Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 17:03
Originally posted by Faenix Faenix wrote:

When sending siege units against a town which ends up being exodused before they arrive, can we please have the siege units return home if the town does not exist when they arrive?  Currently they set up a siege camp even though there's no city there to bombard.

Obviously troops sent to reinforce the squares around the city will need to have messengers sent to recall them, but it seems to me that the sieging / blockading troops should realize there's nothing there when they arrive.
This has now been re-resolved http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/06nov12-siege-exodus_topic4446.html
demdigs View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 20:49
I seriously dislike the limit of 30 siege engines firing at once, that is a harsh limit, because it limits you to a base 150 siege engines in a city, that's it, and you can't even have multiple sieges going from the same square, why is it that sieges are so limited compared to the rest of the game? ie. 12 hr setup time, start at 30% and eventually build up to 100% can't have multiple sieges from a same sq, limit of 30 launching. way to limited.  
GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 22:40
Originally posted by demdigs demdigs wrote:

I seriously dislike the limit of 30 siege engines firing at once, that is a harsh limit, because it limits you to a base 150 siege engines in a city, that's it, and you can't even have multiple sieges going from the same square, why is it that sieges are so limited compared to the rest of the game? ie. 12 hr setup time, start at 30% and eventually build up to 100% can't have multiple sieges from a same sq, limit of 30 launching. way to limited.  
You can have 8 sieges on a city; so 240 maximum firing on a city, and extra siege engines act as replacements to ones destroyed in attacks and sally forths.
Albatross View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 01:21
Sieging is a very powerful toy: it can wreck a player who happens to be inattentive for a couple of days. As such, I support balancing limits, be they: siege setup time, interval between attacks, number of units per division/army, build expense/time, research cost/time, maintenance cost, and so on.

Edit: having said that, I think there's scope for a 'soft limit' where you can have more, but it'll cost disproportionately more per extra unit.

Edited by Albatross - 10 Nov 2012 at 01:22
JimJams View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 22:11
Originally posted by demdigs demdigs wrote:

If you were hit by a single strafe with 300 siege engines you would pray to have this limit set (yes it was working this way until those changes).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic