Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 31Mar13 Military Unit Production Time Adjustments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed31Mar13 Military Unit Production Time Adjustments

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
ickyfritz View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 31Mar13 Military Unit Production Time Adjustments
    Posted: 25 Jul 2013 at 20:11
My bad Sloter. Thanks for pointing that out.  Both numbers were wrong. The point should still ring true even more dramatically.

I have corrected.

Edited by ickyfritz - 25 Jul 2013 at 22:08
Sloter View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2013 at 13:02
Good point, that is why it is best to have both trueshots and sentinels in towns.Have 3-4k trueshots and 20-30k sentinels (if posible have also 30k t2 spear in same town for those reinf armor you mentioned).You will probably never have lets say 200k trueshots equiped with vanguard armor or some other weapon, so you can train t1 and t2 depending on how much you plan to equip.

Sentinels have 16 def against cav and trueshots 25 so reinf armor would give different bonuses then you mentioned.

ickyfritz View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 22:07
This post may will be past its expiration date given the release was awhile back, but I'd like to put in my 2 cents even if late.

I see this as the best of both world for referring to non cav T1/T2 units. Sentinels.. quick to build, potent in the field, fast and a great overrun unit (giving or receiving end).. Right up until you slap a piece of equipment on them... then values change.

Equipment bonuses are given as a percentage.  So who gets the biggest bounce T1 vs T2?  Add the cost in as well and I think the numbers will show a big difference.  A piece of equipment will have more value AND more effect if placed on the Trueshot over the Sentinal.

Example:
Reinforced armor -> 24% Cav Def -6% all other unit Def
If you're facing Cav you might want to consider it....
Sentinel Def goes from 16 to 19.84. Up 3.84 Def points (no modifiers)
Trueshot Def goes from 25 to 31. Up 6 Def points (no modifiers)

Presumably you bought or made the armor for the same amount. You get more bang per buck with the Trueshot than the sentinel.

I'm not saying not to equip sentinels (any T1)... I'm just saying I'd have to think really hard about it unless it was a commander or something.  Generally speaking, I'd go with the beefier unit for equipment.

One place I have violated that thinking, is equipping Swiftsteeds with elven thoroughbreds.  Ridiculously fast.

Edited by ickyfritz - 25 Jul 2013 at 22:07
st aug View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 02:24
job well done this is a great move. make troops faster is what this game needs. I understand not everyone wishes to fight with there troops and that's your right and you can play your game any way you wish. which makes this game cool. but give the same right to those who wish to use there troops to fight . they have the same right to play there game same as you. so let them fight and leave them alone when they do
Winter_Shard View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 03:55
Thank you for the replies KP, Rorgash and opk.

Good to know that these production numbers are feasible and something to look forward to when I sov more production.

When the announcement was made I already had 3 queues going and to my chagrin I did not note  the previous build time so took the GMs advice to de-lvl/re-lvl. Oh well!

Thank you for the comparison on orc infantry - I am rather fond of them Thumbs Up even if the blacksmith is the bottleneck.

opk View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 22:44
Originally posted by Winter_Shard Winter_Shard wrote:

The production time change from 1000 to 370 confuses me in terms of how many per minute can be made. My Level 20 barracks states I can make 19.46 per/hr or one every 3m 5 sec which is the same it was when queued.

I guess I am envious of a dwarf player who can build a Stalwart every 90 secs!

You didnt have to de-lvl/re-lvl, 19.46/h is already the new time (370) while it was 7.2 or so Kobold/h previously. I noticed 1000 or 370 arent exactly seconds, but divide it per 2 and you have seconds. 
370/2=185. 60h/(185sec/60min)= 19.459.

For the stalwart (T2 dwarf infantry-960), to produce 1 per 90 sec you need ((960/2)/90)-1 = 433% bonus; feasable yes, but totally idiotic. And Stalwart ar costy, less costy to produce T1 orcs infantry, which produce as much attack/h as Stalwarts, for only 1 sword and 1 chain. Though, less costy is not totally true, as 1 unit asks les weapons, but you produce almost 2 fangs for 1 stalwart, and 2 fangs cost 2sw and 2 chain, while 1 stalwart costs 1 beer, 2 sw, 1 ch and 1 plate. So in tems of prod/h fangs suffer a bit more of the fact that sw and ch are produced non-simultaneously by the same building, than stalwarts.

Old Penitent Knight
Rorgash View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 18:34
at 264% its 51s ^.^  ( i havent looked at side 10 and i plan on leaving it a mystery)
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 18:19
At 193% production bonus and level 20 barracks for Kobold Cohorts I see:

"Base time" = 3m 5s (19.46/h)
"Prod Time" = 1m 4s (56.25/h)

Does that help?

KP
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
Winter_Shard View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 06:04
Not me I play orcs ... though a player on GC said they could make a stalwart in 90 secs perhaps with sov as you say ;) .

Seems they were stretching the truth ... those dwarfs are short after-all and need all the help they can get.

DeathDealer89 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 02:36
I could be wrong but I show stalwarts taking 8 minutes.  So unless you happen to have 1000% sov you can't build Stalwarts that fast.

Course if you have 1000% sov then you can build whatever you want and an absurd speed.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic