illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

tracking animals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
lorre View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tracking animals
    Posted: 04 Apr 2014 at 14:23
day 3 21:44 servertime (april 3)
scouts have arrived of location of the wild dogs, only half the pack remains, a local player has been killing of the wildlife including my testsubjects. 
i will consider the wild dogs lost and solely focus on the salamanders now.

day 4 13:21 servertime (april 4) 
confirmation that feeding animals does not help.
the salamanders have moved after getting attacked, their numbers have diminished once more
testsubject 3 (salamanders) are considerd lost.

The battlefield is a scene of constant chaos. The winner will be the one who controls that chaos, both his own and the enemies.
Napoleon Bonaparte
lorre View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2014 at 13:21
so they dont hunt other npcs?
The battlefield is a scene of constant chaos. The winner will be the one who controls that chaos, both his own and the enemies.
Napoleon Bonaparte
ubluntu View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubluntu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2014 at 04:45
GM Stormcrow clarifies what animals eat.

[03:20]<ubluntu> GM Stormcrow, Would you care to elaborate on what animals eat? (food from resource distributions, other animals and are specific prey preferred/required, do resources shipped in with a caravan like food, cows, beer... affect this)
[03:21]<GM Stormcrow> @ubluntu - No, natural animals (NPC Nature) have food preferences described in the db as a combination of biome and terraintype.
lorre View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 21:17
dear gms or mods please dont close this? could you move it to a more approperiate forum now i am using it to keep the public informed of my findings however wrong they may be

day 3 15:31 server time (april 3)
scout reports suggest no growth, however the giant spiders are moving east once more
the giant spiders appear to be going for an attack on giant rats
day 3 15:52 (april 3)
Giant spiders tried attacking a group of giant rats, test subjects have been lost, sending scout to see the amount of rats remaining

amount of rats remaining 
Army: A Horde of Giant Rats
Troops: Ratlings Ratlings 207
Troops: Rats Rats 94
Troops: Diseased Rats Diseased Rats 54

Giant spiders seem to be to predatory for their own good,i am hoping i have more luck with the group of wild dogs and salamanders i am monitoring.

the salamanders have received food but no growth has been found yet. 
i will try and feed them cows next and see if any growth can be achieved.
Napoleon Bonaparte
Hora View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 12:42
I gave up testing to reduce population of poisonous Crawlers in Turalia, as this "feature" of Legions appearing in the same place right after killing a gathering inverted the effect Confused

Will try again as soon as this problem is solved or explained...
lorre View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 11:31
day 3 9:55 am servertime (april 3)
scouts have reached the salamanders, no growth detected eventho they have moved, i will be sending 1000 food to see if it increases growth.

day 3 10:16 servertime (april 3)
scouts have reached the new destination of the giant spiders, no growth detected

day 3 10:27(april 3)
salamanders had been moving without me noticing they went from these coords  [-798|63] in Fremorn to these [-800|62] in fremorn
the salamanders seem to move northwest

day 3 10:27 (april 3)
scouts have reached the new position of the wild dogs, no growth found

Napoleon Bonaparte
lorre View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 09:56
day 1 (april 1) salamanders moved northwest and killed a pack of wild dogs
day 1 giant spiders moved near and went east
day 1 two packs of wild dogs merged together
day 2 a 2 new packs of wild dogs appeared together with a horde of giant scuttlers and a gathering of wolves.
day 2 the giant spiders have moved eastwards avoiding the giant scuttlers seemingly to attack and eat the wild dogs.

day 2 send out scouts to see if the original wild dogs,salamanders and giant spiders have grown in numbers.
day 2 10:04 server time scouts reached the giant spiders
original numbers since observation

spitting spiders 14 now spitting spiders 15
adolescent giant spiders 62 now adolescent spiders 63
giant spiders 36 now giant spiders 37

day 2 10:24 am servertime
scouts have reached the salamanders
no growth found, same numbers as before
spitting salamanders 3
small salamanders 20
large salamanders 7

day 2 10:33 am servertime
scouts reached the merged wild dog pack
no growth found, same numbers as day 1
pups 129
wild dogs 81
rabid hounds 10
pack leaders 16

day 2 i am now doubting if feeding does not have any affect.
the giant spiders were the only group who were fed cows,horses and food and they are the only group who grew their numbers.
will not feed any group today and will check up on them tommorow to see if the numbers grew again, if not i will try feeding all 3 groups 1 with horses the other with cow and the last one with food to see if any growth comes from it.

day 2 14:02 server time
giant spiders are moving south east from original position
day 2 16:00 servertime spiders moved over the river east position

day 2 21:23 server time(april 2)
no growth detected with the group of salamanders.

day 2 21:31 (april 2)
scouts have reached the group of wild dogs no growth detected.

day 2 21:42: (april 2)
scouts have reached spiders.
spiders numbers have increased once more
the population now is
15 spitting spiders vs 15 spitting spiders
65 adolescent spiders vs 63 adolescent spiders
38 giant spiders vs 37 giant spiders

day 2 22:22 servertime (april 2)
the giant spiders have once agains started moving east

day 2 22:24 april 2
the group of wild dogs have started moving west

day 2 23:38 april 2
wild dogs have landed at coords [-824|54]

day 3 8:51 servertime
the giant spiders have not moved from where they have landed -757/44
neither have the wild dogs -824/54
the salamanders have moved slightly northwest
scouts have been send to see further growth cntinoud testing will happen with the salamanders.

several new groups of critters have landed near my city tonight mainly wild dogs and wolves.
from what i can tell wolves and dogs seems to move from the east to the west.
Napoleon Bonaparte
lorre View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 13:08
day 1 salamanders moved northwest and killed a pack of wild dogs
day 1 giant spiders moved near and went east
day 1 two packs of wild dogs merged together
day 2 a 2 new packs of wild dogs appeared together with a horde of giant scuttlers and a gathering of wolves.
day 2 the giant spiders have moved eastwards avoiding the giant scuttlers seemingly to attack and eat the wild dogs.

day 2 send out scouts to see if the original wild dogs,salamanders and giant spiders have grown in numbers.
day 2 10:04 server time scouts reached the giant spiders
original numbers since observation

spitting spiders 14 now spitting spiders 15
adolescent giant spiders 62 now adolescent spiders 63
giant spiders 36 now giant spiders 37

day 2 10:24 am servertime
scouts have reached the salamanders
no growth found, same numbers as before 
spitting salamanders 3
small salamanders 20
large salamanders 7

day 2 10:33 am servertime 
scouts reached the merged wild dog pack
no growth found, same numbers as day 1
pups 129
wild dogs 81
rabid hounds 10
pack leaders 16

day 2 i am now doubting if feeding does not have any affect.
the giant spiders were the only group who were fed cows,horses and food and they are the only group who grew their numbers.
will not feed any group today and will check up on them tommorow to see if the numbers grew again, if not i will try feeding all 3 groups 1 with horses the other with cow and the last one with food to see if any growth comes from it.
Napoleon Bonaparte
lorre View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 08:48
how did you manage to selectivly grow the scorpions ander? i want to know please, anyone with some infortmation please post here we must preserve our illy wildlife (or whats left of it in some areas)
Napoleon Bonaparte
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 06:54
maybe elephants eat wood?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic