".   
ShadowDK View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadowDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 10:39
Just wanna say: Keep up the good work.. Lots of work to do yet ;)
Albatross View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albatross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 13:08
Just noticed a slight change to the way 'send quantity' boxes work in Town Trade Orders.

When you click a resource in the left panel, a new row appears as usual on the right, but beware: the cursor in inserted before the '0', and any typing or pasting you do will have a '0' at the end.

Be especially careful if you pass resources between your cities. If, for example, you type your first number (say 52500), then 'select all' Ctrl+A, then copy Ctrl+C, then paste Ctrl+V into each new resource. It won't work any more.

I'm using Chrome, Windows.
GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM ThunderCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 19:59

Just noticed a slight change to the way 'send quantity' boxes work in Town Trade Orders.

When you click a resource in the left panel, a new row appears as usual on the right, but beware: the cursor in inserted before the '0', and any typing or pasting you do will have a '0' at the end.

Be especially careful if you pass resources between your cities. If, for example, you type your first number (say 52500), then 'select all' Ctrl+A, then copy Ctrl+C, then paste Ctrl+V into each new resource. It won't work any more.

This was a change in the latest update of Chrome where its is no longer selecting the contents of the textbox on focus.

We removed the default 0
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 22:12
I'm glad you removed the zero. It wasn't a problem but I just never liked it. Thanks.
Bonfyr Verboo
Nesse View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 22:32

• An automated process now runs overnight that restores superuser permissions to the top role in an alliance when no other roles in that alliance have superuser permission.

Is that the top role that actually has a player in it? When Odd accidentally left Roads long ago there was no player in the top two roles and thus nobody could change anything even though the second highest role was automatically (i think) changed to superuser as well. It was fixed fast enough on a support ticket, but automatic is nice. :)

Great stuff - especially the hub descriptions and adding a faction link there!
Nesse(Dwarven Druids) and Odd (Fairy Road Authority)
GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM ThunderCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 22:41
Originally posted by Nesse Nesse wrote:

• An automated process now runs overnight that restores superuser permissions to the top role in an alliance when no other roles in that alliance have superuser permission.

Is that the top role that actually has a player in it? When Odd accidentally left Roads long ago there was no player in the top two roles and thus nobody could change anything even though the second highest role was automatically (i think) changed to superuser as well. It was fixed fast enough on a support ticket, but automatic is nice. :)

Great stuff - especially the hub descriptions and adding a faction link there!
Highest role that has player or players in it
ubluntu View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubluntu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 07:16
Originally posted by GM ThunderCat GM ThunderCat wrote:

This was a change in the latest update of Chrome where its is no longer selecting the contents of the textbox on focus.

We removed the default 0

Thank you. That is much better.

Please do the same for #/Trade/HubOrders
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic