Topic ClosednCrow Ursor Directive

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Tyrande Whisperwinds View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Topic: nCrow Ursor Directive
    Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 12:22
I just had to register to comment on this,as i can't believe what some ppl wrote in this thread so far.

Too many words and too much ambiguity just confuses people.  Why not just say what you mean in simple language?

"nCrow claims a protectorate over Ursor.  No one may attack anyone else in Ursor against our wishes. If you disobey us you will be punished severely."

You can flower it up, but honestly that is what you are saying.

And what is the other alliance doing? If i go with your "no flowering it up theory" we can just state that:
"XXX alliance claims owership of Ursor. Leave or we will destroy you."
As for minding our own business.. doesn't this happen in RL all the time as well? Is the UN called to intervene only when it's states are being attacked? No.
(not comparing NCrow to UN in any way, shape or form, just wanna give an example)
I am a middle size player by now.. Why was i allowed to grow?
Because i had stability. No one was forcing me to move out of my spot every now and then. How can other players have the same opportunity if ppl keep picking on them?
Question is: would YOU have liked the same treatment when YOU were nothing else than a newbie with a couple of cities?
And pls, don't come up with the "join a bigger alliance if you want protection" argument.
They are not picking on ppl because they have no alliance. They are doing it because they can. I doubt the hostilities would stop if any of those players decided to join a small sizes alliance.

Note: sorry for my bad EnGrisH.. This is so NOT my native language.

Edited by Tyrande Whisperwinds - 02 Mar 2013 at 12:23
tansiraine View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 04:02
Originally posted by Grainne Grainne wrote:

I do believe Airborne was messaged to cease his hostilities and his answer was:  No.  (Maybe another of the 11 who were on can affirm?)  As well, this was not the first player he had targeted--it was the third.  His cities still stand--I have no knowledge of anyone planning to treat him as he has treated others (3 sieges at one go, 12+ blockades, etc.).  Myself and another player from my alliance decided to act upon learning Airborne had attacked, without provocation, two other players, twice before.  The gun-boating was glorious; I ended up killing a ratling (one) on a blockade tile.  Airborne's cities still stand, days later--pretty sure if we didn't want "people like him" playing he'd be gone by now as quickly as everyone responded.  

I have dealt with this player with 2 of the incidents  first with a Cave member the weekend we lost Durc.. and the second most recently when I went to GC to make it public cause of it being the 2nd time in 2 months with this behavior.  Airborne's latest victim is now a member of Cave but was unaligned at the time of conflict, GC did stand up to the bullying and made me proud that even during war people were willing to help someone that was in need.  Airborne would not have stopped I had the IGM that stated so.  Until GC stepped in and there was inbound to Airborne's city he refused to recall his sieges on 3 of the persons cities.  This player was quiet and liked playing with out being forced to join an alliance.  i am happy he found a home in Cave but is it fair that he had to join an alliance to stop random attacks with no provocation?
Hadus View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 21:22
I can't help but think of this:

I think King Arthur would sympathize with Sigurd.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 20:17
"The Truth is plainly visible even to a simpleton: King Sigurd is naught but a weak, craven and venal heir to murder, who dances as a puppet on the strings of a 'Council' that speaks for none but themselves. "

Hail the Undying Flame!

Edited by Rill - 08 Feb 2013 at 20:18
Darmon View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 19:48
Originally posted by jikeltine jikeltine wrote:

Illy is not an anarchy. I learned that on my first day here when I received a gift from King Sigurd.

Now apologize to our more-often-absent-than-present King.

"[Elgea] has no king.  [Elgea] needs no king."
jikeltine View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 17:19
Illy is not an anarchy. I learned that on my first day here when I received a gift from King Sigurd.

Now apologize to our more-often-absent-than-present King.
RatuJone View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2013 at 18:32
Kumo, wake up!!!  You'll get sunburned ;)
I'm pretty Harmless, really :)
ES2 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2013 at 13:46

You have it exactly right

Edited by ES2 - 07 Feb 2013 at 13:47
Eternal Fire
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2013 at 05:01
Illy is an anarchy. The community has decided on a relatively peaceful coexistence, but it's still composed of fluid tribes with varied goals. Since it's a game of pretend, I think it's fine that some people want to play as black hats, or warlords, or whatever they wish. But the white hats outnumber them here, and anyone who fails to take that into account is a poor warlord indeed. There is no right or wrong way to play an anarchy, except if people start taking it personally above the game.

As an aside, I do find it amusing when people argue that solitary military force is a Right in these sorts of games. It's equally valid that people pursue survival and safety by cultivating friendships with other players. Everyone has an ability to interfere on some level, regardless of whether or not you think they have the right. In that regard, this little microcosm of anarchy is just like the real world.
Sliveen View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2013 at 04:36
I am saddened to see these types of threads. I cannot possibly know all the nuances of other's comments in relationships with player v. player or alliance v. alliance, as I have only been in the game for less than half a year. 

My hesitation in understanding this situation at hand; is the historical perspective which has not included any glimpse of diplomacy between any over reaching alliances with protectorship alliances. In other words, before this thread came about, was any attempt made by ncrow to resolve this diplomatically in IGM before bringing this to the Illy community?

I worry for the idea that diplomacy is the true victim in this announcement and any repercussions that are perceived or felt by any members of Illy. I also wonder to the possible far-reaching effects such a role as this will create in that region for confed  alliances of all involved in each action that takes place. This could embroil that region in a bitter and long enduring set of battles. 

On another note I would like to address a comparison that Auraya wrote. She compared a person entering a bar and picking on a little guy and cop stopping the action. That is not really a realistic comparison of the proposed actions that could take place. 
I think it would be more like John Wayne walking into the bar and getting into a fisticuffs with the perceived bully instead of a law man.

Otherwise, what we are doing is allowing one alliance to become a self-described sheriff in town without election. Now that may be, as the crow confed is quite large and may have the army power to take on such a job, but how does that change for better or worse, the landscape of Illy as a community? Notwithstanding, the obvious advantage to a regional manipulation of markets if a resource is primary to that area, then one must ask if it really makes any sense to land baron certain areas, anyway. 

Finally, in the truest sense of the definition of sovereignty, the individual is in fact his own sovereign state. To arbitrarily believe that might or moral is justifications for forcing anyone to move when they have not broken the overall Illy standards of 10 square seems rather short sighted in the long term affects of alliances and memories of players.

This last thought is perhaps my first and foremost reason in believing that all alliance must eventually take to diplomacy regardless of how dark or military they be. 

That's all I have on this.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic