Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Deranzin View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 18:38
Originally posted by Ander Ander wrote:

This coming from you Deranzin[H?]? Big smile

Yes, why .?. Was I ever a spy or was I ever lying to achieve a goal and I cannot express my personal opinion on the matter .?. You were once in the leadership of your alliance (no idea where you are now in game, sorry) and you might have different views on what most players do in the game, but in case you didn't notice I am not my whole alliance, I am just a simple member in it and so I am not accountable for all its actions before me joining it, or after, unless they included me specifically in their undertaking or design.

So, if you are going to quote people, at least do keep their whole sentence ok .?. Clap

You are writting :

Spying is a really bad form of human behavior? Really? You are killing me! Big smile

Whereas I specifically wrote :

"Bottom line :
This is a strategic game and yes noone should be surprised at attempts of inter-alliance espionage, but there are so many "clean" ways to accomplish that feat which make the pretense of friendship in order to fit in and spy others so totally unnecessary and redundant, that it is imho a really bad form of human behavior. "

* The change of font size and embolding was made only for your apparent inability to read the whole passage. LOL

So, in simpler terms I said that spying is ok in a strategy game and totally to be expected, but stomping on human feelings in the process of achieving such a simple task is a bad behavior.

Unless you disagree with that, I do not see your problem. Wink
st aug View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 22:25
#1 This is game and always will be . #2 And since this is a game all is fare . There's nothing that is out of bounds. people will and do anything in here to serve there purpose . #3 Friends ya sure your lucky in life to count true friends on one hand . You find a friend in here your lucky but don't count on it your playing a game remember that. We have no idea who on the other side of the screen . #4 The fact people hide there true self and play with alt and man playing as women and women playing as men should tell everything you need to know . There a reason they hide in shadows and there purpose is not to make friends you can count on it . Take it and play it for what it is -don't sweat the small stuff -let the games begin--lol . .--P.s. to all the good people out there . thank you for being you .

Edited by st aug - 22 Dec 2013 at 22:55
Ander View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2013 at 04:11
KP, I get your point. But there is nothing in the thread to suggest any deception other than in-game spying or any particularly bad incident. Someone was a bit sincere, that's why they revealed their true identity. That's my view anyway.

HATHALDIR View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2013 at 05:44
Okay, lets take a step back and look at this again. If  you feel you have a connection with a person, you probably do. Can Zennora forgive Venita for the deception? That is entirely up to her!

Have i ever told a lie in my life? Hell yeah!
Will i ever lie again? Hell Yeah!

Lets all get down off the soap box and get with the program. I think Zennora's post is about her trying that friendship thing again. So let us keep the topic on this and cut the sanctimonious whooey.

Zenn, drop Venita an IGM, you may be glad you did! At least you will know the answer!

There's worse blokes than me!!
Deranzin View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2013 at 08:42

KP, I get your point. But there is nothing in the thread to suggest any deception other than in-game spying or any particularly bad incident. Someone was a bit sincere, that's why they revealed their true identity. That's my view anyway.

So, after showing clearly that you cannot (or do not) read smaller posts correctly, you "ignore" that blunder and now you want to sum up an even bigger and more complex post .?. LOL

Skyping about real life and pretending to be a friend is "no deception" in your book .?. Wow. What part of "We chatted about our personal lives, trials and tribulations, and many things that I would not have shared if I knew her secret. " and " but I am afraid to trust her now" do you find wrong, illogical or mystifying .?.

And if someone is ONLY "a bit sincere", as you claim, then one can say then that he was "a lot insincere" Wink

Edited by Deranzin - 23 Dec 2013 at 08:47
Diva View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 01:01
Does everything need to be OVER analyzed. This is and always has been between Zenn and Venita. What everyone else construes to be right or wrong out of what she wrote turns one against the other. Quit it. Yours, my own opinions don't matter cuz we didn't do it (to Zenn) in skype ...Only Venita can tell her the truth.
"Um diva.... you are sort of acting like a .... diva...." - PhoenixFire
Nokigon View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Historian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 01:33
To bring this topic back into relevance....

Venitas actions had serious consequences. Tcol never had brilliant relations with her; there is a history but it's a long one and frankly it's way too late foe that. Suffice it to say that kale had not received many reasons to trust her.

And then we find out that, after a long conversation in which osha claimed that she learnt more from kale than she ever had with champ, that this person was in fact an alt. A spy.

If venita had truly wanted to be friendly with the dominion and tcol in particular, she could have spoken and been friendly to kale. Perhaps, had that happened, tcol might never have intervened in the bane war. But this incident set a permanent tone of mistrust between tcol and ii which had fairly disastrous consequences.

A lesson, I think, in how spies are a seriously bad idea.
Diva View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 02:16
Originally posted by Nokigon Nokigon wrote:

To bring this topic back into relevance....

A lesson, I think, in how spies are a seriously bad idea.

But what the point seems to be is what was real .. and what was ingame spying.

Sharing personal info and ingame spying are 2 different things.  I believe tho spying may have changed the GAME play for the moment and distrust of Venita in an alliance,  I don't think it meant harm in real life by swapping recipes, photos, etc. ... I doubt she faked a real life too? and the only way .. is to for Zenn to ask Venita.. Gameplay is out of the question to fix for her, and the whole of you in it. 

2ndly, this is one of MANY millions of people who have faked a death- send money scam, - buy presents for my children's (birthday, Christmas),-  I'm asking you to send me $40 bucks to pay my light bill -  internet scam you'll never get your money back HA HA ... we've all been hurt/seen worse.

And then again, maybe the RL friendship was real, and the spying was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Hard to come back from being deceived. Live and learn and don't get all wrapped up.

Deranzin View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 09:54
Originally posted by Diva Diva wrote:

Does everything need to be OVER analyzed. This is and always has been between Zenn and Venita. What everyone else construes to be right or wrong out of what she wrote turns one against the other. Quit it. Yours, my own opinions don't matter cuz we didn't do it (to Zenn) in skype ...Only Venita can tell her the truth.

1. This is funny from a person that later on goes to analyze things as well and offer an opinion, which here you insist that it does not matter.
  2. Since the topic is PUBLIC, then we are allowed to have opinions over it.
  3. Last but not least, if you want to moderate the forum apply for the place of GM Luna. Till then, I have no idea from where you took the idea that you should tell people whether their opinions matter or how they should express them

2ndly, this is one of MANY millions of people who have faked a death- send money scam, - buy presents for my children's (birthday, Christmas),-  I'm asking you to send me $40 bucks to pay my light bill -  internet scam you'll never get your money back HA HA ... we've all been hurt/seen worse.

So you are putting what Venita did on par with internet scams .?.  Shocked

Way to go with the "over-analysis" dude ! LOL
Diva View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2013 at 03:23
Originally posted by Deranzin Deranzin wrote:

1. This is funny from a person that later on goes to analyze things as well and offer an opinion, which here you insist that it does not matter.
  2. Since the topic is PUBLIC, then we are allowed to have opinions over it.
  3. Last but not least, if you want to moderate the forum apply for the place of GM Luna. Till then, I have no idea from where you took the idea that you should tell people whether their opinions matter or how they should express them

[QUOTE=Diva]

So you are putting what Venita did on par with internet scams .?.  Shocked

Way to go with the "over-analysis" dude ! LOL
[/QUOTE
Of all I said, again.. if you think about it...its' between Zenn and Venita... you like to smack your lips about it and pick fights and demean people..  and seem all important about what you say Den.. please get over yourself and hopefully Luna closes every thread you are in. You are an instigator and think you've put people in their place ... You are ONLINE ONLY, I can see thru you -- every thing you post, but because I'm NOT wrapped up only pissed off for 2 secs... do you get it? If you think I want answer from you.. wait till I ask you for one.. NEVER EVER, not never, think I need a reply from you in the future ...talk about misconstruing the point, my gawd.. hush.

Edited by Diva - 25 Dec 2013 at 03:38
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic