Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Tournament VI - Dark Harvest - Rules and Prizes!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTournament VI - Dark Harvest - Rules and Prizes!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
GM Luna View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster
Community Manager

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tournament VI - Dark Harvest - Rules and Prizes!
    Posted: 30 Sep 2012 at 19:39

Welcome Illyrians to our 6th tournament, Dark Harvest. Let the bloodshed... I mean, fun, begin!

RULES

The objective is to help the Circle of Five to capture souls at the squares that they have enchanted for this purpose.
The souls can be captured once per hour, exactly on the hour (midnight, 1am, 2am, etc.), 24 hours per day.
As a default, 10 souls are attracted each hour, for every square.
An army in Occupation of the square on the hour gathers the souls for the Circle of Five.
An army in Occupation of the square at other times gathers nothing.
37 squares (one for each region) have been designated as Tournament Squares, as follows:

[138|-479] in ArranLarge Forest
[-396|-572] in AzuraSmall Hill [ Jungle ]
[872|-632] in DjebeliSmall Hill [ Jungle ]
[904|-488] in ElijalLarge Hill [ Jungle ]
[-519|-905] in Farra IsleLarge Forest
[-830|334] in FremornLarge Mountain
[-380|696] in Kal TirikanLarge Hill
[576|-829] in KemPlains [ Jungle ]
[-516|-4] in KeppenSmall Mountain
[772|-163] in KeshaliaSmall Hill
[886|-349] in Kul TarSmall Forest [ Desert ]
[-924|-488] in KumalaSmall Forest [ Jungle ]
[-544|-412] in Lan LaroshLarge Hill
[907|280] in LaoshinPlains
[748|-853] in LarnSmall Mountain [ Jungle ]
[372|12] in LucernaLarge Forest
[638|59] in Mal MotshaLarge Hill
[-436|250] in MeillaLarge Forest
[85|-22] in Middle KingdomPlains
[-36|328] in NorweldSmall Forest
[308|-260] in PerrigorSmall Forest
[761|781] in QarosslanSmall Hill [ Arctic ]
[448|325] in RagallonSmall Mountain
[-683|-879] in Rill ArchipelagoLarge Mountain [ Jungle ]
[-51|-987] in Stormstone IslandPlains [ Jungle ]
[-24|-756] in TallimarPlains [ Jungle ]
[812|573] in TamarinLarge Hill
[699|292] in TaomistLarge Forest
[-823|826] in The WastesSmall Mountain [ Arctic ]
[-825|-127] in The Western RealmsLarge Mountain
[-166|-199] in Tor CarrockLarge Mountain
[441|-925] in TromeSmall Mountain [ Jungle ]
[400|-504] in TuraliaPlains
[494|840] in UrsorSmall Forest
[355|564] in WindlostSmall Hill
[109|743] in WolgastPlains
[614|-521] in ZanpurLarge Mountain

Souls are won per Alliance, not individually. Individual players should join an Alliance in order to take part.
Alliance NAPs and Confederations are suspended on these squares for the duration of the tournament, so the "Peace of the Camp" rule (outside of your own Alliance) has been suspended for combat on these squares.
The ability to either quit an alliance, join a new alliance or be kicked from an alliance has been suspended whilst the player trying to quit/be kicked has troops occupying one of the tournament squares. You must remove your troops from the tournament squares in order to change alliances during the tournament.
CHANGES OVER TIME
The souls attracted by the Circle's enchantments are the souls of those slain in the wilderness – such as those slain in battle. Therefore, more battles on the tournament squares means more souls available.
Each week, the 10 bloodiest squares – the tournament squares where the most units have been slain – start to attract more souls each hour. (This is number of troops slain, not XP value. Diplomats, gatherers, wild animals do not count.)
The 10th bloodiest in the preceding week attracts an extra 1 per hour, the 9th bloodiest attracts an extra 2, the 8th bloodiest an extra 3... up to the most bloody, which will attract an extra 10 souls per hour.
These changes are cumulative, week on week, and persist for the duration of the tournament. So, throughout the tournament, the most fiercely contested squares will become more valuable. (The most extreme possibility would be that a single square could be the bloodiest every single week. After 4 weeks it would be gathering an extra 4 * 10 = 40 souls per hour, 50/hour in total.)
DURATION
The tournament begins at midnight on October 1st.
The value of each of the preceding week's 10 'bloodiest squares' then updates at midnight at the end of the 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th, and the 'bloodiest square' counter then resets for the forthcoming week.
The enchantment collects its last souls, and then expires, ending the tournament, at midnight on October 31st (Halloween).
PRIZES
Various prizes will be awarded including:

Prestige will be awarded into the Alliance Prestige Pools of the winning alliances.
Skyclad Warriors (from the Kildarran) will be awarded to all participating players in the winning alliances. These will be sent to the Capital cities of these players, and will cost no upkeep.
A unique medal inscribed with the Alliance tag will be awarded to all participating members of the overall winning alliance.
A tournament winner's statue will be erected to commemorate the overall winners. This will remain on the map as a permanent reminder of the alliance's victory. It can be placed anywhere on the map by the alliance (within 10 squares of the current alliance capital).
A tournament sword will be granted to those whose alliance gains a victory on a square. This weapon will be available to equip as usual, but will not be anything that can be made in a player's workshops. This tournament will be the only way to get this type of equipment.
For EACH SQUARE (most souls gathered throughout the month):
1st Place: 40 Skyclad Warriors and a tournament sword to each participating player in that alliance.
2nd Place: 20 Skyclad Warriors to each participating player in that alliance.
3rd Place: 10 Skyclad Warriors to each participating player in that alliance.

For the OVER ALL winners (most souls gathered in total during the month):
1st Place: 6000 Prestige to the Alliance Prestige pool, an Alliance Tournament Statue, and a tournament victor's Gold Medal for all participating members of the Alliance.
2nd Place: 4000 Prestige to the Alliance Prestige pool, and a tournament victor's Silver Medal for all participating members of the Alliance.
3rd Place: 2000 Prestige to the Alliance Prestige pool, and a tournament victor's Bronze Medal for all participating members of the Alliance.
(For purposes of allocating the Skyclad units, swords and Medals, participating players are deemed to be those involved in actual combat on one of the designated tournament squares on behalf of the alliance. Such a player must still be in the same alliance when the tournament ends. The alliance you are in when the tournament ends is the alliance you will be given the prizes (if any) for. Involvement in combat is a pre-requisite for receiving a prize.)
We wish you luck!

Edited by GM ThunderCat - 01 Oct 2012 at 03:09
GM Luna | Illyriad Community Manager | community@illyriad.co.uk

Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 02:17
Petition 7799.  Tamarin square is not showing souls collected.

Your army has begun a occupation at Square 812|573

Sent By:System
Received By:Rill [nCrow]
Date:30 Sep 2012 23:42

Edited by Rill - 01 Oct 2012 at 02:18
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 02:33
They fixed it, but I think they double-allocated my souls now.  I got 20.

Edit: Not that I'm complaining!  I think I deserve 20 since I got there before midnight ... but I don't think that's within the rules. Wink

Edited by Rill - 01 Oct 2012 at 02:40
Silverlake View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 02:45
yawn....
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 02:46
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

They fixed it, but I think they double-allocated my souls now.  I got 20.

Edit: Not that I'm complaining!  I think I deserve 20 since I got there before midnight ... but I don't think that's within the rules. Wink

Not sure we were thinking people would get to the squares before midnight, and the code wasn't looking for pre-existing players on the squares!

But tbh, a tournament that says it starts at midnight should start at midnight (not 1am, which is what it was, effectively) - which is why you got credited for midnight as well.

Best of luck to everyone!

SC
dunnoob View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 03:30
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

Your army has begun a occupation at Square 812|573 
They do love to put tournament squares into Utopia's potential sov.  Check out what happens if you claim it, any defense bonus helps. Wink
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 04:11
I don't think they will let me claim sov there, they didn't the last time.
Anjire View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 04:51
Can you post the stats on these skyclad warriors?

Muristie View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 06:58
Great! Time to get bloody.

But since this appears to be an alliance-based tournament (the scores are broken down by alliances), how does this affect NAPs and confeds ?
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 07:23
NAPs and confeds will kill each other.  Armies from the same alliance will not.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic