Author
GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 05Apr13 - Updates
    Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 00:46
Tournament Award Announcement
Announcement now says which region the award was received.

Tournament Summary
Graph for the Top 10 Alliances and how many Champions they have won over time has been added.

Tournament Square
Your Alliance's Armies On Square are now ordered by arrival time rather than departure time as this is the order that the rewards are given out so is a more useful layout from this perspective.

NAPs and Confeds
NAPs and Confeds were originally not suspended for the tournament squares. This was corrected, and the mis-stacked armies returned home. Unfortunately some combats occurred before we were able to repatriate all the armies; again we apologize for this.

Early Tournament Combats
The initial combats that occurred on the squares were not reported. These have now been added to the square's history.

Alliance Membership
Players were prohibited from quitting an alliance whilst on a tournament square, but not from being kicked from the alliance.  This has now been rectified for all tournament squares for the duration of the tournament.

Commander Equipment
In some circumstances Commanders could change equipment in the field, this is no longer the case.

Trade Hubs
If you tried to send a trader to a trade hub where your faction standing was too low to interact with, you would be prevented, but lose the trader. This has now been corrected and you will not lose the trader anymore.

Occupation Reports 
We've linked locations and towns in the occupy/siege/blockade IGMs to make it easier for you to find out what's going on

Edited by GM ThunderCat - 05 Apr 2013 at 00:59
Gnorfum View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 01:29
Great :) Thanks!
Learn how to play Illy and live in freedome: TOR-U
Grainne View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 01:53
To be honest I thought Commanders switching out equipment was a very fun and intentional feature; I am sad to see this go.  (In fact, I had hoped for a "Solunar" Tournament in light of our Midnight and Sun-Burnished armor!) I'm fairly certain there were "castle guys" who followed the Knights around with all manner of fancy armor and equipment, right?  Especially in times of Tournament.............  
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 02:39
Originally posted by Grainne Grainne wrote:

To be honest I thought Commanders switching out equipment was a very fun and intentional feature; I am sad to see this go.  (In fact, I had hoped for a "Solunar" Tournament in light of our Midnight and Sun-Burnished armor!) I'm fairly certain there were "castle guys" who followed the Knights around with all manner of fancy armor and equipment, right?  Especially in times of Tournament.............  

Hum.  It definitely wasn't intentional (hence the bugfix).

But I think your point is very well made, and maybe there's room for making swapping out Equipment in the field either a research and/or a commander skill.   We're not sure either way, and would welcome thoughts from you guys.

SC
Lagavulin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 03:00
I like this idea very much.  A commander would have a large baggage train of his own.
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 03:03
Originally posted by GM Thundercat GM Thundercat wrote:

If you tried to send a trader to a trade hub where your faction standing was too low to interact with, you would be prevented, but lose the trader. This has now been corrected and you will not lose the trader anymore.

Awesome. A lot of new traders got frustrated by that particular issue. Thanks for improving it!
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

maybe there's room for making swapping out Equipment in the field either a research and/or a commander skill.

That would be an awesome research. One immediate use case would be city reinforcement. Your riders and soldiers would ride out using light weapons, light armor and fast horses. Upon reaching your ally's city, you could swap your troops over to defense-optimized gear.

It does bring up secondary questions. Where would they get the fresh equipment? From your city inventory? Would the current equipment be moved back to your inventory? Or would you have to send all the gear with them from the start?

Even if that feature were only for commanders, it would still be really useful. Perhaps a Squire research item?
Grainne View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 03:10
I like that.  (Squire Research)  Obviously there would be a speed penalty for the army--something to "balance" the benefit.  Armies/Commanders travelled with a LOT of stuff--I do know that, for sure.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 03:27
Originally posted by Brandmeister Brandmeister wrote:

Perhaps a Squire research item?

Squires.... 

Now that's something I like a lot for both Lore and utility reasons.  

Let me ponder further, but btw this is - precisely - why our community is so awesome.

SC
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 03:33
good changes, thanks TC and SC.

I am not sure I like the idea of being able to switch out equipment while in the field.  I had always thought that part of the interest of the day/night armor was that you had to predict when it might be used -- either by sending for very limited, specific times or by using for a special event such as the last undead tournament.  I don't feel strongly about this, but I can see both sides of it.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 03:40
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

I had always thought that part of the interest of the day/night armor was that you had to predict when it might be used -- either by sending for very limited, specific times or by using for a special event such as the last undead tournament.  I don't feel strongly about this, but I can see both sides of it.

A very good point, well made, on the other side.  

Hum...

Will continue to ponder.  Keep it coming.

Best,

SC
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic