FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedChristmas Truce

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Tyrande Whisperwinds View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 11:42
Aye, let ppl rest at least on this holiday. I also agree not to send any missions to land on the 25th ^^

Merry Christmas all

(also, like this, i can play Warcraft without having to alt+tab all the time to check on illy.. My RL will kill me one of these days)...
st aug View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 14:50
Call a truce anyway. Then you'll find out who's who. Sound like a good idea to me . Nothing wrong with a day of rest. The game is not going no were and neither are we . You don't celebrate the holiday day that's fine . Happy holidays to you and yours to what ever ya'll celebrate when the day comes . One day truce good idea my vote is yes take a break you know we could all use that . Merry Christmas everybody may the holidays give you and yours joy and happiness. Enjoy

Edited by st aug - 20 Dec 2013 at 15:01
Nesse View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 15:11
Originally posted by jcx jcx wrote:

Merry Christmas - /me smells the roasted meat and the bitterness of beer.. Cheers!!!

Beer? Big smile Beer

+1
Nesse(Dwarven Druids) and Odd (Fairy Road Authority)
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 19:08
Originally posted by Darkwords Darkwords wrote:

If we were to do something like this, which I would support,it should not be no attacks launched on the 25th, but no attacks to land through the 25th.

It's already too late - I have attacks from EE landing from 3am through 3pm on Dec 25th.   They were sent 2 days ago.

"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
scaramouche View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 20:06
obviously this idea has and will come too late for some players as KP has just stated...although a good idea it should of been mutually agreed weeks ago.
but war is war I suppose...and although this idea sounds good to some/most there will be others that will take advantage...
a good idea but has come to late!
NO..I dont do the Fandango!
WeeAshley View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2013 at 01:54
Originally posted by Epidemic Epidemic wrote:

Many of us do not celebrate the commercial holiday of Christmas, just saying.
I would be just as happy to put this forward for any big annual family-type Holidays celebrated by a significant portion of the server population.  Being from the west Christmas is the one I am most familiar with but my respect for those trying to balance family with this game transcends my western world view.
Originally posted by DeliciousJosh DeliciousJosh wrote:

It's a pretty impossible task to get everyone to follow a truce. I am personally not sending any attacks that will land from 22nd --> 26th.
I' not suggesting anything as formal as a sworn-by-the-leadership truce.  More a gentle[wo]man's understanding - in the spirit of all those informal truces that have happened throughout our own war history irl.  Not only is it realistic to see it in a war, it also helps those of us with active family lives to better balance everything!
Originally posted by KillerPoodle KillerPoodle wrote:

It's already too late - I have attacks from EE landing from 3am through 3pm on Dec 25th.   They were sent 2 days ago.
Well... my fault for not thinking of it sooner - assuming they were amicable to the idea anyways.  Next Christmas as this war continues we might consider it earlier. :)
BellusRex View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 05:08
New Year's Day?
"War is the father of all things..."
tansiraine View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 15:55
I suggested the beginning of the month to take off for Christmas so people could spend it with their families an not tied to a computer.  Granted it was in GC but I was told that would not happen.. So seeing attacks land on the holiday does not surprise me. 
Auraya View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 17:52
I would have thought it pretty poor form to land attacks on Christmas Day regardless of whether there was a truce in place or not. Some people take this game way too seriously and prioritise "winning" over being a decent person. 

For the record, I do not celebrate Diwali, Eid, Yom Kippur and many other religious holidays but I would certainly respect other players taking those days off and agree a truce whilst they spent time with their families. 

I know emotions are high for some people but try to remember that by taking actions of dubious morality, you are simply degrading yourself. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic