illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Peace Terms

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KillerPoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 00:36
Originally posted by Aurordan Aurordan wrote:

I think what you're missing here is that this doesn't, to anyone remotely in the loop to current Elgea politcs, look like any sort of honest attempt at a settlement, it looks like kind of an insult. It's inportant to remember that the forums are not, in any way, "the table". Actual settlements get hammered out behind the scenes, posting this sort of thing here gets nowhere. And KP, I would bet, knows that.

You are forgetting that it had been over a week without reply from Ditto and that Hath decided to bring this whole issue to the public forums.

It's very interesting to me that I only got a reply from Ditto after I started this thread and that this reply was completely out of the loop regarding the last weeks worth of forum posting by his own allies.

I have also offered to discuss it elsewhere - still waiting for a response to that too.
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
Rhino70 View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Rhino70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 00:47
I do apologize, but this is just getting silly. I was involved with the war and I for one am getting sick and tired of the bickering back and forth. I have to admit that I was quite shocked to see H? even offer terms. All any of us saw was that they were going to go down fighting at any and all costs. It looks like they have "seen the light" and come up with terms that seem genuine (maybe not perfect but genuine at the very least) to me and I haven't really agreed with much of what H? have said so far in this war at all, but it seems honest and its the first action on their behalf to end this war. This topic was off to a good start until Gragnog had to spout off and call the "Grand Alliance" (sorry, never really liked that name Wink) vultures. That is exactly the type of things that can derail a good thread. I would like this war to be over as many of us do but it will never happen when both sides can't even go 2 posts without personal attacks. You are all acting like children and need to put on your darn (using nice words so I don't get banned Tongue) big boy/girl pants on and set your pride aside and hash this out like the adults that I know you all can be. This will be my first and last comment on the matter. Good day. 
dittobite View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dittobite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 00:53
KP, please get your stories straight.  First you claim I'm not the real ditto.  You go on about that until nobody is really paying attention to that and then you change your story to Ditto is completely out of the loop.  Please stay consistent.

The only reason Hath posted in the forums was because of H? rejection of terms 2 times which we offered them, not that H? ever asked for terms.   If H? is now actually interested in terms for surrender, feel free to IGM Hath or me and we will give the terms for H? surrender.  I have told you this multiple times now and have yet to receive any IGM regarding those terms.   

In regards to being concerned for your allies, I recommend defending their cities next time you insist they stay in a war with you rather than letting their cities get razed left and right while building up to defend your own.  We already placed in our initial terms that H? help the Dominion (your former allies) rebuild.  Those terms were rejected.  I think your allies might appreciate their cities being defended rather than a odd terms of surrender post made by the surrendering side of the war placed on the forum.    
Hora View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Hora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 00:57
Boah, hey people, what's going on in your heads?!  Confused

Really, I honestly applaud KPs move. And hey, some points may be up to DISCUSSION!

I think Hath posted his offers in here for members of H? to see the actual offers... maybe unusual, and a way H? blocked down in the past, but hey, not the worst way to create some transparency.

Now KP really posted IDEAS in the forum, and not even bad ones, why the hell is everyone shouting at him now ?!

If you don't agree, say "Maybe not this point...", after all you're still at the upper hand...  but this in here is definitly a bit harsh...

No one can really refund a war! And noone can calculate losses. I don't know how big each deal with the other surrending alliances was... but KP was (IMO) kindly asking to rethink the totals and maybe give some back... again it is up to DEBATE.

First victim in a war is the respect to each other. I guess I got back some respect to H? when debating sieged towns after Consone war, lost it for some time when reading their own propaganda (contraproductive actually...), now got some back when reading KPs counter offers.

Let's show some respect, discuss the terms in secrecy, if you want, but I think we got two outlining positions at last!
Hora View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 01:00
And I don't claim KP was one of the smarter diplomates in the past discussions... Wink
Vanerin View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanerin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 01:54
It appears to me that those interested in resolving this conflict would negotiate when their opponent comes with terms instead of dismissing them flat out (which was not very tactfully done, btw).

~Vanerin
Baesil View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baesil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 01:56
Perhaps the litigants should agree on an arbitrator who can work without flapping his or her jaws.
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 01:58
Even if this thread serves no other purpose it will highlight the hypocrisy of one side stating they wish to see their enemy at the table and when that enemy is in the room, thinking about which chair to sit in AT THE TABLE, the proverbial "one" throws up their hands and, jabbing as they go proceed to exit the room.
Bonfyr Verboo
Aurordan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Player Council - Ambassador

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 02:21
For the third time, I'm not even involved here, and it's clear to me this was never a serious proposal, even as a negotiating ploy.  It's pretty apparent most people actually involved feel the same way.  
dave83 View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote dave83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 02:42
I applaud KP for this public declaration. i would be even more impressed, if those same sentiments of peace were echoed in this thread by the remaining directors of Harmless.  

Such an act would show the entire server that this offer of peace is genuine and sincere. a humble act made by great players that would be observed by all.  

if that were to happen, personally, i think the grand alliance should accept peace without any terms whatsoever. imo, GA has had way more than its pound of flesh out of this war already. asking for terms at this juncture, is excessive to say the least in light of the sheer devastation caused to H? and its allies throughout this war.  

terms are trifles at this point guys.  and there is such a thing as being gracious in victory.   Handshake
Dave83/Deimo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic