Topic ClosednCrow Ursor Directive

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Brids17 View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 13:29
Originally posted by Ossian Ossian wrote:

Great title for a movie. Don't you think?

(puts on deep movie announcer voice)
The bad guys were looking for defencless newbe settlers to bully and pull faces at...but they found:
"THE URSOR DIRECTIVE"

Starring (EOM) Harry as ................................................ Jason Bourne Wink

xD Amazing what big pink letters can do. 
Mayflower View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 13:30
lol!
Cilcain View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 17:28
So why don't you encourage these non-aligned players to join your alliance?  Or at least form a new alliance in confed with yours?  That would make things a little clearer....
Darkwords View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 17:38
How many confeds do you expect us to take on, The Crows would end up housing half of illy.
Le Roux View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 18:23
Originally posted by Cilcain Cilcain wrote:

So why don't you encourage these non-aligned players to join your alliance?  Or at least form a new alliance in confed with yours?  That would make things a little clearer....

I do not quite understand why there would be any lack of clarity,  it just boils down to a suggestion that it may be unwise to wantonly send eviction notices to innocent, non-aggressive people in Ursor.   Just a proposition that empire building within Ursor through threat or intimidation may well be more hazardous to the prospective intimidator than they might have realized.

If you are not sending those eviction notices, then Harry's post does not apply to you . . .
roughneck View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 19:48
Originally posted by Hadus Hadus wrote:

Originally posted by roughneck roughneck wrote:

Originally posted by Mona Lisa Mona Lisa wrote:

And here I thought the Illyriad Peace Patrol didn't exist. I guess it's play our way or else after all.

Well, I think anyone may play anyway they so choose, just like in all things, certain choices have certain consequences.  I think Harry's post just pointed out the ... consequences.  It is a sandbox afterall . . .

So rather than the IPP it's more like playground monitor? Confused

This is what roughneck is saying: It's okay to use power to get what you want from weaker players, but it's not okay to stand up for the weaker players when they get attacked. The aggressors get to choose their targets, and the targets have to play by their rules or face ridicule.

It's like when a schoolyard bully takes advantage of his size and strength to pick on smaller kids, but when they get help from an adult they are labeled "tattle tails" and picked on. It's an insult on the surface level, but it's actually just whining and complaining from the bullies who are upset that they aren't in control.

"Play our way or don't play at all" is exactly what the aggresive Ursor players are doing by forcing exile, and it is ironic and hypocritical that you would call out nCrow for this and not them.

So who are the bullies, now? The alliance in question or the one that's trying to bully them into "playing fair"? Confused
Arakamis View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 20:10
so, we need to have a bully in every action?

The alliance in question chose to get rid of some towns in their area, another alliance stood up against this.

Everyone has their motives and and it is not up to you to put labels on people/alliances. If you really care that much send out your armies instead of writing/whining here.

Edited by Arakamis - 04 Feb 2013 at 20:11
Hadus View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 20:21

Originally posted by Hadus Hadus wrote:

Originally posted by Mona Lisa Mona Lisa wrote:

And here I thought the Illyriad Peace Patrol didn't exist. I guess it's play our way or else after all.

Well, I think anyone may play anyway they so choose, just like in all things, certain choices have certain consequences.  I think Harry's post just pointed out the ... consequences.  It is a sandbox afterall . . .

So rather than the IPP it's more like playground monitor? Confused

This is what roughneck is saying: It's okay to use power to get what you want from weaker players, but it's not okay to stand up for the weaker players when they get attacked. The aggressors get to choose their targets, and the targets have to play by their rules or face ridicule.

It's like when a schoolyard bully takes advantage of his size and strength to pick on smaller kids, but when they get help from an adult they are labeled "tattle tails" and picked on. It's an insult on the surface level, but it's actually just whining and complaining from the bullies who are upset that they aren't in control.

"Play our way or don't play at all" is exactly what the aggresive Ursor players are doing by forcing exile, and it is ironic and hypocritical that you would call out nCrow for this and not them.

So who are the bullies, now? The alliance in question or the one that's trying to bully them into "playing fair"? Confused

In reality, neither. Both are using their military power to influence the game. This is the essence of the power dynamics in Illyriad.

All I was saying is that if you really believed in allowing everyone to play their way, you would have called out both nCrow AND the alleged Ursor aggressors. Instead you showed disdain for nCrows actions while inferring that you accepted the unnamed alliance's actions, even thought both were "guilty" of the same thing.

At least, that's what I inferred from your tone in your initial post.
twilights View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 20:33
do u enforce a dress code in that region too? can i wear makeup? do others call u mom and dad? is there a time out room for misbehaving? things sound alot more liberal there than the west, i might want to move there so i never have to worry cause its like stepford wives...i love planned communities.
Le Roux View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 20:43

Perhaps you need to let us understand what your definition of bully is? Easy to be a troll and hide behind an alias and simply be a contrarian for the sake of contrariness   ( was there not a classic Monty Python skit on the subject ? )

In any event ..

If a first party exerts influence over an unwilling second party...

.. and a third party upon hearing of this, acts to end that influence ...

... certainly if there is adequate outrage over the third party's actions, they too will feel the wrath of the broader community ...  if the broader community sees the action as no issue ...  then nothing else happens...

Kind of a self correcting system, all are free to act as they wish,  if something bothers someone else, they are free to step in to alter it, with the understanding that they too must live with the consequences ...  kind of like life . . . 

It could very well be all of this is now moot, and nothing will ever come of any of it.  Other than of course providnig fodder for yet another Illy forum troll.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic