Topic ClosedDiscussing the Current War

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Salararius View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 13:39
Originally posted by Gragnog Gragnog wrote:

Ok, this is just confusing. Can someone with more patience and skill please just put up a list of who is on one side and who is on the other? Leave out the reasons for the war and just let everyone pick a side and get on with it. Grunts like me and most of the players probably do not really care who is right or wrong, just that someone hates someone else and now our hard produced troops are needed to go die for a cause that has no right or wrong. We all know cities are going to burn, players are going to get upset, and lots of time is going to wasted. Best thing is to try keep a sense humour, do not try to eradicate a player totally, and try have some fun through the whole thing.

Thumbs UpThumbs Up

The most honest H? post yet.  I don't care about you, you or you and your petty problems.  I just want to go to a virtual world and destroy virtual stuff and do so with all my peeps.

Pathetically myopic, but genuinely honest which is at least a start.

KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 15:14
Are you sure?  In the case of EE, it doesn't really seem like teaming up if they aren't even fighting the same people.

The plan was to declare on someone small and then cry foul when an ally came to their aid to garner sympathy and support to their side.  They kinda messed that up by forgetting that they signed an agreement not to be hostile to TVM and are basically going back on their word.

Shouldn't we not accuse people of things they haven't done yet?  The way you put it (that is, tauntingly) almost seems like you want them to pile on

I can see how it would look like that from where you are. However based on the recent discussions outside of GC/Forum it seems like it's pretty much a done deal - they might decide to chicken out, you never know. Besides, deflating any potential surprise announcement ahead of time is fun :)

I'm not sure they've been trying very hard.  Despite the messy business that was the Consone War, I can at least say this: back then, people knew how to vent on the forums and/or GC.

In public it's been reasonably quiet - just some abuse towards NC and H? in GC.  Behind the scene's it's been a lot more active.

I think it was the part about the opportunity to settle old grudges that resonated, since that seemed like a strange thing to say.

He says it was a hack though, huh?  Well, that's new news to me.  I suppose such a thing could be possible, but wouldn't he also be accusing someone in particular of such activity?

He accused H? in GC of hacking to try to deflect away from his screw up.  EE have grudges against both TVM and H? from the Consone war.  It's clear they only surrendered to get built back up to try again.

Edited by KillerPoodle - 28 Oct 2013 at 15:16
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
Aurordan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Player Council - Ambassador

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 16:27
Everyone's planning to attack you, and if they don't, it's because they chickened out?  It's simply not possible that these alliances might just not have any intentions to attack H?? (There's no good way to end a sentence with a word with punctuation in it, it there?)
Gragnog View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 07:57
Originally posted by Salararius Salararius wrote:

Originally posted by Gragnog Gragnog wrote:

Ok, this is just confusing. Can someone with more patience and skill please just put up a list of who is on one side and who is on the other? Leave out the reasons for the war and just let everyone pick a side and get on with it. Grunts like me and most of the players probably do not really care who is right or wrong, just that someone hates someone else and now our hard produced troops are needed to go die for a cause that has no right or wrong. We all know cities are going to burn, players are going to get upset, and lots of time is going to wasted. Best thing is to try keep a sense humour, do not try to eradicate a player totally, and try have some fun through the whole thing.

Thumbs UpThumbs Up

The most honest H? post yet.  I don't care about you, you or you and your petty problems.  I just want to go to a virtual world and destroy virtual stuff and do so with all my peeps.

Pathetically myopic, but genuinely honest which is at least a start.

Again with the big word plays. Why not just come out and say "Gragnog you are a moron who likes to play a war game, but at least you are honest about it". 
Kaggen is my human half
Darmon View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 08:23
Originally posted by KillerPoodle KillerPoodle wrote:

The plan was to declare on someone small and then cry foul when an ally came to their aid to garner sympathy and support to their side.  They kinda messed that up by forgetting that they signed an agreement not to be hostile to TVM and are basically going back on their word.

I'm guessing that was some sort of agreement involved in ending the Consone War.  Was there any sort of time-frame attached to that, or was it just like "never be hostile to TVM again, even if they try to provoke it" type of deal?

I'm not suggesting that's the case, just confused because the terms of the peace treaties were intentionally kept secret.  It seems a lot easier to win the public's support if people generally don't know that you're doing something you agreed not to.

Also, I suspect trying to dictate another alliance's politics through wars is a bad investment.  You know how that forbidden fruit always seems so much more delicious...

I can see how it would look like that from where you are. However based on the recent discussions outside of GC/Forum it seems like it's pretty much a done deal - they might decide to chicken out, you never know. Besides, deflating any potential surprise announcement ahead of time is fun :)

I wish people would announce things in here like they used to (I'm guessing those epic threads were a bit discouraging).  Or that there was some sort of visual aspect to current wars (where's that guy who made that crazy interactive war web when you need him?).  I'm guessing H?'s involvement will make staying out a lot harder for people that were already on the fence.

In public it's been reasonably quiet - just some abuse towards NC and H? in GC.  Behind the scene's it's been a lot more active.

Maybe I'm glad for that.  I don't usually go into GC anymore because during wartime that place very quickly becomes a nasty verbal brawl.  Which on the one hand, sheds a lot of light on what's going on with other alliances, but on the other is usually skewed wildly in favor of whoever is ranting at the moment.

He accused H? in GC of hacking to try to deflect away from his screw up.  EE have grudges against both TVM and H? from the Consone war.  It's clear they only surrendered to get built back up to try again.

So, is he saying that it wasn't him that made that post, or that it was supposed to be private?  My guess would be the first one, since the second is like "well, I'm sorry you saw that but not sorry I said it" which doesn't usually win people sympathy.

That aside, didn't other prominent people in EE respond in that thread?  So does that mean he wants people to believe that multiple accounts got hacked?  At some point it just becomes so far-fetched that it wouldn't be believable anymore.
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 12:42

There were no specific timelines mentioned but in many cases the discussions did touch on what would happen if a Consone alliance had just cause to re-enter conflict - in which case we agreed that was fine.  In fact in many cases we agreed that we would come to their aid if anyone tried to take advantage of their "weakened post war state" as one leader put it.   The point is moot however since Hath stated very clearly that this was revenge and has no additional cause.

He did not deny it - merely claimed that the exposure of his genuine post was a hack as a way to try to deflect people from paying attention to the message:  That Hath and others have been plotting for a big war for months.
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
Darmon View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 01:22

There were no specific timelines mentioned but in many cases the discussions did touch on what would happen if a Consone alliance had just cause to re-enter conflict - in which case we agreed that was fine.  In fact in many cases we agreed that we would come to their aid if anyone tried to take advantage of their "weakened post war state" as one leader put it.   The point is moot however since Hath stated very clearly that this was revenge and has no additional cause.

So, it's sort of a disagreement over what constitutes "just cause."  Do you imagine future peace agreements will touch on that point more specifically?  I mean, I assume Hath was the one that agreed to whatever settlement was reached, so it seems fairly strange for him to think that promoting it as a revenge war would be a good idea.  Maybe spelling it out a little more clearly wouldn't have helped, though.

He did not deny it - merely claimed that the exposure of his genuine post was a hack as a way to try to deflect people from paying attention to the message:  That Hath and others have been plotting for a big war for months.

Well, I saw the thread and didn't see anything from his PR team.  So clearly they need to work on their channels a little better.  I think it'll be interesting to see how long it takes to plan a successful war.  I mean, how many months of planning does it take to win one of these things?  Or do you suppose having that post leaked probably forced them to move up their timetable, and things won't be as fleshed-out as they planned?
JimJams View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 17:16
This thread is named "Discussing the current war".

Well here my comment.

IT SUCKS

People who I consider friends are around me with red flags.
Alliances who fought aside to us are now declaring on us (and I still don't understand why: I see Hatha plan but I still don't get why other are in...)

I am personally disappointed with a lot of people.

Not only, but any way it goes, any way it ends, in the end the majority of people in the game will have some hate against a lot of others. This server will have so many personal grunge and hate. So much it could even not survive.

bah, at least I am having trouble in RL which will make me forget about this mess.

bye
geofrey View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 18:37
Any cities lost?

ES2 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 18:56
Originally posted by geofrey geofrey wrote:

Any cities lost?

I believe Stop-Hammertime lost a city or two.
Eternal Fire
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic