illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TRIVIUM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2013 at 02:03
I do not find it odd and I do not believe things could have been different. In fact, since my TLR days when you threatened to use tens of thousands of your Ursor and Qarosslan based troops against us I have expected nothing less. I also expected nothing less than your doing so when we are down. Bravo on meeting my expectations as I have met yours.
Bonfyr Verboo
BellusRex View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellusRex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2013 at 02:07
I would add one point of clarification here...TVM has not been asked to "surrender" or make any such public declaration stating they did such...
"War is the father of all things..."
ES2 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ES2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2013 at 02:17
Originally posted by abstractdream abstractdream wrote:

I do not find it odd and I do not believe things could have been different. In fact, since my TLR days when you threatened to use tens of thousands of your Ursor and Qarosslan based troops against us I have expected nothing less. I also expected nothing less than your doing so when we are down. Bravo on meeting my expectations as I have met yours.

This looks like a tough fight ahead of you; if we were still allies I imagine that I would have your shield arm, and I would not have wavered.

Eternal Fire
Aurordan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Player Council - Ambassador

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Aurordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2013 at 02:17
I'm not sure what you're looking for here.  You joined this war, of your own volition, and now you're fighting it.  If you want out, you should stop insulting anyone who asks if you're interested in talking about peace.  If not, there's nothing really here except your propaganda machine spinning its wheels.   
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2013 at 02:38
BellusRex
In fact I have messages from 3 different alliances asking me to accept terms. Several of TVM's members have messages from one or more opponents asking them to accept individual terms.

Aurordan
We joined this war in that EE (your new alliance for the duration?) declared war on us without prelude or explanation. VCrow followed, to "free up" EE to fight elsewhere. nCrow declared, after we were rocked on our heels to fairly safely remove us from the vicinity of at least one of their members.

I stated what I was looking for in the first sentence.
Bonfyr Verboo
BellusRex View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellusRex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2013 at 02:44
Bonfyr, I don't say you weren't offered terms. I said you were not asked to surrender, but to withdraw from hostilities...I understand that not continuing to fight might make the two equally the same to you, I just wanted to be clear in that you were not being asked to surrender or declare you were doing such...
"War is the father of all things..."
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2013 at 03:01
Again, you are wrong. We were instructed to pay a ransom of tens of thousands of saddles and hundreds
Of millions of gold, remove all but food sovereignty and demolish our barracks. Lastly we were required to make a post here about our "not continuing to fight". Now, it is true that order only came from one alliance in one message but it did happen. There were other messages urging me to accept those terms.

I suppose you can see it as NOT a surrender but you can call the Sun the Moon too.
Bonfyr Verboo
Epidemic View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epidemic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2013 at 06:39
The asking price for peace is not that bad. Tens of thousands of saddles and hundreds of millions of gold couldn't be more than 300M-500M, not much for an entire alliance. Dropping sov and demolishing barracks are a bit silly.

Counter offer with 250M in gold or supplies, you'll drop all confeds/naps, ban your players from joining warring alliances, promise to not seek revenge and remain neutral for the remainder of the war.

I'm sure you'll have plenty to worry about when factions go live and you're constantly being attacked by the dragonkin, eaglesbrood and all the other aggressive factions in the north.

Edited by Epidemic - 24 Nov 2013 at 06:41
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2013 at 07:50
Originally posted by Epidemic Epidemic wrote:

The asking price for peace is not that bad.
without disagreeing...i don't think that was the point.
Ander View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2013 at 08:54
The comparison with loosing to Shade may not apply for this situation. For one, Shade is a regional alliance on the other end of the map. They didnt have anything to gain from a war with you. EE and nCrow are your close neighbors. They both have something to gain by destroying an enemy in their backyard, whether they want to do it or not. 

You seem to be loosing cities almost every day, without even killing any significant number of enemy troops. From the numbers I have seen in Herald, you wouldnt have even taken out 5% of EE's armies so far. You should discuss with your coalition to see what is the best strategy for you. Perhaps if you withdraw from war, EE may be forced to face tougher opponents like H or TCol, and then they may not be as successful in making sieges as they are now.

You are sacrificing your friends with no gain to the war cause of you allies. Your willingness to fight the war to the end reminds me of myself during the last war; but in the situation you are in, it appears more like lack of clarity than loyalty. How are you of help to H just by loosing your cities?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic