illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tourney prizes award dates

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tourney prizes award dates
    Posted: 30 May 2014 at 18:20
I believe KP is right.

And thanks for the awards! Those dragons are pretty fiesty (not that I got one, cry)

PublicRelations
HumanResources
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillerPoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2014 at 17:59
FYI - I don't believe the statue for Tourney VII was ever put on the map...
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
ShadowDK View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadowDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2014 at 17:23
Thanks GM Stormcrow
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2014 at 17:20
Tournament prizes for players have now all been awarded.

Could the alliance leaders of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed alliance please get in touch with GM Rikoo about placement of their permanent Alliance Tournament statues?

As per previous tournaments, the tournament statue must be located within 10 squares of the Alliance capital city, and must be placed on standard, empty terrain (ie not on top of a city, or an NPC square).

Many thanks,

SC
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 23:44
If you didn't already do this automatically, I'd suggest that for future tournaments like this you set a program to capture the membership list of each alliance at the tourney endpoint.  It would seem much easier to then determine which alliances were winners and then sort through which of the members of those alliances were eligible for prizes (based on participation on a square).  

Perhaps not the most elegant way of doing it, but would save a lot of trying to figure out who was in which alliance at the most relevant point in time, i.e., the ending time of the tournament.
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 21:23
Every alliance and player has a membership history. Every tournament square has a battle history, including alliance of the attacker that's separate from the attacker (defender seems a little more complex). It seems that it's mostly a function of matching up the existing information.
GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM ThunderCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 20:31
Its more determining the correct individuals takes time because people switch alliance so we need to reconstruct the correct player lists.
ShadowDK View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadowDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 19:44
Hmm.. The confusion i complete i think 

Erhh so you are waiting for us to change back.. altho the message was clear that you had to stay in allinace to get the price??.. or am i tottally wrong here??
Arctic55 View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arctic55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 19:35
I really don't care how long it takes to get the prizes out, as long as it is done right.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 19:06
My understanding is that in the past it has been determined by 1) where one did combat on behalf of which alliance and 2)  the alliance one was in on the last day of the tourney. Switching alliances afterward would not have an effect; unless you have a systematic way of determining what people were in what alliance as of the end date of the tourney, you will likely get mails both before and after you pass out awards.  (Probably you will even if you have a very accurate way of determining that, since we are dealing with fallible humans who may not remember or calculate correctly.)

It has usually taken a while to distribute tournament prizes in the past; I for one am not overly concerned about it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic