FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

14Jun14 - Tenaril's Capitals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GM ThunderCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 14Jun14 - Tenaril's Capitals
    Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 13:03
Tenaril's Spell of Ultimate Teleportation

The Circle of Five have made a major break through after dispatching research party to Stormstone Island - Teneril's Relocation spell may be used on non capital cities.

Edited by GM ThunderCat - 14 Jun 2014 at 13:53
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 13:26
I think the date should be 14 June 2014?  And is it still 1 Tenaril spell per account?  Or 1 Tenaril spell per city?

Edited by Rill - 14 Jun 2014 at 13:29
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 13:27
"You have already cast Tenaril's Relocation Spell for this player, and cannot move it again."

*sadface*

PublicRelations
HumanResources
Sheza View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 13:38
I got the same message .   sadder face and tears.........  =( .  
If Horses don't go to Heaven when they die. then I want to go where they go.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 13:45
If it's still just one Tenaril per account, it seems like this will make life a lot easier for terraformers.  No need to siege down the first city, just settle the second, Tenaril it, abandon the account, wash, rinse and repeat.

I'm not sure I'm a fan of that.  I'm ambivalent about specialized terraformers in the first place.  (Although I have used them as a tool, I originally looked at it as an exploit until the developers specifically said it wasn't.)

It's hard for me to imagine huge practical implications for non-terraformers, since if your capital is on a 5-food square and you want all your cities on 7-food squares, you're still going to have to build toward Exodus eventually.

As a new player you could leave your capital in the newb ring of death and Tenaril a 7-food settled city to Broken Lands.  But there are already plenty of places for 7-food cities in Broken Lands as it is.  You might as well just Tenaril your capital down there and settle a 7-food city, then if you want to later Exodus the capital to a 7-food square.

I guess the main advantage is the ability to easily place a 7-food city on non 7-food terrain, whether a terraformer or not.  It could open the way for more interesting city defenses.  I can imagine a lot more dwarves and orcs in forests with at least one city, so it could improve gameplay in that respect, more variety in fighting terrains.
Sheza View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 13:56
Is it going to take a while before we can use the spell. ??    
If Horses don't go to Heaven when they die. then I want to go where they go.
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 14:46
Yes.

Terraforming made easy!

PublicRelations
HumanResources
Demonic Spoon View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Demonic Spoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 18:04
Awesome. Minor thing, you still need to fix the Tenaril Spell's description.
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Astronomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 18:49
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

If it's still just one Tenaril per account, it seems like this will make life a lot easier for terraformers.  No need to siege down the first city, just settle the second, Tenaril it, abandon the account

That is great and it means T? can do terraforming alot quicker.
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 20:04
I think this will really encourage account churn for terraforming, as the process will now be simpler. Just get to 450 population, dispatch a settler, teleport, siege, abandon the account, repeat. Of course, even now you can siege and destroy the first city.

I'd recommend that the devs consider making Tenaril like an instant exodus, with the city taking on the underlying resource distribution of the target square (rather than the current method of bringing plots with them).

On the up side, I think this will make it easier for new players to transition out of the ring quickly to a home alliance, without the strain of needing to exodus the capital first.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic