illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

History of Crow Alliance Founding

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2014 at 17:16
Very cool.
Albatross View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albatross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2014 at 17:17
Originally posted by lethargic0N3 lethargic0N3 wrote:

Without trying to be too picky... I don't think there has really been any migration to or from other Crow alliances that would have involved Calcr in the forming of other wings.  They should really be on their own branch as far as I know from Calc to Calcr
I think you might be right there; the Tinuviel link doesn't check out in his player history, unless alternate accounts were involved. There was some confed alliance help in their becoming Calcr ("...Crow"), so I've included a small migration into Calcr.

(update to image coming soon)
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2014 at 20:14
This is a really small thing, but the line from mCrow to nCrow should probably read "Harry, Cookieman, Rill" since it was Harry's idea -- his name should be first, and Cookieman was very much senior at the time.  I was still a raw newb along for the ride!   I think I had just gotten my 4th city at the time.

Edited: And by the way, thank you Alba, this is a really cool graphic.  It's cool to see how all the Crows are related.

Edited by Rill - 03 Jul 2014 at 23:00
Steven Quincy Urpel View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steven Quincy Urpel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2014 at 21:08
Neat-o. Cheers to Alba.
Grego View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2014 at 22:04
Great work Alba :)
For the record, Sloter is co- founder of The Crows.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2014 at 22:59
That's awesome Grego, I didn't know that, so Crows are related to VIC as well as Absa.  Send some Absa people down to High Hills in Broken Lands, will be like a family reunion down there.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2014 at 23:12
Originally posted by lethargic0N3 lethargic0N3 wrote:

Without trying to be too picky... I don't think there has really been any migration to or from other Crow alliances that would have involved Calcr in the forming of other wings.  They should really be on their own branch as far as I know from Calc to Calcr

Both HUGcr and nCrow have benefited from the wisdom of alts and players from our wingbrothers in Cala as part of development of those alliances.

Perhaps HUGcr should not have a direct line from mCrow but start out independently -- although heavily influenced by mCrow, HUGcr like Calaquendi and Kaendran Crows started as an independent alliance with Crow affiliations and only became Crow later in its history.  That may seem trivial to outsiders, but the decision for HUGS to become Crow was significant for HUGS, as Crows -- mCrow, Crow and Cala - provided support and guidance and were at least partially responsible for the continued survival of the alliance through supplying experienced players when Fluffy had to step back from his leadership role due to school involvement.

Folks from HUGcr can correct any aspect of this that they feel is incorrect.  Ryelle was deeply involved in that aspect of HUGS' history, but I don't want to speak for them.
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2014 at 00:22
That is a historically significant and elegant looking piece. Well done!
Bonfyr Verboo
Sheza View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2014 at 01:25
The Art is just awesome .  good job . 
If Horses don't go to Heaven when they die. then I want to go where they go.
Merlinus View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlinus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2014 at 13:38
definitely Wiki-Worthy, this. Congrats on a job very well done!
In Peace we reign. In War we RULE!

Long live the Royal House of Merlinus!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic