Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMilitary for New Players

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 22:58
You don't get much out of military knowledge in the long run? What are you talking about? The most active big Illy players tend to be tournament fighters, and every big alliance has capable warfighters. Many more people hunt for hides and animal parts. The military aspect is an ingrained part of Illyriad, especially in the long run.

You are suggesting that new players might get bored, and that those with a military might attack smaller players out of boredom. Sure, that's possible. But you make it sound like 100% of bored new players might do that. How many attacks have you seen announced in GC this year? I've probably seen less than 10. I would bet that 99% of new players would happily hunt animals and earn experience, because that's exactly what you so in most MMORPGs.

If some jerk tried to siege a tiny newb for abusing 50 militiamen, I think you would see lots of big players step in to stop things from getting carried away. Persistent, deliberate trolls get sieged. The clueless newb skirmisher, not so much.
Tordenkaffen View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 16:45
You read my posts like the devil reads the Bible. New players don't benefit from raiding others - they get no resources worth mention, they get meager amounts of xp, they only make enemies to hinder them later on - Which is bad, and you'll have to excuse me if that isn't clear enough I cant be bothered to explain it to you.

DO AS YOU PLEASE - ITS YOUR ASS ON THE LINE!
"FYI - if you had any balls you'd be posting under your in-game name." - KP
twilights View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2013 at 18:14
current game play doesnt require players to have a military. maybe when factions come alive or we have pathfinding that will change things. personally i got tired of providing for a million spear army and have reduced it so i dont have to log in much. but people should play as they want and right now for me its all waiting for broken lands and hoping the game changes....signed a former warmonger that has accepted the play of the game...grins politely with white pearly teeth
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic