illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGoing rates for trades?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Malex View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Going rates for trades?
    Posted: 10 May 2010 at 06:43
What, exactly, are the going rates for trades in Illyriad?

I understand that with the last release, points for trades changed -- i.e. getting the better deal results in more points.

But what, specifically, is considered a "good deal"?  How many resources are considered adequate compensation for animals, weapons, and other wares?  (And, yes, I've been reviewing offers on the marketplace for a few weeks -- I know what *I* consider a good deal, but not what the controllers/caretakers of Illyriad have based their system on, and I can't seem to find anything in the forums.)

Seems rather not fair to award points based on system that no one has explained.
waylander69 View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 08:38
There are no 'going rates' for trades...a good rate is whatever you wish to take in return for the goods on offer. 
Take into account what it takes to make a cow for example and factor that into a deal when putting it out to offer as most people dont they want 20 cows or armor for 100 wood...not a chance or its people bumping a second account.
There should be a min amount you can offer to get something in return that way it will stop stupid deals clogging up the market place.
Malex View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 09:25
Agreed that there should be a way to get some of these ridiculous trades -- a time limit maybe?  Or maybe sorting trade offers by age and distance with the oldest at the bottom?

I'm not overly concerned with rankings, but awarding more points for "better trades" -- based on what, exactly?  If, for example, I trade 100 resources for 1 spear, will I gain trade points, and who got the better deal?

Basically, how are the winners and losers of deals decided? 

justme1122 View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 17:41

I know this is in the wrong place but,

The way i see it markets have little point mainly because its to hard to find what you want though all the in house alliance trading and push account trading.

I think the whole market would work a whole lot better if their was 1 or 2 key reasource, ie "GOLD and COWs" (two because 1 cow is currently worth around 50-100food).  The market page could then let you set your max distance for trade and then show whats on offer starting with the cheepest. 

Tarantio View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 17:32
"push account trading" .....what really, you mean 1 gold coin for 10 armour 10 sword 10 cows 10 beer etc tc etc etc isnt a good deal??????, I just thought some players had loads of things they didnt actually want and could afford to give them away, wonder if anyone actually checks the dealing that goes on in the market without a requirement for something to be reported, hmmmmmm
Ramza View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 18:06
it is rediculous.  Livestock or horses cannot be converted into a price of gold or resources because of the time it takes to produce them.  Plus saddles and leather armor take the cattle plus production time.  I think that advanced goods should only be traded for other advanced goods with similiar time values attached to them.  Like horses for cattle.   Leather armor is actually more expensive than chainmail or plate mail when you think about it.

Maybe they are worth the base resources plus 500 gold per hour to produce them at level 1 building rates.
Tarantio View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 18:37
I disagree, I think anyone should be able to trade anything with anyone else.HOWEVER there definately NEEDS to be some type of market police to scrutinise dodgy looking deals and ensure there isnt pushing occurring, some of th offers I see on there a damn right ridiculous, but someone seems to be taking them and I seriously doubt its all inter alliance trading either.

I think a good idea would be a column beside the offers where you could scroll up and down and see when a trade occurred, who purchased what from who, that way if dodgy deals occurred you could spot them a mile away :-) and identify the recurring culprits (of course this idea would also prove that a deal was inter alliance helping hands so to speak)
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 20:44
Originally posted by Ramza Ramza wrote:

Leather armor is actually more expensive than chainmail or plate mail when you think about it.

Disagree.  The limiting factor and thus the worth of something is how many can be produced in a day vs how many you need to consume for building units. Your Blacksmith has to produce swords *and* chain while the tannery just has to produce leather armor. 

Chainmail is worth more than leather because of it's relative scarcity of production.
WildBill View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 07:50
I half agree with you KillerPoodle about the amount you can produce in a day, I know i'm trying to catch my swords up to the amount of armor I have.  But you have to take into consideration all the other items you have to build that require cows.   I have a fairly high level common ground, but I never have enough cows to split between producing leather armor, saddles, and siege blocks.  Plus you need them to cast spells.  So of all the types of armors, I find the leather armor to be the most valuable, and the plate to be the least.
xilla View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 11:18
Originally posted by Ramza Ramza wrote:

it is rediculous.  Livestock or horses cannot be converted into a price of gold or resources because of the time it takes to produce them.  Plus saddles and leather armor take the cattle plus production time.  I think that advanced goods should only be traded for other advanced goods with similiar time values attached to them.  Like horses for cattle.   Leather armor is actually more expensive than chainmail or plate mail when you think about it.

Maybe they are worth the base resources plus 500 gold per hour to produce them at level 1 building rates.

But isn't that precisely the point? The time it takes to produce them is valued differently by everyone. Who is to say anyone's time is equal (or not) to anyone else's time (or idea of value of time)? Besides, someone might not have even researched the tech yet, which would make the stock even more valuable to them. Or vice versa;they might be getting rid of over-produced stock. Thats one very important factor: how badly do you want this stock? Just casually creating a small army, or desperately scraping resources to build any kind of force to repel the thieving hordes?

It just wouldn't work with someone's arbitrary declaration on how much value an item has. You might be willing to pay twice that to get it in a fraction of the time. This is what trade is all about. Do you think that back in the day, good deals were hampered because of peoples limited ability to value unsimilar items? No, trades were negotiated in all different manners, it all depends on your perception of the value of the items being traded.

Wanted to mention supply and demand too. I'm sure when the server gets fuller there wil be more trades going about and if we could get a tracker up or something, that shows like the weekly and monthly average price in base stock that advanced resources go for or something like that (basic resources are essentially a 1:1 value dependant upon the need of the traders, so they don't need to be monitored). Plus the ability to flag a trader with outrageous trades so you could maybe after some time demote his/her trades to the bottom of the list or blacklist them altogether.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic