Topic ClosednCrow/Crow Q&A

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 21:48
Originally posted by Brids17 Brids17 wrote:

Why is getting definite answers on just about anything from most Crowilition leadership like pulling teeth? =P

Crows have teeth?
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 22:33
Originally posted by The_Dude The_Dude wrote:

Why is getting definite answers on just about anything from most Crowilition leadership like pulling teeth? =P

Crows have teeth?

Well... Beaks count, don't they? ;)
Anjire View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 22:37
Originally posted by Darkwords Darkwords wrote:

We'll get back to you on that....
Wink

but seriously, which leaders have you approached and what was the subject of your questions?  I am not a leader as such, but found I generally got pretty straight forward answers from them which is part of the reason I transfered my account here at the end of the Valar war.

Perhaps you are asking too many things in relation to the crowalition as a whole, as obviously it takes time to define answers to questions like that, you need to ensure everyone is on a single line and as the crowalition is fairly free thinking between its individual alliances, making such declarations require alot of deliberation.

I will go with the assumption that Brids17's question was tongue in cheek since Brids17 is part of Crow leadership, no?  (Rook?!?)

Brids17 View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 00:17
Mostly tongue in cheek. But it is hard to get anyone to get an answer out of the other two Rook's in mCrow. Though I think that's mostly due to being busy in real life. 
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 00:57

I can only speak for myself and say that usually it's because the answer is "I don't know."  Sure, I could just SAY "I don't know," but then I'd feel stupid. Plus, people don't believe me anyway.
Albatross View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 02:03
I think it's difficult to get an answer because policy is difficult. Every case should be treated on its own merits, but the game is complicated enough that there are always exceptions to the general case/policy.

I'm sure everyone wants to know the boundaries of someone they're competing with. Setting expectations can help avoid conflict, especially if they relate to the case in point. Many alliances set 'lazy expectations' - detailed conditions that will and will not be tolerated, and I say "lazy" because they do not consider all the possibilities of a specific case that a player will be curious about. Besides, these policies must be sought-out, and for that reason, they're effectively inaccessible.

If players want to operate with transparency, and avoid wars over silly misunderstandings, then those players should enter situations carefully, being aware of potential conflicts, and then open the diplomatic channel (I mean talking PvP, rather than sending in the Assassins!) to agree boundaries.

So, the short answer to nearly everything is, "Every case is different; let's talk about this one."

(edit, for spelling correction)

Edited by Albatross - 18 Sep 2012 at 02:04
Mona Lisa View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 03:06

Crows have teeth?

..That's why they keep me around ! ...  /gnash  /gnaw
STAR View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 13:44
Originally posted by Kumomoto Kumomoto wrote:

Crows have teeth?

Well... Beaks count, don't they? ;)

LOL
Darmon View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 19:50
Here are another couple for Harry (or Mona, or Rill, or Crowish leadership in general):

1. What does being a Rook actually mean?  I realize you have to call your leadership something, but it's something that's fairly consistent across all the Crow branches.  Which implies to me there is a more concrete idea involved besides just "whoever is in charge of <whatever> alliance."

2. How does the Crowalition actually work?  Or does it?  Maybe this is a follow-up to #1 and involves Rooks.  I guess I'm wondering how broader policy decisions are addressed, or if they are at all?  It seems to me that the Crows are a very loose-knit group held together by just names and a mutual defense pact.  The community at-large seems to hold some different opinions though, and I don't understand why that is...  (Something historical, maybe?)
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2012 at 00:12
I have a general Crowalition question--- What does a conference room look like after a long meeting of your leadership team? And who cleans that up? ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic