Topic Closedaccount sitting and war

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
twilights View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: account sitting and war
    Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 12:36
i would like to open a discussion of how to use account sitting while in war. there are many different strategies and uses when using this tool to help attack, defend, and operate an alliance during the war periods. the of the main problems in illyriad is time...time management is one of the most important elements in the game.....account sitting allows players to specialize in certain aspects and provide these services for the full alliance....In what ways are others using account sitting in war and please share to help make the game more balanced for everyone playing.
N. Chadgod View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 12:56
sigh
It's beyond fairytale, it's inconceivable!
Arakamis View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 13:00
I don't know what kind of a troll you are but if you had done half of what you did here in the site that i'm moderating, you would have several BFLs (ban for life) till now.

If you are seeking information, speak with your alliance.
twilights View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 13:06
please stop all the personal attacks and stay on topic, lets share information on how to play the game
Timrath View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 14:18
Originally posted by gameplayer gameplayer wrote:

please stop all the personal attacks and stay on topic, lets share information on how to play the game

There can be no personal attacks, since you are not a person. You are a sock puppet. You don't use your ingame name, so that no one can know who you are. Every single one of your posts I have read so far struck me as obvious attempts at trolling.
Kindly change your user name so that it reflects your ingame identity, if you wish to be taken seriously.
Deranzin View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 14:32
Originally posted by Arakamis Arakamis wrote:

I don't know what kind of a troll you are but if you had done half of what you did here in the site that i'm moderating, you would have several BFLs (ban for life) till now.

Oh come on, we all know what kind of troll he is ... an unsuccessful one ... :p 

GM Luna View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster
Community Manager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 15:31
Please don't derail the topic. If you don't have anything to add to a discussion like this one, just don't post. Thank you.

Luna
GM Luna | Illyriad Community Manager | community@illyriad.co.uk

Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 16:58
In my opinion, permasat accounts, in which a player controls more than two accounts, are of little benefit to an alliance in war.  The alliance would be better off with a competent player actively managing an account than with an account sat by someone who is trying to use six accounts.  Perhaps there are people who can play three, four or six accounts competently; I know I am not one of them.
Epidemic View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 17:35
I have used account sitting on other games, not this one. From experience I find that account sitting, permanently, hurts an alliance more than helps. The alliance benefits more by dividing up the towns between active players.
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 18:23
It is my observation that perma-sat accounts are often used to start conflicts as they are considered "disposable" to the operator.  So, the perma-sat attacks someone and the alliance then kicks the perma-sat account or holds on to it depending on the response.  Perma-sat accounts also tend to be used as supply bases more than troop bases.  They will build armies over time, but they tend to be one-off uses and not regularly, diligently rebuilt (due to the player effort required).  Perma-sat cities are usually not defended by the active members of an alliance and will be allowed to fall to sieges easily.  Again, the result of little emotional investment from the operator.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic