Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Announcement: Broken Lands Expansion!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 19>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GM Luna View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster
Community Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Luna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 22:31
Think of BL as a land expansion. The lands are separated, yes, but your account is still the same. The account is what belongs to the alliance, not the towns. 

Luna
GM Luna | Illyriad Community Manager | community@illyriad.co.uk

geofrey View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geofrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 23:10
Any new craftable items, magic spells, or trainable units?

Will faction quests be available in Elgea?

lethargic0N3 View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lethargic0N3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 23:13
So should most of your current alliance decide that up to 10 cities is enough.. that they are not interested in the new lands.. you will have to make a choice to stay with your alliance that has little presence on the new server, opps I mean new land or leave and find an alliance with a presence on both

Edited by lethargic0N3 - 31 Jan 2013 at 23:14
blazingwolfeyes View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazingwolfeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 23:25
Originally posted by GM Luna GM Luna wrote:

Think of BL as a land expansion. The lands are separated, yes, but your account is still the same. The account is what belongs to the alliance, not the towns. 

Luna

the option to use all four races is not available with the BL expansion?

the player has a maximum of two accounts not four
each account has a maximum of 10 cities on BL and 10 cities on Elgea
name, race, alliance, prestige of each account are the same on BL and Elgea
any town settled in the peaceful zone on BL can not be attacked
resources can not be transferred from Bl to Elgea or Elgea to BL

your reputation follows you, so if you harm a player on BL, expect retribution on both BL and Elgea or vice versa

Grainne View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grainne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 23:33
Thank you, Luna for answering our questions.  
Yeesha D'ni View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yeesha D'ni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 23:35

You can have 2 game accounts. Each game account can have 10 cities on Elgea and 10 on Broken Lands if they want. 

Luna

Possible partnership breaks, nervous breakdown, Illy break .... I can foresee lots of breaks Tongue then with xxx cities on different continents in totally different contexts.
To be serious: I am not happy about those broken continent idea. Hope there will be a way to interact between. As you usually play one identity, have your friends and your Ally ingame, but dealing with too many construction areas doesn't help anybody, quite the reverse, it could lead to Illyriad tiredness, RL timestress (most of us work and have families), confusion in micromanagement and cities loosing meaningfulness.
Those two continents need a connection, as nobody can be in 2++ allies without going crazy. Illyrian virtual life will probably loose consistency.
And concerning those HTML 5 map. It's awesome. Hope we can find a way to get this feature without loosing all Ipad  users. Maybe HTML 5 as an optional feature (2D and 3D mode).
But all in all: can't wait this update.... sooner then soon!

Loud Whispers View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loud Whispers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 23:44
Originally posted by Yeesha D'ni Yeesha D'ni wrote:

I am not happy about those broken continent idea. Hope there will be a way to interact between.

The devs have acknowledged this, and hinted towards the long awaited BOAAATSSS (and other odd dirigibles) to possibly fill in this niche in a future date.

And magic wars can still be fought between people in the Southern Elgean islands and the Northern Broken Land islands!
Yeesha D'ni View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yeesha D'ni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 23:57
Originally posted by Loud Whispers Loud Whispers wrote:

I am not happy about those broken continent idea. Hope there will be a way to interact between.

The devs have acknowledged this, and hinted towards the long awaited BOAAATSSS (and other odd dirigibles) to possibly fill in this niche in a future date.

oh, they hinted boats? Don't know when and where they did (maybe in their draft 2010), although I would be glad about that. But as the devs days only have 24 hours as well, I don't know, when they want to develop them and a possible difficult pathfinding scripting. But maybe harbours and fix (and expensive) boat transfers would be an idea (with a limitation on baggage as gold and ressources). So many possibilities to realize kind of (controlled)  interaction.
Oh, I would love to have trade relations between that countries, maybe with different goods, only available on one continent, or faction related (like the Parlanese or the Kingdom of Tal), who sail the seas.
We'll see....
Janosch View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 00:58

You can have 2 game accounts. Each game account can have 10 cities on Elgea and 10 on Broken Lands if they want. 

Luna

Possible partnership breaks, nervous breakdown, Illy break .... I can foresee lots of breaks Tongue then with xxx cities on different continents in totally different contexts.
To be serious: I am not happy about those broken continent idea. Hope there will be a way to interact between. As you usually play one identity, have your friends and your Ally ingame, but dealing with too many construction areas doesn't help anybody, quite the reverse, it could lead to Illyriad tiredness, RL timestress (most of us work and have families), confusion in micromanagement and cities loosing meaningfulness.
Those two continents need a connection, as nobody can be in 2++ allies without going crazy. Illyrian virtual life will probably loose consistency.
And concerning those HTML 5 map. It's awesome. Hope we can find a way to get this feature without loosing all Ipad  users. Maybe HTML 5 as an optional feature (2D and 3D mode).
But all in all: can't wait this update.... sooner then soon!

I largely agree to this statement including the great 3d features. Even running two accounts with ten cities each is too much (at least for me). Adding a new server/separate world or a new continent to the same world is a great step. But doing some mixture out of it sounds like a bad idea to me. I have settled all my cities relatively close together. not interested in starting a new totally separate hub/game.

If the set-up is as it sounds like, most players and alliances will (have to) choose between the old and the new continent. That opens the questions what active players in the new world do that entirely want to migrate to the new world. They need to abandon their accounts and create new ones? Or do they need to ask other players to take over all their cities?

I see particularly smaller players and new players join the new continent. This will particularly weaken small alliances and lead to a reduced inflow of new players (=less chances for small/new alliances to grow). Not sure, if that will really benefit the established part of Illyriad.

However, we will see how things develop.
You like Democracy? Join the Old Republic!
Nikon View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 01:58
i dont think im understanding this correctly....

will the same alliances be the same in both elgea and broken lands? we wont have to join a new alliance or create a new one in the expansion?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 19>
  Share Topic