FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

25MAY14 - Broken Lands update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Aurordan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Player Council - Ambassador

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 09:24
Another question:  How is this affecting the rollout of factions?  Will we still be seeing them go live when BL comes out?
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 10:02
Question:

Future tournaments... Will they be held on Elgea alone, or will the regions of The Broken Lands be used as tournament regions as well?

In terms of this question, it is important for players to know whether to keep cities on Elgea for tournament purposes or will we be able to move to TBL, knowing there will be tournament play there?

PublicRelations
HumanResources
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 10:08
Originally posted by Spheniscidae Spheniscidae wrote:

Or alternatively, maybe 1 free tenaril per 5 cities (so players with 10 cities get 2), with the stipulation that these may only be used to transfer cities from elgea to BL.

+1
I think this is a good idea.
We should be allowed at least 1 Tenaril spell for accounts who have used theirs already. How this can be added to the various accounts, I do not know. It might be hard and have to be done manually and therefore be extremely time-consuming for the devs. 
Also the 15 cities per account sounds like a good implementation as well. or maybe just 12-13 so players can create a 2-3 town hub.

PublicRelations
HumanResources
Dragonwort View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dragonwort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 11:18
How is this idea? The established players have had and still have rule of Elgea for 3-5 years or so.
Quit whining and give the newbies a chance to see if they can create something better in Broken Lands.

Giving the established player another Tenaril will enable them to move a fully developed city with full troop and diplo strength to open world where once again they will have a HUGE advantage over newer players.....You want another Tenaril? Abandon your accounts and move to Broken Lands...OF course, that will mean you will start on equal footing with the newbies, no advantage but your experience. this is the fairest way anyway....BUT it will take some intestinal fortitude.So if you have any left..."Come on Down"...AND you'll be helping the Dev's; they won't need to worry about the perma-sat accounts.

I am a three month newbie established in elgea and I STILL advocate this solution (NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING) for the established whiners....lol....Smile Dragonwort

Edited by Dragonwort - 25 May 2014 at 11:49
Just another wrench in the works..
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 11:25
Do we have to swim across? Dwarves don't swim too well.
Seriously, I think....
1 Tenarils for established players would populate the new map more quickly and substantially thin out Elgea.
2 Permasat accounts likewise.
3 Raise the city limit to 15.
4 There are far too many hubs - thin them out.
5 Caravan limits need to be increased or some way of hiring them hub to hub.
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 13:08
will the publicised Broken Lands quest line still be available at release?
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 13:34
Originally posted by Spheniscidae Spheniscidae wrote:

So...after all the hype, nothing for established players with 10 cities then - unless you want to exodus your cities to BL.

Way to go, devs, way to go.

Many veteran players have - and many do - run 60 cities across 2 accounts and 4 permasat accounts.  The total number of accounts and the number of cities is really not the issue here.

Originally posted by Aurordan Aurordan wrote:

Another question:  How is this affecting the rollout of factions?  Will we still be seeing them go live when BL comes out?

No, but they are a priority (behind lochs/lakes/tarns sov, counter-claiming sov, and fixing the sitting system, plus assorted outstanding bugfixes).

Originally posted by DeliciousJosh DeliciousJosh wrote:

Future tournaments... Will they be held on Elgea alone, or will the regions of The Broken Lands be used as tournament regions as well?

Due to the distances involved, tournaments will probably have to occur on both continents, independently.

Originally posted by Angrim Angrim wrote:

will the publicised Broken Lands quest line still be available at release?

No, it won't; but is an integral part of the faction release and the new BL mysteries.

Regarding a second Tenaril's, that's not going to happen - for a wide variety of reasons.

Regards,

SC

Edited by GM Stormcrow - 25 May 2014 at 13:46
Morgweneth View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morgweneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 13:49
Cheers something new and a lot for established, and new players to think about, be very interesting to see what happens.
I know your thinking of having Cities wiped if they land on an occupied sq, but I think this may be a bit harsh and add to the logistics when traveling across the sea, also many Cities have troops which should at least be able to fight the critters or whoever else is there to secure the site for the lumbering dismantled city behind them.

Anyway all good stuff, please consider my suggestion and have a great Bank Holiday.

Nesse View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 14:25
I like!
I think it is good to not add 10 cities - I have enough to do with the 19 I currently handle.
I also agree with not having a pvp-free zone.
What I am really looking forward to that is postponed further is the factions. However, I think it is much better to release some of the new stuff (even if just more land) rather then to wait further.
Good Speed!
/Odd and Nesse
Nesse(Dwarven Druids) and Odd (Fairy Road Authority)
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 14:35
YAY!
Bonfyr Verboo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic