illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Will the Tournament fizzle out?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Trentonus View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trentonus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will the Tournament fizzle out?
    Posted: 18 May 2014 at 13:05

With less than a week to go until the end of tournament all but 11 of the regional prizes have been won and no alliance without existing occupation time on the remaining competitive squares can win a regional square.

The remaining competitive regions are as follows:

Arran

Invictus vs Night Squires with Invictus within 12 hours of victory.

Azura

Invictus 4 days ahead of Slaves to Armok.

Elijal

Victrix  3 day lead over Invictus, The Crows Wings and Pending.

Kul Tar

Valiant Crows 1 day lead over Fire of Heaven, Eight Hand Crows in contention.

Meilla

Pending 3 day lead over Murder of Crows and Calquendi Crows.

Norweld

Murder of Crows tight lead over Aesir, Elysian Fields in theoretical contention.

Rill Archipelago

Slaves to Armok 3 day lead over Invictus.

Stormstone Island

Elysian Fields tight lead over Illy Training Ground, Murder of Crows still in contention.

Tallimar

Shrapnel's FDU within 12 hours of victory over Invictus.

Tor Corrock

Elysian Fields less than a day from victory over Skeleton Boar.

Turalia

Absaroke less than a day from victory over Praevaleo.
Altrix View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Altrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 03:33
Originally posted by Cilcain Cilcain wrote:

Some factions could be 'aligned' with some alliances, and 'enemies' of others.  Alliances could then defend the aligned Factions' towns, and siege the enemy Faction towns.  This could possibly bring together alliances usually at odds with each other to work for a common cause during the tourney....

The tourney would then be scored on how many aligned Faction towns remain at the end.  I guess you could even capture enemy Faction towns to increase the score.....

I like this idea very much, especially the implementation of factions being more active in Elgea.

As for the topic of this OP lots of squares are still getting fought over strongly with many extra casualties being added each day. You can see that some of the squares have stopped or have very little action but others, where alliances still have a chance at first place, are being hit hard. Just take a look at Norweld (I think its that square) which has over 4mil troops lost with about half of that in the past week!
Cilcain View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cilcain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2014 at 14:39
It's certainly not fizzling out as per the OP.  Is Elijal the square with the most casualties yet?  Doing my Comms the world of good too!

geofrey View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geofrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2014 at 14:25
elijal is resisting. Resistance is Futile. 

Cilcain View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cilcain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2014 at 12:32
Originally posted by Altrix Altrix wrote:

The DEVs could create towns specifically for this type of tournament and stack them with different types of troops, ones not seen before in Elgea. I don't know much about code writing so this might not be possible for the DEVs to do.

Good idea.  They could perhaps use the Factions, i.e. set up Faction towns, each with different troop types.

Some factions could be 'aligned' with some alliances, and 'enemies' of others.  Alliances could then defend the aligned Factions' towns, and siege the enemy Faction towns.  This could possibly bring together alliances usually at odds with each other to work for a common cause during the tourney....

The tourney would then be scored on how many aligned Faction towns remain at the end.  I guess you could even capture enemy Faction towns to increase the score.....

Altrix View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Altrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2014 at 00:52
The DEVs could create towns specifically for this type of tournament and stack them with different types of troops, ones not seen before in Elgea. I don't know much about code writing so this might not be possible for the DEVs to do.
It could also be done with abandoned accounts and not accounts that are being sat bansisdead, in order to remove all of the abandoned towns lying around the map (would also help to create more space which players have been complaining about!).
bansisdead View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bansisdead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 18:22
A sat account isn't a perma-sat account.  The game shouldn't change so it discriminates against those who cannot log on every 90 days because of other commitments, such as working away, prison, or controlling wives...
geofrey View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geofrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 15:18
Originally posted by Altrix Altrix wrote:

I think mixing it up is a good idea although I don't mind the one square for the whole period types.

I'm still voting for a siege and raze type of tourney :)

Agreed. A "All of these sit accounts are now abandoned and can't be used anymore. The King has ordered a reward for the alliance who sieges the most cities. Rules of the camp do not apply. Only members of the same alliance can reinforce each other. 

Altrix View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Altrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 04:39
I think mixing it up is a good idea although I don't mind the one square for the whole period types.

I'm still voting for a siege and raze type of tourney :)
Ander View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2014 at 19:50
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

I think it's good to mix it up and have some tourneys with fixed squares and other tourneys with squares that change every week.

Totally! The tournaments on fixed squares should be done only once in a year and on a fixed date (Illy anniversary or Geomancer Herrolf's birthday). 

Other additional tournaments could be inventive in any other ways - like skeletons that came out of stone circles or collecting anatomy parts.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic