Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCrime & Punishment & Orcs (a.k.a. BSH)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Vermino View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crime & Punishment & Orcs (a.k.a. BSH)
    Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 11:49
I'd like to bring a little story from Tigre (BSH) to your attention. I've been playing for more than 2 years and this is the first time I post on these forums
This is a quick summary:
  • I own a town called Cnoc Maol at 100/-707 and have been at the same spot for over a year
  • About a month and a half ago Tigre settled 4.5 squares away from my town without asking permission or giving warning.
  • He then proceeded to forcefully claim the sovereignty I already owned
  • When I expelled his troops from my sovereignty, he attacked my town
  • I got some friendly reinforces to prevent the attacks and in return Bonaparta (BSH) threathened to declare war on my alliance, which is obviously weaker, despite knowing how it all began.
  • Being too old in the game to be bullied out of my sovereignty and to give in to threats to my alliance I saw no other option but to ask for a one on one duel with Tigre so my alliance wouldn't suffer.
  • They accepted, and it was clear Tigre had been preparing for this conflict for a long time, while I was largely unprepared. I thought it was still better than a full war my alliance would lose.
  • The aftermath was obvious. While I tried to fight off his troops, he succeeded in laying siege to Cnoc Maol. At least I had tried and didn't cower at BSH threats.
  • I asked for terms and was ready to accept a settlement giving Tigre 50 million and the three sovereign squares that were originally mine and he was interested in (2 15-food and 1 14-food), as much as it pained me, given all the unfairness on this issue.
  • He was more than happy with that, but oh!, he had just spied on my granary town (I keep most of my valuables on a town protected by thieves) and learned I could afford more, so now he wants a lot more than 50 million in advanced resources.
I'm fed up with all this bullying, greed and unfairness. He will raze my town and then probably go for the rest, but I am not arming these warmongers.

• My crime? Letting someone settling so close through inattention and not wanting to involve my alliance in the struggle
  • My punishment? My towns razed Ouch

So, why am I posting this? half the reason is plain ranting about this outrage, and the other half is doing the community a service so they know who they're dealing with if they cross paths with Tigre or BSH.
Since I'm not arming them so they do the same to someone else and my future is doomed, if someone was or is being wronged by Tigre or BSH, I will donate to their cause.

I was going to name this thread "The Trolls have arrived" since we're next to the Troll hub, but I thought it would be misleading and didn't want myself to be another troll.

Thanks for your attention and I hope this post will be useful to someone.

Cheers,

Corwin View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 15:22
I'm also playing this game for over 2 years and I havn't post on the forums for quite some time and for me to has time come where I can no longer keep it for myself. I was thinking of creating a similar thread as something similar happened lately to me. 
My capital has been in Mal Motsha since before BSH was founded (a rather long time before). Right at the Lurcerna border. I never had any problems with any neighbors and never had issues with BSH.  A couple of days ago I received a mail from Gypsy_Morph (BSH), saying I had to withdraw all my occupying armies from harvestable plots in MM as 'MM belongs to the horde and their allies' (those are the exact words from the mail) The way he chose his words was far from polite, and those occupying armies were on sov squares. So I refused. I replied with saying the squares were technically mine (sov) and didn't belong to BSH. Also I stated I've been there for a long time and that BSH wasn't founded back then. 
Gypsy's reply was amazing. He called my reply rude (as if his initial mail wasn't, ) He proposed a duel between me and him, with my sovs and MM towns at stake. The duel had to be between the 2 of us, no help from alliance. Gypsy has 100k more pop then me, so not a very fair fight imo. However, weirdest part of his proposed duel was that in case I would win, I got to keep my sov and towns. If I would lose, I'd had to withdraw from MM. 
So basically gypsy's proposing a duel with someone who's a lot smaller and if he loses... nothing happens. I would have to fight for what's allready mine and with absolutely nothing to win. I didn't bother to reply to such insane challenge. I'm sure my town would've been allready under attack if I had been in a smaller alliance.
I was hoping this was a single player from BSH that has lost his mind and wanted to bully around. But after reading the above, I'm not so sure. I'm wondering if more players have had similar mails or situations. I have no bad feelings towards BSH so far, and don't want to blame the alliance in general. Maybe this has nothing to do with the situation of Vermino, but if this is really how BSH do there business I think their targets should unite against them.

Edited by Corwin - 29 Aug 2012 at 15:31
Vermino View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 16:25
So is this their signature technique?. Seems that I was lured into their trap under the threat of attacking my alliance.
I wouldn't even have started this thread if it wasn't that after accepting his insane demands he kept asking for more, up front with no guarantee of retreat, and while my town is under bombardment and hours can be vital. Clearly he didn't want to reach an agreement. All Tigre said was that I lied to him, and that I have more stuff than I acknowledge (as I one would have to hand his bank statement to a kidnapper so he can decide how much he can squeeze out of you).
Brids17 View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 16:38
I faintly recall a few people talking about Tigre being very aggressive back when he was in VALAR so I guess nothing has changed. Maybe it'll be the end of him eventually.
Ander View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 16:57
Why don't you could take refuge in a bigger alliance for a while? I'm sure there will be plenty of folks happy to take you in. May not be a very happy thing to do, but still better than giving in to bullying and blackmail.

Malpherion View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 17:16
Vermillo, in your case, I am prepared to offer my services as champion to teach Tigre a lesson.... 
I saw you would be prepared to pay 50 million+ and an offer of support.
This is just a thought mate, seems you've been bullied excessively here.
Off course we would apply their own rules, me and Tigre 1 on 1.... Evil Smile

Corwin, I remember you, your a good guy.
I would say in your case, that firstly you should talk to Jasche, he's good at that diplomacy stuff.
Your alliance should be able to "Sort out" BSH for you, surely.
Failing that, I offer to you the same as Vermillo above, 1 on 1 with Gypsy_Morph, for a nominal fee of course Evil Smile
Bonaparta View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 18:18
Interesting!

People must be really starving for conflicts. Let me try to clarify few things before 20 alliances declare war and feel very proud and just about it...

Vermino, why didn't you start by telling that you and your former alliance agreed to that duel and you fully knew what was at stake, actually it was you who proposed the duel it out with Tigre to me. Perhaps your overconfidence got the best of you when you assassinated most of Tigre's commanders, thieved tens of thousands advanced resources of him and won few skirmishes. Truth for a change wouldn't hurt. Why didn't you accept Tigre's offer to recall a siege and end this? Why did you lie that you couldn't even get 40M which is not even the amount your thieves took from Tigre. In your thieving city alone is much more ... resources worth over 1.5 billion. I think that if Tigre's spies wouldn't find out the truth you would still pretend to be a poor pacifist with large armies and huge amount of thieves just to protect yourself... In fact I was amazed when I saw that spy report. You are richest thief I ever saw... Perhaps I will write more on this matter later but let's go on to other posts.

Corwin you've got mail. 

Brids, interesting, first I hear of this, but judging from your previous posts when you always poured fuel to a fire, I really can't take you very seriously. Wherever there was a bit of a conflict you kind of choose one side and with your comments actively seek for war. Are you that bored? 

Ander. Vermino switched alliances already. I very much doubt that he informed his new alliance leaders about entire situation and even if he did I even more doubt that he spoke the truth. If he would, I doubt that any serious alliance would accept him.

Malpherion. Not long ago I read like 4-5 posts about you in conflict with different persons and alliances. I think that speaks for itself. Let me paste you definition of a bully: 

bul·ly 1 
n. pl. bul·lies
1. A person who is habitually cruel or overbearing, especially to smaller or weaker people.
2. A hired ruffian; a thug.
3. A pimp.
4. Archaic A fine person.
5. Archaic A sweetheart.

So by you bravely extending your "services" to Vermino against Tigre which point in deffinition would apply, perhaps a sweetheart? (Tigre is half your size, you do offer yourself for hire, not to mention Tigre lost most of his armies in this duel....)

Edited by Bonaparta - 29 Aug 2012 at 18:22

scaramouche View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 18:38
Originally posted by Bonaparta Bonaparta wrote:

Interesting!

People must be really starving for conflicts. Let me try to clarify few things before 20 alliances declare war and feel very proud and just about it...

Vermino, why didn't you start by telling that you and your former alliance agreed to that duel and you fully knew what was at stake, actually it was you who proposed the duel it out with Tigre to me. Perhaps your overconfidence got the best of you when you assassinated most of Tigre's commanders, thieved tens of thousands advanced resources of him and won few skirmishes. Truth for a change wouldn't hurt. Why didn't you accept Tigre's offer to recall a siege and end this? Why did you lie that you couldn't even get 40M which is not even the amount your thieves took from Tigre. In your thieving city alone is much more ... resources worth over 1.5 billion. I think that if Tigre's spies wouldn't find out the truth you would still pretend to be a poor pacifist with large armies and huge amount of thieves just to protect yourself... In fact I was amazed when I saw that spy report. You are richest thief I ever saw... Perhaps I will write more on this matter later but let's go on to other posts.

Corwin you've got mail. 

Brids, interesting, first I hear of this, but judging from your previous posts when you always poured fuel to a fire, I really can't take you very seriously. Wherever there was a bit of a conflict you kind of choose one side and with your comments actively seek for war. Are you that bored? 

Ander. Vermino switched alliances already. I very much doubt that he informed his new alliance leaders about entire situation and even if he did I even more doubt that he spoke the truth. If he would, I doubt that any serious alliance would accept him.

Malpherion. Not long ago I read like 4-5 posts about you in conflict with different persons and alliances. I think that speaks for itself. Let me paste you definition of a bully: 

bul·ly 1 
n. pl. bul·lies
1. A person who is habitually cruel or overbearing, especially to smaller or weaker people.
2. A hired ruffian; a thug.
3. A pimp.
4. Archaic A fine person.
5. Archaic A sweetheart.

So by you bravely extending your "services" to Vermino against Tigre which point in deffinition would apply, perhaps a sweetheart? (Tigre is half your size, you do offer yourself for hire, not to mention Tigre lost most of his armies in this duel....)

I find it interesting that you start this reply from the moment of the duel between these players yet fail to mention the fact Tigre hijacked vermino's sov plots by force.
Bonaparta View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 18:41
Scaramuche, actually those spots become Vermino's sovs only after the city was already there in 5 days cool down period. Not to mention they are too far away to make any profit for Vermino.

scaramouche View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 18:47
you miss the point...settling that close to someone without any notification and attacking their sov is an aggressive move by anyone's standards.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic