Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCrime & Punishment & Orcs (a.k.a. BSH)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Kilotov V2.0 View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crime & Punishment & Orcs (a.k.a. BSH)
    Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 01:48
Originally posted by Magnificence Magnificence wrote:

BSH must die.

what? have you hit your head hard or something? 

Magnificence View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 00:16
BSH must die.

Edited by Magnificence - 24 Sep 2012 at 00:20
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 23:53
it's well know sunstorm.. 
actually, this was always the case for a long time now. 
how to say...  the BSH and TCol have always been honorable fellows, and i can not understand why this whole affair is so shocking to you.. 
SunStorm View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 22:25
Well, I personally thought higher of BSH then this...  Their joint Tcol post was well thought out and showed that they were different from the former alliance that tried to take over Mal Motsha. After reading this thread, I looked for this player's city - it is no longer there.  They either used exodus or were razed.  

Shameful is what it is.  BSH's reputation may never completely recover.

"Side? I am on nobody's side because nobody is on my side" ~LoTR

Aurordan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Player Council - Ambassador

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 22:06
Originally posted by SunStorm SunStorm wrote:

Just in case anyone had forgotten this post, I have searched for and revived it for this thread.  (BTW, It would be nice if the BSH had this link on their page for easy reference - since I believe it is still valid.)

I find these actions detestable.  More than that, I find them to be in violation of the diplomatic statement that has been previously released --> "they may remain in Mal Motsha, and suffer no aggression from the Nation" (see above item  1c).

Why should someone be threatened and then feel obligated to enter a dual just to keep their home?  The fact that this dual was agreed upon by the BSH (when it is contrary to their diplomacy claim) is absurd.  

Should we disregard this older post in light of newer posts (though not official voices in a diplomatic capacity)?
Originally posted by Rorgash  <a href=http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/paint-me-a-claim_topic3567_post45245.html#45245 target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/paint-me-a-claim_topic3567_post45245.html#45245</a> Rorgash  http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/paint-me-a-claim_topic3567_post45245.html#45245 wrote:

"...The Dark Star Dominion controls Mal Motsha."
Originally posted by Rorgash  <a href=http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/orc-troops-name-changes_topic3045_post36878.html#36878 target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/orc-troops-name-changes_topic3045_post36878.html#36878</a> Rorgash  http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/orc-troops-name-changes_topic3045_post36878.html#36878 wrote:

"...JOIN The Black Skull Horde, Orc Rulers of Mal Motsha!"

Is it really news for an alliance to pay lip service to tolerance while attempting to advance their own agenda where they can get away with it?
SunStorm View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 19:29
Originally posted by Kale  <a href=http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/greetings_topic2896_post35011.html#35011 target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/greetings_topic2896_post35011.html#35011</a>  Kale  http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/greetings_topic2896_post35011.html#35011  wrote:

Hail and well met.

I come to you on behalf of Black Skull Horde and The Colony to bring a matter of great import to your attention. Our two alliances have worked hand in hand over the last several weeks to craft a new and exciting chapter in Illyriad history. We have joined ranks to forge the Dominion of the Dark Star; the first true nation in Illyria. Our goal in forming this Nation is to eventually take advantage of the benefits of the upcoming Trade and Faction overhauls. Outlined below are the core tenets, structure, and obligations that this nation possesses.

Part 1: Independent players in Mal Motsha, and the Nation's response to them.

-1a: Any player residing within Mal Motsha's borders will be sent a letter on behalf of the Nation, requesting that they join with us. Orcs, of course, will be granted membership within Black Skull horde, whilst other races may join the Colony. Players in regions sharing a border with Mal Motsha may join another Nation member alliance.

-1b: Should the player choose not to exercise this option, they will also have the opportunity to move their city to a new, non-Mal Motshan location. The Nation will, of course, give aid to the player in order to affect as painless a move as possible.

-1c: If this is also not acceptable to the player in question, they may remain in Mal Motsha, and suffer no aggression from the Nation. However, should the player in question wish to place their self under Nation protection, a weekly fee would be assessed based upon that player's population. The player may also join a training alliance and be under the protection of the nation as long as he/she is a member of that alliance. See section on training alliances.

Part 2: Players in Mal Motsha who are already a member of a non-nation alliance.

-2a: Any alliance, with member cities in Mal Motsha, may move those cities, at their own initiative, but will not be required to.

-2b: In the event that an alliance has members inside of Mal Motsha, the Nation would make an offer of payment to affect the movement of their members to another location. This would be a case by case negotiation. In place of a cash payment, a NAP may be offered.

-2c: Should such alliances find themselves at war, then they may avail themselves of the Nation to help protect their Mal Motshan holdings, for a modest fee in order to cover Nation expenses during the course of hostilities. Such action does not constitute the Nation overtly joining in or declaring war unless directly attacked, and should be construed as a defensive operation. 

-2d: If two alliances with cities inside of Mal Motsha should enter war with one another, neither side will be eligible for protection services, as this leads to a Conflict of Interest, unless the Nation has a pre-existing NAP or Confederation with one of these alliances, but not both. The Nation may also agree to protect one alliance over the other should a pre-existing payment arrangement already be in place.

Part 3: The Nation's stance on Training Alliances.

-3a: Training alliance members (and eligble surrounding regions) in Mal Motsha will receive Nation protection unconditionally.

-3b: It will be requested that, when the time comes for their players to choose a new alliance, we are given first consideration. Training alliances in regions bordering Mal Motsha will also be eligible for protection if that region also hosts a Nation member alliance.

-3c: Also, due to the Nation's unconditional offer of protection to training alliance members in Mal Motsha, we would request both basic and advanced resources be sold cheaply both in peace time and in times of war. Gold would also be accepted, but only if the training alliance volunteers it. These sales would only be expected to come from larger, permanent members who also reside in Mal Motsha, and only if the alliance has such members.

Part 4: MEMBERSHIP QUALIFICATIONS

-4a: A potential Nation member must have 50-75% or more of their total cities within Mal Motsha, or one of the regions sharing a direct border with it, to be considered. The per cent rule can be ignored by the council when considering membership.

-4b: If, at some point after an applicant has joined the nation, it has less than 50% of its cities in Mal Motsha or the regions directly bordering Mal Motsha, then that member can be voted out of the nation pending discussion. This is of course determined on a case by case basis.

-4c: A candidate for membership may be asked to remove some of its Confederations with non-Nation alliances. Any NAPs that they have, and wish to keep, may also be subject to peer review and a vote if need be. This is to help avoid external entanglements.

-4d: Members must agree to change their alliance ticker to that of the Nation name. (DDS)

-4e: The Nation reserves the right to refuse membership to an alliance at any time.

Part 5: MEMBER OBLIGATIONS

-5a: All members back one another in public. No disagreements, no dissent. A united front at all times.

-5b: The Nation respects member alliances' sovereign right to handle their own affairs (recruitment and internal matters, et. al.).

-5c: If an alliance declares war against a Nation member, the entire Nation goes to war. Smaller Nation members, or Nation members with a Conflict of Interest must provide defense services or material supply, but will need to show Good Cause to be exempt from offensive operations. This will be case by case situation, but all must contribute in some way.

-5d: If a non-Nation player or alliance harasses (via diplomat or outright attacks) a Nation member's players, the Nation member should first deal with the situation locally before involving the Nation.

-5e: All Nation members will have Confederations with one another.

-5f: All new foreign treaties with outside alliances must be vetted by the Nation. If another Nation member disagrees with the NAP, then it should not be signed. A discussion may be held to explain the reasons and attempt to sway the dissenting member, but if they still disagree, the NAP must not be signed. An outside alliance's NAP should never take precedence over the solidarity of the Nation.

Part 6: REPRESENTATION

-6a: There will be a King, which is a semi-permanent post. This position has 1 vote in matters that require them and acts as a tie breaker should there be need of one. The King may be removed by a Vote of No Confidence.

-6b: The King is responsible for running the day to day Nation business and represents the Nation as a whole to the community. But anything that potentially affects the entire Nation can be called to vote by any Councilor.

-6c: The King may appoint a Viceroy, who would take over in case of the King departing the game or being otherwise indisposed. This is primarily an honorary position, but during the King's absence, the Viceroy may use the King's vote to break ties and will remain in power until the Council can elect a new King. This position is also subject to a Vote of No Confidence.

-6d: Each alliance will have its own Councilor, with 1 vote, and more Councilor positions as dictated by that alliance's size.

-6e: Councilors are appointed by their alliance, to vote on Nation issues. Councilors are answerable only to their own alliance. That alliance dictates the amount of independence their own councilor has and may remove said Councilor at their own discretion. However, any vote already cast by that Councilor is considered binding.

-6f: When a Vote is called for any of the five major issues, a 2/3rds majority is needed for a measure to pass. For all other measures, only 51% is required.

-6g: The five major things that would require a vote are as follows: Vote to War, Vote to Aid, Vote of No Confidence, Vote of Eviction, and Vote to Amend.

-6h: Votes may also be called as a means to resolve internal matters within a member's own alliance, but are not considered binding.

-6i: In the case of a Vote being called, each Councilor may present their opinion, with five (5) days to do so from the beginning of the Call to Vote. After this is done there will be two (2) days maximum for Councilors to cast their Vote. Should the deadline be reached, at either stage, before a Councilor has presented Opinion or Voted, their Vote is discounted.

As you can see, this in no way a small undertaking by any means. We understand that our Nation might be seen as a threat, but we stress to you that this is a defensive undertaking, with little interest in affairs taking place outside of Mal Motsha itself. We do not plan to force anyone to join or move, and we do not wish to impose our will on other alliances.

With that said, we welcome any comments or questions that you might have. Please address such things to Kale Weathers or Skull' and we shall endeavor to clear them up. I thank you for taking the time to read this.

Sincerely and respectfully,
High King Kale Weathers (Tcol)
Hordemaster Skull' (BSH) 

Just in case anyone had forgotten this post, I have searched for and revived it for this thread.  (BTW, It would be nice if the BSH had this link on their page for easy reference - since I believe it is still valid.)

I find these actions detestable.  More than that, I find them to be in violation of the diplomatic statement that has been previously released --> "they may remain in Mal Motsha, and suffer no aggression from the Nation" (see above item  1c).

Why should someone be threatened and then feel obligated to enter a dual just to keep their home?  The fact that this dual was agreed upon by the BSH (when it is contrary to their diplomacy claim) is absurd.  

Should we disregard this older post in light of newer posts (though not official voices in a diplomatic capacity)?
Originally posted by Rorgash  <a href=http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/paint-me-a-claim_topic3567_post45245.html#45245 target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/paint-me-a-claim_topic3567_post45245.html#45245</a> Rorgash  http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/paint-me-a-claim_topic3567_post45245.html#45245 wrote:

"...The Dark Star Dominion controls Mal Motsha."
Originally posted by Rorgash  <a href=http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/orc-troops-name-changes_topic3045_post36878.html#36878 target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/orc-troops-name-changes_topic3045_post36878.html#36878</a> Rorgash  http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/orc-troops-name-changes_topic3045_post36878.html#36878 wrote:

"...JOIN The Black Skull Horde, Orc Rulers of Mal Motsha!"
"Side? I am on nobody's side because nobody is on my side" ~LoTR

Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 22:38
actually, depends on your tolerance to such acts.
rest sure that things like that are frowned upon by many.
consequences can go from a mail scolding, to forcing exodus to straight siege. 
Rasak View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 22:22
Originally posted by Sinatra Sinatra wrote:

Is this a pattern?  Or is it just a single example of being rude not to ask to settle this close? 

http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/546/130

Toothless, doesn't mind, but still....

I'm kinda late to the party I know, but I believe it is a valid question and related to this topic. Is it a habit to settle close to other people's cities and not inform them?
Makanalani View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 19:19
^ agreed.

-Mak
"Life is a beautiful struggle"

-New IGN: Mak (Dark Blight)
Raatalagk View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 23:52
What I find rude is a having an issue with someone and deciding to post it directly to the forums without first approaching the offending player directly.

Disputes about players settling too close to existing cities are one of the most common sources of tension in Illy. Typically, they can be resolved amicably with a few simple IGMs. I have mediated several such exchanges myself. Passive aggressive complaining on the forums is not a great first step.

Sinatra, if you are so inclined, please IGM me. I do not plan to continue this spectacle here.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic