FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Armies in Limbo? No Support!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2014 at 22:28
Posting in-game mails between players or between players and devs is against the TOS.  Posting system-generated reports is not now nor ever has been against the TOS.  To quote rule 5 under forum-specific:

Public posting of private messages between fellow players or players and Illyriad staff is prohibited. This includes discussions of warnings and suspensions of both game and forum accounts.

Edited by Rill - 17 Aug 2014 at 22:31
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2014 at 23:50
Originally posted by Angrim Angrim wrote:

Rikoo's advice for petitions that aren't moving is to update them regularly, which has the effect of keeping them at the top of the (apparently FIFO) queue.

* Brandmeister clutches his engineering funny bone.

LIFO. It would be a Last In, First Out queue.

FIFO (First In, First Out) would mean the oldest petitions get addressed first, which is obviously not how it works.
Arcangelo View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arcangelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 00:53
So how do you update it? I submitted a second one today (two weeks after the first one) under a different topic heading. 
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 01:02
Just go to your petitions, click the link for that petition, and Add Comment.

Starting a new petition probably isn't going to help.
Arcangelo View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arcangelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 03:34
I found it, thanks. it did help as I finally did get a response, Acknowledged, Under Investigation, lol

You would think since this has happened in the past, that it would be something easy to fix. But I guess nothing is ever the same....

I do know this, all my future sieges, I will kill any NPC's that even get close it my encampment. 
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 14:03
We are very aware of the issue (issues, actually, this is not just one particular issue as it might seem) and have been working on it as well as some releases. I asked players to start a forum thread, to fill out more details as they could or to update petitions. 

I am continuing to keep an eye on it and we will let everyone know when we get a fix. Thanks!

GM Rikoo
Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
Epidemic View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epidemic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2014 at 03:51
My alt has had an army in limbo for quite some time now, it was a marker army sent to fake siege a town. It's still listed in Orders as sieging but is nowhere to be found.
M6 Redneck View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M6 Redneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2014 at 14:47
Another to add to the list...

Army name = Fast
1,663 chariotees
25 Catapults with draught horses
2 * commanders lvl 53 + 51
From city 7. Mireside Hearth

Army was sent to siege this town

-473|-801 in Azura 2. Colchester

From the square -474/-802

On arrival it hit and wided out a group of NPCs. I do not have the IGM.
The NPCs were Rhinos
The army would have landed approx 2200 18th August server time.

It does not show on map or on army movements page.
Commanders show on cammander page
Army shows as on manoeuvres on army page

PETITION 10330

Cheers,
M6

Edited by M6 Redneck - 19 Aug 2014 at 14:54
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2014 at 14:52
Thanks for the information all, but if I may ask: take a screen shot as well? It might be handy to see any army listings or anything else that might be wonky. If you don't want to, cool, but feel free to black out any "hidden" stuff.

Also, include browser type, connection... as much info as possible. Dates, times, etc etc etc.

Thanks a ton, and we apologize again for this/these issues!

GM Rikoo

Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
Albatross View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albatross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2014 at 16:42
Originally posted by Epidemic Epidemic wrote:

My alt has had an army in limbo for quite some time now, it was a marker army sent to fake siege a town. It's still listed in Orders as sieging but is nowhere to be found.
This change might help gather more info from players...

For the Army Encampment group, perhaps wrapping the army name in a link to the army (as is done in the Outbound Military Movements and Inbound Military Movements groups) might help reveal some army IDs.

edit: it's an integrity problem, this suggestion is imperfect. It's based on the assumption that if a player can see it in Orders, then there's a reference to towns, but not perhaps to whatever object is used as basis in the maps, or whatever the timer/scanner event looks at.

Edited by Albatross - 19 Aug 2014 at 16:56
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic