Topic ClosedHarmless? [H?] declares war on Absaroke [Absa]

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
hellion19 View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 12:50

Originally posted by Mogul Mogul wrote:

Can i rename my "propaganda comics" to history book now?

Do you know what is new definition of cowardliness?
When biggest alliance attacks 2nd biggest in middle of tournament.

Lets say that is true I just wanted to pose another question. What would you call 2nd attacking 8th in a tournament?

Edited by GM Luna - 13 Oct 2012 at 14:09
The_Dragon View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 12:51
Originally posted by LordOfTheSwamp LordOfTheSwamp wrote:

Ander's analogy is actually very good. But it's simpler than that.

There is a disagreement playing out between those who believe that morality and justice are important in Illy, and those who think it's fun to kick people around.

I have an unpleasant feeling that the overwhelming majority will be....

Those who say that morality and justice are important in Illy but won't put themselves on the line to defend that, and will then bleat like (in Grego's phrase) sheep when Illy isn't the friendly, welcoming, supportive place that they thought it was.

Someone who has high morality should consider his friend/alliance member's town/life as higher priority than tournament.
I can't understand how someone with high morality still sacrifice his soldiers in tournament while his friend's towns are in danger.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 12:53

Originally posted by hellion19 hellion19 wrote:

Can i rename my "propaganda comics" to history book now?

Lets say that is true I just wanted to pose another question. What would you call 2nd attacking 8th in a tournament?

good, clean fun?

Edited by GM Luna - 13 Oct 2012 at 14:10
dunnoob View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 13:15

Mogul created this nice map overview of the three biggest confederations...  When I count all resource camping problems I ever had since trade v2, I end up with farmers nil, crows nil, consone some limited to [off topic].       
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 13:20

There is a disagreement playing out between those who believe that morality and justice are important in Illy, and those who think it's fun to kick people around.

Those who say that morality and justice are important in Illy but won't put themselves on the line to defend that, and will then bleat like (in Grego's phrase) sheep when Illy isn't the friendly, welcoming, supportive place that they thought it was.

as a neutral in the conflict, i thought i might register that neither peace nor any side is helped by a blanket insult issued to everyone who is not fighting for the side you favour.

i have for almost a year had a note on my profile that "Everything Kurdruk says is worth reading."  evidently i need to update it to say "Everything less the namecalling and baseless characterisations..."  have an opinion if you like, but please do not presume to tell me why i am not involved.
Mogul View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 13:22

Manual for Consone players to better understand RHY, H?, DLord or NC forum posts:

When they say: "alliance ABC is attacking alliance XYZ"
they mean: "alliance ABC is self defending own towns by attacking XYZ siege camps"

When they say: "alliance ABC made unprovoked attack on alliance XYZ"
they mean: "alliance ABC is helping their confed alliance to break XYZ siege camps"

When they say: "We are helping our friends in XYZ alliance"
they mean: "We are sieging ABC alliance"

Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 13:24
I thought we were not involved because we want to save our ass... err, donkeys, donkeys for the new players?

No one ever tells me anything.
LordOfTheSwamp View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 13:28
Originally posted by The_Dragon The_Dragon wrote:

Someone who has high morality should consider his friend/alliance member's town/life as higher priority than tournament.
I can't understand how someone with high morality still sacrifice his soldiers in tournament while his friend's towns are in danger.

Yeah, I agree.

Frost ceased tournament involvement as soon as Absa were attacked. I still have one army marching (I think it was a 13d march originally), and one that was on a 7d march which hit recently, but I hope no new tournament armies were dispatched by Frost since RHY declared war.

I *hope* other Consone members took similar steps. If they didn't perhaps they just underestimated the threat that RHY/H? posed. [shrug] It would be understandable - everyone talks all the time about what a friendly place Illy is - if you hear that all the time then presumably you find it hard to believe that something like this would happen.
"A boy is building sandcastles on a beach. You go and kick down his castle. You could say that it only reflects how you play with sandcastles. Others may think it reflects who you are." - Ander.
LordOfTheSwamp View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 13:40
Originally posted by Angrim Angrim wrote:

as a neutral in the conflict, i thought i might register that neither peace nor any side is helped by a blanket insult issued to everyone who is not fighting for the side you favour.

I am fighting in favour of morality and justice being important in Illy. H? have made it clear that they believe they have the right to attack people when it suits them - see KP's "the game gives me a catapult so I have the right to use it" argument, for one of many examples.

If you believe morality and justice being important in Illy, then you are not neutral - you are on my side. But if that is the case then it is reasonable that I ask why you aren't actually acting in this to defend the victims in this aggression - Absa and VIC.

If you have no opinion on whether morality and justice are important, then you are, as you say, a neutral party, and so I am not insulting you or calling you names, as you are not in any of the 3 groups I describe above.

But if you want morality and justice being important in Illy, and you do nothing to defend that, and then you whine in future, then it is absolutely fair that I call you out for that.

Up to you whether, as the saying goes, "the boot fits."
"A boy is building sandcastles on a beach. You go and kick down his castle. You could say that it only reflects how you play with sandcastles. Others may think it reflects who you are." - Ander.
hellion19 View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 13:42

Manual for Consone players to better understand RHY, H?, DLord or NC forum posts:

When they say: "alliance ABC is attacking alliance XYZ"
they mean: "alliance ABC is self defending own towns by attacking XYZ siege camps"

When they say: "alliance ABC made unprovoked attack on alliance XYZ"
they mean: "alliance ABC is helping their confed alliance to break XYZ siege camps"

When they say: "We are helping our friends in XYZ alliance"
they mean: "We are sieging ABC alliance"

I suppose the question was difficult to answer. I felt it was simply enough but I have been wrong more times than I can count.

Also from what I can see it looks like it is a fight between ABSA/VIC and H?/RHY and Consone is not really a factor currently. Otherwise you wouldn't of stated that alliance 1 is attacking alliance 2. Rather you would probably of stated that H? and Consone is fighting which seems to not be the case. Instead you made a poor attempt at turning my statement into just playing with my wording when it was a pretty simple question.

So to sum up what you state its fine for the 8th alliance to be hit by the 2nd alliance but the 1st can't hit the 2nd? You could go with the fact that at least H? and RHY declared war and went with it while others simply just started hitting people without any formal declaration.

Mostly just saying one should hold themselves to the same standard that they want to push on others. Anything short is a certain level of hypocrisy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic