FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosednCrow Ursor Directive

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
Auraya View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 19:28
I'd like to do what I always try to do with threads of this nature and put things into a rl perspective. If a guy was sitting in a bar and some other guy walked in and punched him with 20 other guys as back-up.. would you think that was right? If the police walked in and took the aggressor away, would you complain and fight for the rights of that guy who punched a dude who was minding his own business? 

Maybe some people would but I think 99% of people would not want to live in that community. So it is in Illyriad. We have no government or police force to stop people acting like this but as a community, most of us try to ensure that if people mind their own business then they will be protected. That is what makes Illyriad special. If you want to be a bully, there are plenty of other places that is accepted. I congratulate and offer my full support to what nCrow is trying to do here. Active players who have done nothing to deserve hostile actions should and will be protected. 

As for who owns what.. no player owns anything in Illyriad. We do not own our accounts, our villages, our sovereignty, our military, our resources, nothing. The Devs reserve the right to take anything from us as they see fit - it is their game, on loan to us. If you truly believe you own anything in this virtual world, you are sadly deluded.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 19:28
Originally posted by abstractdream abstractdream wrote:

That was actually a rhetorical question...

Sometimes even a foolish question is worth an answer.
geofrey View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 20:02
After reading the comment i'm a little confused...

So is this only Ncrow acting, or is the Crow confederation backing NCROW? 

Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 20:10
This reflects the policy of nCrow.  We have neither sought nor received any assurances from our fellow Crows with regard to either our specific policy in Ursor nor the philosophy behind it.  Some of our fellow Crows may share our opinions, others may not.  You'd have to ask them.
Aurordan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Player Council - Ambassador

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 20:25
Originally posted by Auraya Auraya wrote:

As for who owns what.. no player owns anything in Illyriad. We do not own our accounts, our villages, our sovereignty, our military, our resources, nothing. The Devs reserve the right to take anything from us as they see fit - it is their game, on loan to us. If you truly believe you own anything in this virtual world, you are sadly deluded.

...Do you not get that this is a role playing game, or just hate fun?
geofrey View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 20:43
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

This reflects the policy of nCrow.  We have neither sought nor received any assurances from our fellow Crows with regard to either our specific policy in Ursor nor the philosophy behind it.  Some of our fellow Crows may share our opinions, others may not.  You'd have to ask them.

Rill, Thanks for clarifying. 

Is there any rare resources only found in Ursor?

Mona Lisa View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 21:07
Originally posted by geofrey geofrey wrote:

Is there any rare resources only found in Ursor?

I have been called a rare find,  but alas I can also be found in Qaro and Tamarin in addition to Ursor...
Myr View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 23:01
I just want to throw out another option for leaders of a large alliance that come across a player being attacked who doesn't want to be. I have recently run across this situation a couple of times and I first got both sides of the story for myself instead of blindly following what I was told. In both instances the players were no more than a couple months old. I taught the players under attack how to build and use their troops to get the best of their attacker. In both instances the player under attack was successful, one of them joined my alliance and is becoming a great player.

I am not posting this to take a stand on either side of the issue. I don't have first hand information so I can't say which side I agree with. I just wanted to remind everyone that there are other ways to use your experience in the game to help someone become a successful player.
Auraya View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 23:25
Originally posted by Aurordan Aurordan wrote:

Originally posted by Auraya Auraya wrote:

...Do you not get that this is a role playing game, or just hate fun?

That it is a game was exactly the point I was making. The only thing you own here are your actions and your words. It is by those and not your account that you will be judged. Being underhanded, trying to bully others.. these things do not instil long time friendships nor earn anyone's respect. Why throw away the things you can keep for a few pixels which you can't?
Darkwords View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 23:29
This is not simply the case of an unalligned player being attacked by another player, it is unalligned players being attacked individually by an alliance.  No matter how well you advise/train them you can not save them without stepping in.

I commend nCrow on taking this stand.  As for the Crow alliance being behind this; what Rill points out is true, they have not come to the Crowfed seeking support on this matter, however I am sure that most in the Crowfed would support them given the situation at hand.  I for one have a city in the middle of Ursor and I would not stand for ANY alliance forcing others out so that they can dominate that land.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic