Topic ClosedWhy are we fighting?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 23>
Author
Tamaeon View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 01:08

o/ Kumo!

Here's my personal and honest opinion on your post...

Originally posted by Kumomoto Kumomoto wrote:

THIS IS AN HONEST REACH OUT FOR PARLEY.

We have had a good conversation in GC and the bottom line is that most of the people in this war have an issue with NC.

Sorry Kumo, many many attempts were made at parley. It starts with someone taking an issue to H?, then directors either dismissing them as lies, spin or slander. After that a discussion about non-issues follows, and finally you issue a reminder about how friendly both parties are, and close with a thinly veiled threat.

This "method" of parley is evident even in this post. We even have a word for it; its called manipulation!

Ok. Let's talk about how small alliances fight. or Medium ones. Because almost everyone agrees that this game shouldn't stifle the ability for small or medium alliances to have fun wars?

I'm suggesting a parley to avoid the holocaust that is facing us. And I suggest Angrim as the mediator. (sorry for not asking you first, but you are the most neutral person I can think of that everyone respects!).

No, lets NOT talk about how small alliances fight. illyriad is a strategy game, and people should be free to pursue their goals and interests without the expressed blessing of the self appointed arbiters of the Elgea.

I'm frankly tired of "going to H?" to get your opinion before moving a finger. I'm tired of your PR strategies, and your practice of dismissing everything as spin when it doesn't suit your opinion. If you really wanted to have a discussion about what's better for game, you should have done so long ago. Not when your own actions and policies are finally catching up to with you!

You've played the game, and you've made the wrong moves for your own selfish reasons. Now you're staring down a barrel, and you know your defeat is drawing near. There's no use in trying to control the narrative. Just accept your fate, and the inevitability of defeat. You've had a great run as the #1 alliance of the server, and now you're facing your biggest challenge yet. Will you fight like the farmer soldiers you are (lol), or continue these futile attempts at delaying the inevitable?

If this is truly about NC and people's impression of them as bullies, then let's get this all out on the table. In H?, we've always seen NC as a small ally who is having fun playing the game, and do not understand the huge backlash, but we want to listen to everyone's comments.

Can we not come to some sort of agreement where small/medium (and perhaps large) alliances can sometimes play the war aspects of this game without causing Armageddon.

No we can't, and we shouldn't. Its all in the game, and you need to accept this.
You tied your own fate to that of NC. By your own words, you said you would NEVER allow them to go down. You made your bet, and now you'll be "going down" with them!

Because, make no mistakes... if we go down this path without any diplomacy, we are going to be a perpetual bloodbath for the indefinite future... And I'm not sure that most of us want that...

Well be that as it may, its exactly where you have lead us... oh great H?!
I'm sure you know that this war won't take very long, and even if it does... the prospect of chasing each other around the map seems rather amusing! LOL

in closing!

THIS IS AN HONEST APPEAL TO REASON.

Illyriad is simply a game. Games are meant to be played, sometimes you win, and other times you lose. That is all, thank you for your time and attention! Beer

PS: I do think the community has a role to play in making the game enjoyable and interesting for current and future players, but that's a conversation for another thread!
Elmindra View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 01:21
I especially love the fact of cries for diplomacy on one hand, and H? moving to take out any isolated combatants with immediate sieges on the other.  Really showing your hand there eh.
Meagh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 02:10
Originally posted by Aristeas Aristeas wrote:

that is exactly that what NC did since the war, without H? in the back doing anything against it (ok with me) or ending their alliance (there I can´t follow it anymore). Even now H? seems to have their hands over them and instead of aknowleding misdeeds by NC and distantiating themselves from them.

This is what surprises me honestly. Why do people think that H? exerts so much control over NC or why would people expect H? to annul their diplomatic agreement with them if they initiate conflict.

In every strategy mmo that i've played alliances were made so that each side maintains sovereignty - if one ally initiates a conflict without consulting the other then they stand alone in that conflict. Permission is not needed to be sought unless it is a joint venture. I can't imagine the "Coalition" to work differently.

That said, I do not imagine for a moment that H?'s influence with NC or lack thereof is the cause of this conflict. I do worry when so many of the many of the players who I consider pillars of the community in this game are in conflict with eachother. Whatever the outcome, the Illy landscape will morph into something completely different than the one I have enjoyed for so long. - M.
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 02:50
Originally posted by Elmindra Elmindra wrote:

I especially love the fact of cries for diplomacy on one hand, and H? moving to take out any isolated combatants with immediate sieges on the other.  Really showing your hand there eh.

You mean like the coordinated an concentrated attacks from Dark on our members in the west.

Touch of pot and kettle there dude.
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
ULYSSEUS View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 03:34
Actually Sisren I thought we had quite a bit to do with the resolution of the DARK/NC/Steel conflict. I was the leader of DARK at that time and you were the one who approached me with the information that H? was staying completely neutral in regards to the conflict.

Are you now telling us that H? was the savior of that conflict? Quite honestly, at the time, you were the one pushing for us to get involved militarily. After looking at the scenario, I eventually agreed that Steel needed help. So we acted, as you well know. My only regret concerning the Steel issue is that we showed too much restraint in dealing with NC. For that I will take the blame.

You are part of H?'s propaganda machine now, so I understand the spin cycle is in high mode, but if you seriously believe that H? resolved the DARK/NC/Steel conflict, then why do they now claim that they have no influence to do the same today? I think that is a bit strange.

DARK does not fight for revenge. I cannot vouch for the other alliances involved but I can vouch for DARK and it's leadership. We have always fought under the same basic principle of "Is it a just cause?". We feel this is a "just cause". So whatever the consequences, whatever the final outcome, The DARK Empire will fight to the very end, because to us, it is a "just cause".

I have always been the last one to advocate for war but it is upon us. I hope all fight with honor and dignity as befits a true warrior.

Some men die young, some men die old, but all men die.
Sisren View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 04:01
[QUOTE=ULYSSEUS]Actually Sisren I thought we had quite a bit to do with the resolution of the DARK/NC/Steel conflict. I was the leader of DARK at that time and you were the one who approached me with the information that H? was staying completely neutral in regards to the conflict.

Are you now telling us that H? was the savior of that conflict? Quite honestly, at the time, you were the one pushing for us to get involved militarily. After looking at the scenario, I eventually agreed that Steel needed help. So we acted, as you well know. My only regret concerning the Steel issue is that we showed too much restraint in dealing with NC. For that I will take the blame.

You are part of H?'s propaganda machine now, so I understand the spin cycle is in high mode, but if you seriously believe that H? resolved the DARK/NC/Steel conflict, then why do they now claim that they have no influence to do the same today? I think that is a bit strange.

DARK does not fight for revenge. I cannot vouch for the other alliances involved but I can vouch for DARK and it's leadership. We have always fought under the same basic principle of "Is it a just cause?". We feel this is a "just cause". So whatever the consequences, whatever the final outcome, The DARK Empire will fight to the very end, because to us, it is a "just cause".

I have always been the last one to advocate for war but it is upon us. I hope all fight with honor and dignity as befits a true warrior.

Uly,
Dark also *had* a method for declaring war...  yet you no longer use it.  Dark *had* quite a bit to do with the resolution... but it wasn't the only voice.
You really believe that NC just woke up one day and said - you know what, we will make peace with Dark...
Seriously?
Didn't you find it a bit odd?  Or should I see if I can find the IGMs from the time to remind you why peace was so rapid after NC said 'no way in hell - you declared war you will get a war'.  I'm sure the posts are still here in the Diplomacy area if you need a faster reminder...

As far as a 'just cause' -  4 alliances in the top 20 declaring war on 1 is beyond justice.  That is not giving to each what they deserve.  That is not fair, and it is not what Dark once stood for.  When it was Dark and NC, sure H? didn't interfere - they many times said they were not a police force, but they wanted fair fights.  When you lot decided to eradicate, eliminate NC, like a bunch of Daleks - that was a trigger points.

And I don't ever recall Dark 'fighting to the bitter end' when a solution can be found.  How yall have changed...

You honestly want to call down a storm?  Prepare to feel some thunder I guess...

And to say I am part of a proproganda machine...  that cuts deep.  You of all people know I speak openly and honestly.  I guess this rift is now complete between us.  I will no longer speak so well of Dark.  Maybe a brighter future can change that...

Good bye old friend.  You are still missed.  I lament this.

Edited by Sisren - 01 Nov 2013 at 04:03
Mr Damage View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 04:58
Firstly, lol at "Soup".  Secondly, I don't think anyone whined on the coalition side, I think it was Consone doing the whining.

Post a link and prove me wrong.

Yes our memories fade as we get older so don't blame you for not recalling such things, if my dodgy memory is correct i think you lambasted PoS for not declaring before marching troops too way back when.

Not to worry it was just an observation, so attacking without declaring on the target prior is ok now in yours and Hs' eyes then? Goodo, maybe Kumo was right, leopards can change their spots.......oops I mean people and their opinions do change. To suit the situation I wonder.......

Edited by Mr Damage - 01 Nov 2013 at 05:01
ULYSSEUS View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 05:13
Sisren, If there is any rift between us, it is one you have caused. We have always treated you fairly. I have always treated you fairly and with respect. It saddens me to see you take this road but so be it.

I never said we were the only "voice" in the conflict. I said we had quite a bit to do with it. Again if H? exerted influence to end it amicably "kudos to them". But why not then act likewise afterwards? Exert a bit of influence, not control, but a bit of big brotherly advice, so to speak, to NC?

As too our method of declaring "war" it has not changed and the process leading up to declaration is the same but you would not know that as you are no longer here to observe are you?

As to finding the IGMs and or forum posts, sure go ahead and look them up. I think you will find my position and DARKS are and have remained consistent up too and through Halcyons assuming leadership of the alliance. My observation is that they continue to this day. If your referring to a fancy posting in the forums then no we keep it a bit simpler but we still do it

As to NC being bullied by 4 of the top 10 alliances. I have to disagree, every alliance declaring against NC knew/knows the power behind them. It is this power that leads to the show of force being seen today. So lets not confuse the issue with melodrama about poor NC being ganged up on. Besides, I really think they relish the attention.

As to fighting to the "bitter end"? Yes, we will! it has always been so, this is why I was always reluctant to go to war in the first place, knowing the cost. If you did not know this then perhaps it is best you left us, old friend.

A spade is a spade, do you deny you are part of H?'s propaganda effort? Your posts would seem to contradict that position. It is not my wish to injure you, so if you desire to address it in another fashion I will gladly refer to it as such.

"prepare to feel some thunder"? Well I do not take kindly to threats, idle or otherwise. DARK does not take kindly to threats, no matter the origin. But I suppose, as food for motivation, you have just supplied some. Thanks.

As to speaking well of DARK. We never expected or asked you too. We stand on our own allowing our actions not words to define us. Nor have we ever allowed the actions or words of others to define who, and what we stand for. If we did then we would have already bowed to the dictates others have tried to impose upon us.

Take care old friend Unhappy.

Some men die young, some men die old, but all men die.
Deranzin View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 09:47
Originally posted by Tamaeon Tamaeon wrote:

No, lets NOT talk about how small alliances fight. illyriad is a strategy game, and people should be free to pursue their goals and interests without the expressed blessing of the self appointed arbiters of the Elgea.

I'm frankly tired of "going to H?" to get your opinion before moving a finger. I'm tired of your PR strategies, and your practice of dismissing everything as spin when it doesn't suit your opinion. If you really wanted to have a discussion about what's better for game, you should have done so long ago. Not when your own actions and policies are finally catching up to with you!

You've played the game, and you've made the wrong moves for your own selfish reasons. Now you're staring down a barrel, and you know your defeat is drawing near. There's no use in trying to control the narrative. Just accept your fate, and the inevitability of defeat. You've had a great run as the #1 alliance of the server, and now you're facing your biggest challenge yet. Will you fight like the farmer soldiers you are (lol), or continue these futile attempts at delaying the inevitable?

Wow ! What an honest outburst. I applaud you for doing away with the pretentious stuff about your alliance (I refuse to call what you turned it into by anything having "crow" in it) "protecting smaller alliances" and being "peace-loving" and stuff like that which other people that follow you ACTUALLY believe in.

You explicitly declare that you do not care about what happens to others, especially small alliances (bolded part 1).
And you clearly state that your goal is hunger/ambition for power driven by jealousy. (bolded part 2)

Bravo ! If anyone ever had any doubts about what is going on, you laid it out perfectly. Clap

Oh come on, do not blame your own need and ambition to have a go at finally "doing the trick", to your opponents. This is just silly. Tongue

I'm sure you know that this war won't take very long, and even if it does... the prospect of chasing each other around the map seems rather amusing! LOL

You will soon find out the obvious fact that facing other players in a good natured contest over the control of specific map spots during tournaments (when everyone piles troops on those spots and nowhere else ) is a totally different process of trying to hit live moving players and their whole alliances. Wink

If you weren't paying attention at the Consone War maybe you should ask some of your allies to debrief you on the process. Smile

And two things more, since you seem to find the coming war amusing (even if you do not seem to have been in one):

One:

One has to wonder how the members of your peaceful alliance, which you mostly gathered under the benevolent credo of "live long and prosper and maybe fight at tourneys", will feel and  think for dragging them into something that amuses YOU and furthers your OWN agenda.

It is a totally different thing to enlist at a military alliance where not only you are expected to tune up for war, but that is exactly the reason you went there in the first place and it is totally different to enlist in a "safe heaven" of an alliance under the wings of the most peaceful (and large) Coalition of the game and just play the game as you like in peace.

When I was in Tranquil Vision and Shakyala decided to leave the game in a "blaze of glory", I eventually quit the alliance feeling that they betrayed my peaceful intentions and that a leader leading an alliance called "peace", cannot drag us into war on a whim. But hey, maybe it is just me (but it is a fact that Tranquil Vision never got over that decision). 

Two:

As a person that likes history, you remind me of those total hypocrites that shout for war and more military service, when they themselves didn't serve in the army or do not have children to send to the war. But that is just my impression on your type of leadership.

Needless to say that the above are just my opinion, but hey, some people seem to not get it, so I have to repeat it again and again. LOL

Edited by Deranzin - 01 Nov 2013 at 09:48
Nokigon View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Historian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 09:53

o/ Kumo!

Here's my personal and honest opinion on your post...

THIS IS AN HONEST REACH OUT FOR PARLEY.

We have had a good conversation in GC and the bottom line is that most of the people in this war have an issue with NC.

Sorry Kumo, many many attempts were made at parley. It starts with someone taking an issue to H?, then directors either dismissing them as lies, spin or slander. After that a discussion about non-issues follows, and finally you issue a reminder about how friendly both parties are, and close with a thinly veiled threat.

This "method" of parley is evident even in this post. We even have a word for it; its called manipulation!

Ok. Let's talk about how small alliances fight. or Medium ones. Because almost everyone agrees that this game shouldn't stifle the ability for small or medium alliances to have fun wars?

I'm suggesting a parley to avoid the holocaust that is facing us. And I suggest Angrim as the mediator. (sorry for not asking you first, but you are the most neutral person I can think of that everyone respects!).

If this is truly about NC and people's impression of them as bullies, then let's get this all out on the table. In H?, we've always seen NC as a small ally who is having fun playing the game, and do not understand the huge backlash, but we want to listen to everyone's comments.

Can we not come to some sort of agreement where small/medium (and perhaps large) alliances can sometimes play the war aspects of this game without causing Armageddon.

No we can't, and we shouldn't. Its all in the game, and you need to accept this.
You tied your own fate to that of NC. By your own words, you said you would NEVER allow them to go down. You made your bet, and now you'll be "going down" with them!

Because, make no mistakes... if we go down this path without any diplomacy, we are going to be a perpetual bloodbath for the indefinite future... And I'm not sure that most of us want that...

in closing!

THIS IS AN HONEST APPEAL TO REASON.

Illyriad is simply a game. Games are meant to be played, sometimes you win, and other times you lose. That is all, thank you for your time and attention! Beer

PS: I do think the community has a role to play in making the game enjoyable and interesting for current and future players, but that's a conversation for another thread!

And people still believe that H? started this war? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 23>
  Share Topic