Topic ClosedNC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 14>
Author
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 14:22
Originally posted by Badur Agamak Badur Agamak wrote:

Couldn't we just get the leaders of both alliances to sit down and talk through a trusted medium by both sides? All this forum bashing solves nothing. Set up a negotiation table of all alliances leaders involved in the conflict plus neutral people both sides trust to help find a suitable outcome for both sides.

They don't want that. The Coalition tried and were rejected.
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 18:30
Originally posted by Halcyon Halcyon wrote:

What game police? H? was on NC's side all through their campaign of aggression.

Saying it over and over again doesn't make it true.  H? was involved once and once only.
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
Anjire View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 19:52

Originally posted by abstractdream abstractdream wrote:

It isn't strange that these guys (mostly guys, maybe a few gals) are willing to go to war and all that entails to drive home the point that Harmless? should have "controlled" how one particular alliance plays the game?

After all is said and done, that is the underlying issue that has been brought to the fore. That is that H? has not played game police well enough to satisfy the alliances who have banned together and are now playing game police. I find that strange, but I have often been accused of having a skewed view of this game, so maybe I just don't get it cuz I'm naive.

When NC on their own were not enough, the "NC Reserve Alliance" (That's TVM and other Coalition players) was sent in.
And when the NCRA was not enough H? themselves declared war and had to be declared upon.

I was in close contact and support with Mannanan and Gimardon when NC attacked Gimardon due to my close friendship with Mannanan and his request for aide at the time.   My forces were all all prepared to ship off and clear any sieges that might have landed on Gimardon's cities in Kumala.    In fact, It reached the point where I exchanged skype contact information with both Gimardon and Mannanan just for this incident.  All attacks against Kumala cities were feints and the situation was resolved.  

------------------------------------

After the tournament Dittobite sent me an IGM regarding three incidents/complaints he had concerning NC.  I responded in depth and detail giving my viewpoint including specific personal incidents that related to each complaint leveled.  This was to show why I could empathize with NC's position and that perhaps a different diplomatic tact might have better resolved the issue in the first place.   I followed up stating that if he still felt justified he should declare on NC and that it was my opinion that Harmless? would not get involved at that time.  Further, that it wasn't my place to tell him how to run his alliance or make that decision for him.  This last IGM was sent May 24th, and sat unread in his inbox for over two months before being deleted.   

*up to this point I really didn't have much of an interaction with NC because I hadn't really initiated interaction.  As I did, I found them to be very reasoned and well spoken.  So, to be cliche after many months - yes, yes I do like green eggs and ham.  :)  

Halcyon View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 20:18
I was refering to H? the alliance, not Anjire the player.
You, Anjire, may not have been involved, but in my communications with KP he made it quite clear that H? will support NC.
In declaring war on EE who was at war with TVM, H? did just that. TVM in my mind and by their own action are NC's reserve alliance.
ES2 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 20:52
Originally posted by Anjire Anjire wrote:

Originally posted by abstractdream abstractdream wrote:

It isn't strange that these guys (mostly guys, maybe a few gals) are willing to go to war and all that entails to drive home the point that Harmless? should have "controlled" how one particular alliance plays the game?

After all is said and done, that is the underlying issue that has been brought to the fore. That is that H? has not played game police well enough to satisfy the alliances who have banned together and are now playing game police. I find that strange, but I have often been accused of having a skewed view of this game, so maybe I just don't get it cuz I'm naive.

When NC on their own were not enough, the "NC Reserve Alliance" (That's TVM and other Coalition players) was sent in.
And when the NCRA was not enough H? themselves declared war and had to be declared upon.

This last IGM was sent May 24th, and sat unread in his inbox for over two months before being deleted.   

It is possible that he read the igm and then marked it as unread to check back on it later, to then later delete.
Eternal Fire
The Electrocutioner View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 21:20

Couldn't we just get the leaders of both alliances to sit down and talk through a trusted medium by both sides? All this forum bashing solves nothing. Set up a negotiation table of all alliances leaders involved in the conflict plus neutral people both sides trust to help find a suitable outcome for both sides.

Sadly, there are no neutral people.

In my experience, anyone who has ever come forward as a possible mediator in any conflict has a tilt toward one side or the other and a hidden agenda for their preferred side. Manannan is a great example - he was supposed to be a "neutral" negotiator between NC and STEEL, while he worked actively to enlist military support for STEEL if the conflict were to escalate. The number of examples I have of things like this is exactly equal to the number of people who have ever wanted to mediate a conflict that NC has been involved in.

I'm not opposed at all to working with a neutral mediator to resolve conflict, but I don't know of a single Illy player who fits that bill.
Venita View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 21:22
Seiges On Shamarra should have stopped after the agreed upon 2 cities.  maybe 3. Not wipe her out. She had incoming into EVERY city... I know as I had the privledge of sitting her account.  After they took the 4th, she lost her desire to play.    Then a member even sent her a mail stating she got what she deserved....and they could only wish the rest of II would get the same fate......  we lost a very good player who made the game enjoyable .. I will miss her and nevber forget how she was taken out.<.length;r++var>

Edited by Venita - 02 Nov 2013 at 21:24
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 21:22

I was refering to H? the alliance, not Anjire the player.
You, Anjire, may not have been involved, but in my communications with KP he made it quite clear that H? will support NC.

Only after you made it quite clear you intended to pile in on them with any and all support you could and only in that one incident.
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
Badur Agamak View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 21:29
Originally posted by The Electrocutioner The Electrocutioner wrote:

Sadly, there are no neutral people.

In my experience, anyone who has ever come forward as a possible mediator in any conflict has a tilt toward one side or the other and a hidden agenda for their preferred side. Manannan is a great example - he was supposed to be a "neutral" negotiator between NC and STEEL, while he worked actively to enlist military support for STEEL if the conflict were to escalate. The number of examples I have of things like this is exactly equal to the number of people who have ever wanted to mediate a conflict that NC has been involved in.

I'm not opposed at all to working with a neutral mediator to resolve conflict, but I don't know of a single Illy player who fits that bill.

For whats it worth I would gladly be part of the medium if both sides were to agree to negotiation. Sadly from what I have been told that is unlikely and I see this war ending with fewer people in illyriad when it began Cry
DeathDealer89 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 21:44
But at least those players will spend tons of prestige!  I imagine the devs like war, people insta building to save from sieges, moving vans around.  Plus the simple troop prestige uses.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 14>
  Share Topic