illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Realism Improvement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PeterBailey View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterBailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Realism Improvement
    Posted: 12 Apr 2014 at 21:15
Hello! As a new player I am very impressed at the amount of effort going into this game, and I was particularly impressed with the help I received from fellow players. 

That said, I had a few ideas to add to the already great game:

HONOURABLE SURRENDER:
If a player was engaged in a battle that they knew they would lose heavily, they might be able to initiate an honourable surrender. In keeping with the racial stereotypes, maybe this may not be an option for Orcs, but that is semantics... They might lose say, all the loot they carried and one tenth of their number. However, if they have no loot they might lose two tenths. This all depends on the aggressor - they are always able to reject this surrender. 

HOSTAGES:
Commanders are key, that is plain to see. I would like to see a function where the commander (and possibly portions) of the losing army is held hostage. The victor can set a ransom level that the defeated player must pay, or have the hostages executed. This allows for armies to be rebuilt more  quickly, as well as the victor to gain some res. and money as spoils of war. 

SPOILS OF WAR: 
As with reality, I think it would be fitting for the victor of an engagement to loot the battleground. They might gain some of the res. used to create the army, say 5%. I think this would really add to the feel of the battle.

Of course most of this applies to PvP engagements, but I still believe these ideas would enrich the gameplay. :) 

Thanks for reading, please reply with any points! 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic