Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Announcement: Broken Lands Expansion!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GM Luna View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster
Community Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Luna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 18:25
Originally posted by KillerPoodle KillerPoodle wrote:

Nice - which Hollywood superstar did you find for the video voiceover?

Well, King Sigurd of course. ;)

Luna
GM Luna | Illyriad Community Manager | community@illyriad.co.uk

Epidemic View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epidemic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 18:26
From what I read you can't send troops/diplos between continents, so its safe to say there are no benefits to being on both continents. You can play on just one continent and not worry about falling behind from not expanding, correct?
geofrey View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geofrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 18:28
Thanks for the update. 

Seems Faction AI and new Quest system are being deployed the same time as the new continent. 

512 new technological researches is a lot. Can you give us a little bit more detail about what those pertain to... Quest related? Faction related? Magic related? 

geofrey View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geofrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 18:29
Originally posted by Epidemic Epidemic wrote:

From what I read you can't send troops/diplos between continents, so its safe to say there are no benefits to being on both continents. You can play on just one continent and not worry about falling behind from not expanding, correct?

I agree with your sentiment. It seems the only big benefit of being on both continents is you get to maximize the amount of cities you manage, and you get to experience both continents worth of quest lines. 

Rorgash View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rorgash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 18:32
Alot of will start building on the new side to conquer the world :D
Starry View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 18:33
This is exciting news and thank you Dev Team!!   :)
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM ThunderCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 18:36
Originally posted by abstractdream abstractdream wrote:

WebGL, I assume means no more iPad play? I guess my days here are numbered then...
If WebGL is not supported (or desired) it will fallback to the current map interface.
geofrey View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geofrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 18:50
Maybe if we list enough solid questions the devs will dedicate some time to answering a few!

- With new 3d world map, will we be getting 3d cities aswell? 

- The website list 512 technologies to research, is this just the current # or is this new technologies for the expansion? 

- Will Elgea be forgotten as all new stuff is done to the Broken Lands? 

- How many silversteel mines will be in Broken Lands?... and if you can PM me the locations that'd be great.

- Why would a player want to manage a set of cities on each continent if they can not work together? 

- Factions and a new quest system seems to be rolling out whenever B.L. drops. Any other new systems that will be deployed with Broken Lands?

geofrey View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote geofrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 18:50
Originally posted by GM ThunderCat GM ThunderCat wrote:

Originally posted by abstractdream abstractdream wrote:

WebGL, I assume means no more iPad play? I guess my days here are numbered then...
If WebGL is not supported (or desired) it will fallback to the current map interface.

Thanks TC. all you 2d folks can rejoice. 

Darmon View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 19:00
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>
  Share Topic