illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

25MAY14 - Broken Lands update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
Spheniscidae View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spheniscidae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 23:27
Except that BL in its current form is in no way a clean slate - you can still send resources, armies and diplo freely there from Elgea.

Of course, depending on where you are situated in Elgea - this might be easier or more difficult...
Hora View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 23:59
I'd say all or nothing...

if BL are a expansion to the map it should be exactly that, without any extra rules (appart from extra mysteries and tourneys due to the distance...)

As far as many veteran players are concerned, the alteration in plans already is a huge gift to the new players, with veteran players having to sacrifice at least half a town to send anything to BL.

Making it settler only would increase this sacrifice even more, making it a whole town to kill off, when you've no free city slot...

Edited by Hora - 26 May 2014 at 00:00
Ander View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2014 at 05:10
Wow this is great! Way better than what was planned before. While I would have still played BL, an additional 18 cities would have become a nightmare.

Agree with Hora. No extra rules. Its great the way it is. 

Alliances beaten in war will get a chance to rebuild too, using resources from elgea, and far far away from their enemies.
Merlinus View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlinus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2014 at 07:48
GMs:

I hope you will give consideration to what the players have input on this idea prior to releasing BL, but I would also hope for a concrete release date (no surprises?) that we can all use. Good work, and thanks for it.
In Peace we reign. In War we RULE!

Long live the Royal House of Merlinus!
Neytiri View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neytiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2014 at 16:48
Thanks so much, SC and rest of Illy team!
You rock!

"It is well that their bodies know the heat and the cold; it will make them strong warriors and mothers." - Absaroke elder (from Edward S. Curtis's book 'The North American Indian')
geofrey View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geofrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2014 at 18:39
Glad to hear the devs have been up to something. I am very excited for more change in Elgea. 

Broken Lands seems to heavily feature oceans, rivers, and other water ways. With it being reachable from southern Elgea sea, it seems like a boat system would be a great addition and provide a lot of functionality. Particularly shipping boats for faster travel across oceans, troop transport across oceans, and military ship actions. I hope this is on your scrum board. 

I am guessing there will be mass exodus on day 1 of broken lands.  Will there be any exodus changes before BL is active? As I understand the following rules are in place: 

- If your city arrives and a non allied army occupies the square, your city is destroyed. 

- If your city arrives, and another city has already setup camp, your city is destroyed. 

Essentially a first come first serve set of rules. I wouldn't be surprised if people exodus to southern illy first before BL, then exodus again just to try and get infront of the competition. This heavily favours any alliance who have the large plumps of land carved out in southern Elgea. 

What is to stop a Southern player from sending 5 armies from every city to occupy different squares in Broken Lands to destroy other exodus cities from arriving? Knowing that people will only be moving to 7 food squares really limits the target locations down. 1 player alone could block 50 locations. 

Corwin View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2014 at 18:48
Seems a nice new addtition to the game, but I'm a little sceptic. Affraid we might have to wait another year before we can finally settle in broken lands. I really don't understand the complains about cities destoyed by occupying armies. Seems totally fair and realistic to me. 
If you don't want your exodused city destroyed just make sure you have alarge cavalry army clearing the square just before you arrive. I don't see the problem. 

2014 promises to be a lot better then 2013; we've had a tournement and we might actually get broken lands this year. Hope we don't get disapointed again
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2014 at 19:34
in an effort to preserve the "other place" feeling of the Broken Lands, could we restrict the visibility of town trades to some reasonable radius before Broken Lands opens for settlement? even 300 squares would be enough.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2014 at 21:08
Broken Lands is going to be a bear for city to city trades.  If I ever get my caravans back from sending to the new folks,  I will probably be raising the prices on basics a bit based on expectations of longer travel times.  Or at least trying to, and if others feel like me, it could affect the market significantly.
Lwyllyn View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lwyllyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2014 at 23:55
Thank you, DEVs!

I like the idea of extending the limit to 15 cities. If a player is allowed no more than 10 on one continent, the playing field may remain level.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic