illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dwarven Champion's Armor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
geofrey View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geofrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dwarven Champion's Armor
    Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 02:45
Has anyone discovered the Dwarven Champion's Armor? Is it discoverable? I can't seem to unlock it so I am beginning to think it is not in-game yet. Any confirm?

Epidemic View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epidemic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 04:51
I have just over 100 crafting researches and I haven't discovered it yet. We might have to finish all the research, or it might be a # of researches and building levels, or items crafted. I'll keep trying until I get it.

Have you finished all crafting researches?
Darkwords View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkwords Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 09:54
I have completed all crafting reseearch in an Elven and a Human account and not discovered their equivalent tech.

I beleive that it is released but is not available through crafting research.

Epidemic View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epidemic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 22:43
Originally posted by Darkwords Darkwords wrote:

I have completed all crafting reseearch in an Elven and a Human account and not discovered their equivalent tech.

I beleive that it is released but is not available through crafting research.

You completed all 130 crafting researches in one town?
geofrey View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geofrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 03:45
The description mentions Duraz Karag. The ancient dwarf Fortress can be located using the search feature. I sent scouts and got a well thought out reply, but only cryptic messages indicating that Duraz Karag contains secrets, but my scouts didn't know how to begin searching fo rit. 

Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 04:00
GM Thundercat today confirmed in GC that it is discoverable.
geofrey View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geofrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 14:54
Originally posted by Angrim Angrim wrote:

GM Thundercat today confirmed in GC that it is discoverable.

Thanks for posting in here. Now the quest begins. 

Darkwords View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkwords Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 15:30
Originally posted by Epidemic Epidemic wrote:

You completed all 130 crafting researches in one town?

In 3 or 4 towns Smile  me likes crafting Wink

However, I have not done much trade research.
geofrey View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geofrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 18:17
The description of diplomatic parties sent to Duraz Karag yields some interesting tidbits... 

Quote A plaque in the overgrown marketplace attests to once vibrant commerce: "Give thanks to the east, for Obsidian and fine silks. Give thanks to the west for grain and meat. Give thanks to the north, for Iceheart and oak. Give thanks to the south for spices and fish. All the goods of the world are brought here, by the skill of the Dwarven Clans in obedience to the Artefores."

This could be a hint telling us to deliver goods to the city. Obsidian is a rare mineral, grain = food, iceheart and oak are both rare resources. That leaves silks, meat, spices, and fish open for interpretation. 

This could also in reference to the quest "the Truecrafter," where you must aid a dwarvish craftsmen as he tries to pass on the works of the Artefores. 

Quote  Close to the royal palace, the wall of another shrine reads: "For the glory and might of Duraz Karag, we thank the Artifores. We give thanks that they made our crafts people deft and hard working. We give thanks that they made our kings wise. We give thanks that they made our mountain ranges rich with iron and Silversteel. We give thanks that our warriors are strong, our children healthy, our women enduring, our families dutiful. Upon these things does Duraz Karag stand. May it last for ever." 

Here Silversteel and Iron are referenced. And it is mentioned that these things make Duraz Karag stand. Maybe returning some silversteel and iron will spark something in Duraz Karag? 

Lastly, 

Your followers regret that they did not return with any treasure or insight. The ruins of Duraz Karag are so vast, they say, that it must contain some secrets, but they had no clue where they might even start such a search.

Further indication that Duraz karag has something going on, but no one has documented it yet. 

Elmindra View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elmindra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 18:54
Very nice indeed.  I think that a specific location must be a step in the right direction for these recipies.  I wonder if a non-dwarf would get the same response?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic