Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

25APR14 - Bugfixes & patchnotes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 25APR14 - Bugfixes & patchnotes
    Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 17:06
Hi all,

A catchup on some bugfixes, and some enhancements.

Over the last few days and weeks I've been going through some of the outstanding bugs, issues and functionality changes and fixing them as I go.

This patchnote summarises many of the global changes that have been made so far.

HARVESTING IMPROVEMENT
Some database deadlocks were occurring very infrequently (less than once per day across the whole of Elgea) during the harvesting process, which may have meant less collected items than there should have been for a small number of players' harvesting activities.  We think these have been sorted out now, as there are no new deadlocks getting logged.

STUCK ARMIES IMPROVEMENT
There's now an improvement to the clean-up routine for stuck armies during occupation etc.

Somehow, some armies are ending up left on the map despite having no units but they still remain in situ and return home on schedule rather than being destroyed.  There's now a clean-up routine that should properly destroy these armies and will notify the army's owner.  

Please bear in mind that this is a scheduled routine (although it does run very regularly) so in the rare circumstances where this might have happened in the past, there might now be a small time delay between the destruction of the army and its disappearance from the map.  

Please note that this is very much an edge case.  If anyone still has any armies of this nature left on the map, please make sure you open a petition, or add a note to the Petition saying so and I'll get straight onto it.

OLD TOURNAMENT SQUARE CLEAN-UP
I had accidentally left Tournament 7's squares still designated as tournament squares (unsettlable etc) from the last time, and have now cleared these out - so we're back to 37 tournament squares on the map rather than some 185(!) or so.

EXODUS & CITY WALL
Exodusing towns now have their City Wall set back to Level 12 on arrival, in common with all other buildings.

EXODUS SPELL CANCELLATION
Any blights cast on an exodusing town should now be cancelled when the town moves.  I will be going through any currently opened petitions about this, and will be cancelling any and all spells (blights or otherwise) active either on the town or cast by the town, that predate the casting/target town's exodus.  

This process will begin on Wednesday 30th May - and the reason I am giving 5 days' warning here is that there are some towns that have pre-exodus active geomancy bonus spells (rather than blights) operating on them, and these towns may wish to secure an alternate source of geomancy bonus before it gets cancelled.

LOCHS, LAKES & COUNTER CLAIMING SOVEREIGNTY
The 40,675 Lochs and Lakes on elgea are going to be opened up as food sovereignable squares, in the same way as coastline currently is.

We'll be doing this in phases, as we are aware there is certainly some potential for disputes over which player gets the food sovereignty; which is why I'm setting out this sequence of events:
  1. We will be distributing the food amounts randomly across the 40,675 squares, and in the same proportions that coastline was distributed, namely:

10% 4 food
    20% 5 food
    20% 6 food
    10% 7 food
    10% 8 food
    10% 9 food
    10% 10 food
    5% 11 food
    1% 12 food
    1% 13 food
    1% 14 food
    1% 15 food
    1% 16 food

As the distribution is random, the numbers above won't be perfectly accurate, but should be very close (ie 19.8% instead of 20% etc).  

This distribution will appear on the map early next week, so players can start discussing any potential conflicts with their neighbours.

2. We will then move on to re-opening counter sovereignty claims with a new, streamlined and - better yet - properly working counter-claim system so that if players do have disputes, there is at least a mechanism beyond "first to claim the square".

3. We will then open up the squares to being occupy-able and sovereign-claimable by armies; as well as allowing the Fishery sovereign structure to be built on the square.  No other sovereign structures other than the Fishery will be allowed to be built on Lochs and Lakes.
I will make a post next week regarding how the new sovereign counter-claim system is going to work.

Best wishes,

SC
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 20:44
EXODUS SPELLS PART 2
Having looked into this in some further detail, there are:
  • 1198 Town Rune
  • 1329 Town Geomancy
  • 68 Town Blight
... spells currently in force on cities that were carried through the city's exodus.

I'm going to leave the Runes alone, because these are self cast (though please bear in mind that any newly exodusing city will lose all the magic - runes included - that were cast on it).

However, this does mean that there 1,329 towns who will lose their current geomancy spell - as it was in effect on their town *before* the exodus occurred.

It was always supposed to be this way - point 9 in the original post introducing Exodus reads "All the spells you have cast from this town and those cast on your town will be cancelled."; it's just that this was never properly implemented.

However, I do realise that people may not be aware of what spell carried over from Exodus, so I'm going to send an email over the weekend to all the towns that are going to affected by this bugfix, identifying the specific spell that will be automatically cancelled at some point on Wednesday; in order to give people some time to find an alternate source of whatever geomancy spell they had running on their city or to readjust their city resource / tax accordingly.

Regards,

SC

Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 22:49
Some of those blight spells may in fact be "blight shields" and desired by the towns on which they were cast -- you will be sending mails to cities affected by blights as well, right?

And by the way THANK YOU!!! Great to see the fruits of your labor going into effect.  You rock!

Edited by Rill - 25 Apr 2014 at 22:50
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 23:49
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

Some of those blight spells may in fact be "blight shields" and desired by the towns on which they were cast -- you will be sending mails to cities affected by blights as well, right?

And by the way THANK YOU!!! Great to see the fruits of your labor going into effect.  You rock!

You're welcome!  And yes, absolutely.  Any town with a spell that we intend to cancel (either blight or geomancy) will get an email.

Best,

SC
Gimli Son of Groin View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gimli Son of Groin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2014 at 00:04
Glad to see that you still like to check with players about the spells. Having played this game for a couple of years, I am still only just beginning to realise how complex it is. Now, if I, a mere player find it complex, then bravo to the GMs who keep this game running! In all my days, there has been one and only one disappointing thing which has made me sad in-game; the removal of the old smileys. That can be patched by players, so it doesn't have an effect on me anymore. Illyriad is an ever-expanding MMO in which the players, the community and the game itself develop over time and become somewhat more refined than before. I still remember lots of bugs which have been ironed out now, but some where still enjoyable nonetheless. I truly do appreciate the hard work that all you people put in to maintain this game for us players and I am genuinely happy that this game is still going on even if you GMs are fed up with our moaning ;). So again, this comes from the bottom of my heart, thank you so much for carrying on debugging and improving Illyriad.
Edit: I didn't notice it had dragged on this long. Sorry!

Edited by Gimli Son of Groin - 26 Apr 2014 at 00:05
“A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien

“I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien
Alcie View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alcie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2014 at 04:06
yay! fishing in lakes =D That is going to open up a lot of new nice places to settle, thank you GM Stormcrow!
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2014 at 05:01
I've always thought it's rather silly that a city in exodus could take ANY of the wall with them.

Kabu View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kabu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2014 at 08:26
Great news about the lakes and lochs! I had been waiting for that for a long time. :)
Myr View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2014 at 15:34
Stormcrow: It doesn't look like the Stuck Armies fix is going to help my missing troops on Wild Monk. Is that something that you're still looking into? It's been a few months since it happened.
G0DsDestroyer View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G0DsDestroyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2014 at 16:22
Any chance Swampland can become claimable for food sovereignty too? Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic