FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Colony [TCol] declares war on W

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
bansisdead View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 17:14
Southern Dwarf, An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, makes the whole world blind and toothless?

BSHx have a confed with TCol, we would be expected to declare war on Consone, following your logic?
scaramouche View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 17:28
I find it very amusing that it takes 3 alliances to gang up to try and beat up a bunch of farmers...but we're still here!

ooh your sooo brave..

pitchforks at the ready.

Edited by scaramouche - 06 Nov 2012 at 17:32
NO..I dont do the Fandango!
geofrey View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 19:12
Originally posted by Southern Dwarf Southern Dwarf wrote:

I am not in Consone but is not W part of it? So Consone should because of mutual defense declare war on the colony. Or did I get it wrong?

All depends on The Colonies goals. 

If you assume their goal is to make H? victorious, then yes Consone should/will likely declare war on them. 

HOWEVER, we do not know their goals. The Colony could be having a territorial dispute with W, and they have decided the best course of action is to engage them in combat while they are busy fighting another war. 

It is also just as likely that The Colony does not like someone in W, or W's leadership, and have decided to go to war against them due to this small group of people. 

What we do know is that The Colony has only declared war on W, not all of Consone. Whatever problem they have, it seems to be only with W. 

Consone alliances will have to make a decision to support W in their war with The Colony, or leave it to W to sort out. This decision will likely be impacted once the nature and goal of The Colony is revealed. 

It is also interesting that it is only The Colony going to war, not the entire Dark Star Nation. 

KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 19:32
I'm waiting for them to declare on X, Y and Z.
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
Aurordan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Player Council - Ambassador

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 19:57
Originally posted by geofrey geofrey wrote:

Originally posted by Southern Dwarf Southern Dwarf wrote:

I am not in Consone but is not W part of it? So Consone should because of mutual defense declare war on the colony. Or did I get it wrong?

All depends on The Colonies goals. 

If you assume their goal is to make H? victorious, then yes Consone should/will likely declare war on them. 

HOWEVER, we do not know their goals. The Colony could be having a territorial dispute with W, and they have decided the best course of action is to engage them in combat while they are busy fighting another war. 

It is also just as likely that The Colony does not like someone in W, or W's leadership, and have decided to go to war against them due to this small group of people. 

What we do know is that The Colony has only declared war on W, not all of Consone. Whatever problem they have, it seems to be only with W. 

Consone alliances will have to make a decision to support W in their war with The Colony, or leave it to W to sort out. This decision will likely be impacted once the nature and goal of The Colony is revealed. 

It is also interesting that it is only The Colony going to war, not the entire Dark Star Nation. 

If you read the Colony's profile, it's pretty easy to see what their motivation is here.  They like to jump into conflicts somebody else has already won to make themselves feel like military badasses.  I imagine the reason none of WE's confederates have join to help them is that they are all tied up with their own much more threatening enemies.  

Originally posted by KillerPoodle KillerPoodle wrote:

I'm waiting for them to declare on X, Y and Z.

You're just jealous their's another alliance being abbreviated to one letter now. 
bansisdead View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 20:16
Aurordan...I've just read The Colonies profile and it didn't say anything about them liking "to jump into conflicts somebody else has already won to make themselves feel like military badasses." all I saw was a statement claiming they were military based, makes a change to all those alliances claiming they are peaceful but engaged in war ....WE are peaceful ...But please do not push us!!! (I got that from one of consones members alliance profiles).  They are also ranked 18 in alliance rankings, not exactly small fry.
Janosch View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 20:16
Originally posted by Ossian Ossian wrote:

Originally posted by Silverlake Silverlake wrote:

Originally posted by Sgt..Shanks Sgt..Shanks wrote:

Thought Curse and DLords were doing fine trying to destroy us without any extra help...

You reap what you sow, would you like me to start a laundry list of all the dirty deeds you've done while playing illy?  Because I will, you might cry in GC... "Woe is me..." but you have done too many wrongs to white wash your history of underhanded behavior as a victim.
Uhmmm...

LOL

What is in there? Soupe?
You like Democracy? Join the Old Republic!
Nokigon View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Historian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 20:30
I was originally intending to leave this thread alone, but I feel that I must interject at the sheer offensiveness of Auroran's post.
Firstly, TCol are not wannabe "Military badasses", and your lack of knowledge about them shines through in your sweeping statement about their profile. A bit of history for you- TCol have been in two wars, one against ICON and another against LWO. The LWO one, they were less actively involved than the Cave or BSH but instead defended their cities and participating in the fifth tournament. The ICON war, they fought alone and you will not find any mention of it in the forums. Why? Because Jude only posted the ones that he was either winning in or hurting the opponent. He didn't like it when the shoe was on the other foot.
Secondly, they did not join in order to make themselves feel good. I will say that much only, since if you are truly curious then mail Kale Weathers.

Edited by Nokigon - 06 Nov 2012 at 20:31
Aurordan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 20:34
Originally posted by bansisdead bansisdead wrote:

Aurordan...I've just read The Colonies profile and it didn't say anything about them liking "to jump into conflicts somebody else has already won to make themselves feel like military badasses." all I saw was a statement claiming they were military based, makes a change to all those alliances claiming they are peaceful but engaged in war ....WE are peaceful ...But please do not push us!!! (I got that from one of consones members alliance profiles).  They are also ranked 18 in alliance rankings, not exactly small fry.

You may need to practice your inference.  How much of it is spent bragging of crushing victories against much smaller or already beleaguered opponents?  And I don't see where being a military alliance comes in.  I have more respect for a generally peaceful alliance standing up for its allies and its ideals than a militant one cherry-picking easy victories.    
Aurordan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 20:45
Originally posted by Nokigon Nokigon wrote:

A bit of history for you- TCol have been in two wars, one against ICON and another against LWO. 

Well how could I doubt the prowess of an alliance tested against such powerhouses as LWO and ICON?  I'm not sure if this is making your point or mine.  

Originally posted by Nokigon Nokigon wrote:

I will say that much only, since if you are truly curious then mail Kale Weathers.
I'm not.  As I said, I've figured out why.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic