FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDiscussing the Current War

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Myr View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 22:47
RE was left off the initial posting of alliances. Don't forget the littlest combatants!
Meagh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 01:28
Originally posted by Angrim Angrim wrote:

Originally posted by Halcyon Halcyon wrote:

btw, aren't dwarves supposed to be petty?
i think you mean pretty.

surly not...
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 01:38
Whatever you do don't call them Shirley.
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 02:47
/me gears up the brewing sov.

I look forward to mercilessly price gouging dealing fairly with you all in the sale of frothy beverages.
belargyle View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 03:12
Oh no you didn't KP.... OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!
Captain Kindly View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 04:25
I am going to watch The Longest Day now.

It has better drama than shown in here :P

Kumo might make a good Pluskat though.

j/k Kumo
Darmon View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 06:30
Originally posted by KillerPoodle KillerPoodle wrote:

It's pretty simple.  Ditto and Tama have a list of alliances who they think should be "dealt" with over some slight or other (mostly hot headed over-reaction after not getting their way from their own poor diplomacy). 

So they've teamed up with Valar and EE who have grudges to settle over the last war (and the one before in Valar's case).

Are you sure?  In the case of EE, it doesn't really seem like teaming up if they aren't even fighting the same people.  Or do you suppose they've divided the list up to make it more manageable?  I'm not really sure how long such a list would be; but if there were a lot of names, it might be better not to fight them all at once.

And finally Dark/Bane will probably join in because NC embarrassed Halcyon's bestie Malek in the Bane/NC war and also because Malek and Haly are drinking Ditto's "OMG NC are awful" koolaid.

Shouldn't we not accuse people of things they haven't done yet?  The way you put it (that is, tauntingly) almost seems like you want them to pile on...

So you have a bunch of folks who are engineering a war to suit their own purposes and have been desperately trying to spin it to get popular opinion on their side and hopefully get some more allies as backup for their aggressive aims.

I'm not sure they've been trying very hard.  Despite the messy business that was the Consone War, I can at least say this: back then, people knew how to vent on the forums and/or GC.  At least I had some idea of what was going on in global politics (even if both sides were churning out propaganda).  Now it's hard to care one way or the other, since it just seems like small-scale disagreements playing out.

Obviously it backfired quite a lot when Hath posted something in a public section of his forum about all the allies he had (most of whom had no idea they were his allies) and someone leaked it to GC. 

Hath, as we've seen before, is categorically incapable of admitting responsibility for anything and is now claiming it was a hack - which is a desperate attempt to deflect attention away from his pretty poor scheming.

I think I actually saw that thread, though I'm not sure I made much of it at the time.  I'm also not sure that the part about allies was the bit that stuck with me.  I think it was the part about the opportunity to settle old grudges that resonated, since that seemed like a strange thing to say.

He says it was a hack though, huh?  Well, that's new news to me.  I suppose such a thing could be possible, but wouldn't he also be accusing someone in particular of such activity?
AZADICAN View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 09:29
Originally posted by DeathDealer89 DeathDealer89 wrote:

Actually Darmon has the most amusing point.  Valar has been involved in all those wars.  

Perhaps we should start calling the wars Valar War 1 and VWII and VWIII

Simple naming convention :D
LOL 
This is the most amusing post I've ever seen. If only J.R.R. Tolkien was alive to see this, he would probably write a new bestseller: "The wars of Valar" LOL

Edited by AZADICAN - 28 Oct 2013 at 09:30
Gragnog View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 09:48
Ok, this is just confusing. Can someone with more patience and skill please just put up a list of who is on one side and who is on the other? Leave out the reasons for the war and just let everyone pick a side and get on with it. Grunts like me and most of the players probably do not really care who is right or wrong, just that someone hates someone else and now our hard produced troops are needed to go die for a cause that has no right or wrong. We all know cities are going to burn, players are going to get upset, and lots of time is going to wasted. Best thing is to try keep a sense humour, do not try to eradicate a player totally, and try have some fun through the whole thing.
Kaggen is my human half
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 12:58
Based on the diplomacy pages, a list for Gragnog (in rough order of time):

RE vs XckX
(TVM players join RE)
~NC~ vs XckX
ALT vs ~NC~
uCrow vs ~NC~
EE vs TVM

uCrow vs Tcol
vCrow vs Tcol
BSH, T-O, DB vs vCrow

So approximately it's RE, ~NC~, TVM, Tcol, DB, T-O, BSH fighting against XckX, ALT, uCrow, vCrow, EE.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic